Port Glasgow Juniors

youngportman

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can I ask what you were thinking?

"Hmmm..." implies curiosity of "I wonder why that is?".

A club with an ongoing ground dispute whose next Home match disappears off the fixture list arouses curiosity even in a neutral like me.

As a worrier, unsubstantiated possible hypotheses crossing my mind included:

- whether having to push it back til later in the season due to no alternative venue being achieveable on this date?;

- whether it implies there's a meeting/hearing scheduled soon to resolve the issue so the fixture was held back to be played on the proper park thereafter instead of straightaway at an alternative venue; (hopeful thinking on my part, that one)

- whether it's got to the stage that the League themselves are even getting involved now and removed the fixture;

- etc etc???...

Which is why I hoped that posting the observation of its disappearance on here would stimulate somebody giving the expalantion.

So thank you to theundertakers for providing the answer that it has been PPd at the request of the wedding-bound visitors.

We are told that lawyers are involved. Parties of course should not reveal on here what their Legal Arguments actually are, but it would be useful to at least keep sharing what the forward timetable of legal hearings is towards getting this matter adjudicated. Without such indication that the matter is progressing, from the outside it is easy to mistake it for having descended into a staring contest. And unfortunately there'd only be one winner of that.

Hope you'll soon be back on PGCS.

Archived