Port Glasgow Juniors

youngportman

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still nothing frim the clown morton fans ?? Or the greenock telegraph for that matter who couldnt keep us off their pages all summer telling every1 how we were homeless and owed this and owed that ??

did the club end up having to pay the money allegedly owed or what? At least it's resolved and the club is back home

Referee played a huge part for both teams we were cruising 2-0 and missed some great chances before ref gave port a soft penalty and sending our man off by that time both teams should have had a penalty each the ref rightly sent port man off after for pulling back shire striker when already on a booking port keeper sending off at 4-1 was a bit harsh I thought but i didn't have great view of it but I disagree saying the score line was 6-1 because of the ref as I previously said were 2-0 up first 15 mins and missed 2 1 on 1s I just thought our defence was more comfortable than the ports anyway all the best to the port for the rest of the season

• 3 weeks later...

Great to cross swords with you guys again as we played out a good pre-season game and for me personally I'm glad it's at your place as its a new ground for me to visit and I look forward to meeting you guys again......

Gna pop along to watch the port against newmains on Saturday! Where abouts are port playing this season? Anyone got the postcode?

Hoping for a good game saw cambuslang vs East Kilbride last week and enjoyed the game. Got friends at a few clubs in this league so tryin to see as many games as possible

Great to cross swords with you guys again as we played out a good pre-season game and for me personally I'm glad it's at your place as its a new ground for me to visit and I look forward to meeting you guys again......

Looking forward to the game. Was a hard match during preseason

What's Port Glasgow's up to date squad? I am going to use one I seen from late July on here just if any update for programme on Saturday v Meadow? Will you bring a few supporters to Irvine for West of Scotland Cup tie?

Last time we played was 1988 and you won 4-3!! Chris Strain senior scored an og and Neil McLaughlin hat trick. He later signed for Meadow 4 years later. Thanks to one of our supporters wee article on that and Meadows West of Scotland win v Greenock.

Today was the best I've seen Port Glasgow play in a long time, to beat a super league team 6-0 was fantastic, Nugent scoring four for the second home game running and Black scoring another.

Nugents 2nd or 3rd goal (can't remember) was the best individual goal I've seen at parklea and Blacks goal was a brilliant team goal. To Ballingry's credit they didn't give up but imo the game was pretty much done at half time.

Also both teams ended the game with 10 men.

Archived