Port Glasgow Juniors

youngportman

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guys you mentioned or any other GHSFP player would not start for the Port, come on now.

Guess we'll never know Mon The Port, which should please you as they wouldn't start anyway... ????????

Suits me.

Just my opinion mate nothing bitter.

Do you guys play in the highest possible league?

That's what forums are for... Having not seen the Port outwith a friendly last year a couldn't really form an opinion. The juniors look down there nose at amateur probably in a similar way to the seniors with the juniors... Such is life, it's only opinions it doesn't kill anyone... We've lost a few players to Junior sides this year and that will probably continue to be the case in years to come.

We play in the Central Scottish Premier League, which is the strongest league in amateur football. I'm sure those who know the amateur game will agree with that.... So as long as we can be competitive at that level I'll be a happy man...

Yeah I thought yous were in the strongest amateur league.

I myself don't look down on the amateurs as I know there are some decent teams and players but the juniors is just a different standard of football, same as senior a higher standard than junior

Is there a date set for any sort of decision with the council?

There are amatuer players in Inverclyde who would get a game for the port and are capable of playing higher than the central 2nd div. Of course there are players at the port who are capable of stepping up as well. The Port vs GHS would be a good game but I would expect the port to win in most cases.

The following article was in the Greenock Telegraph on Friday of last week

http://www.greenocktelegraph.co.uk/news/portglasgow/articles/2014/08/08/506510-port-glasgow-juniors-remain-homeless-at-start-of-season/

A council spokesman said today: “We have tried to engage with the club but no response has been received.

“Until suitable proposals for settling their outstanding debts with the council are in place, Port Glasgow Juniors may not use council football facilities.”

Do u believe what is un the paper ?? I know for a fact there was a meeting with the council on the 29th july and at the moment its still ongoing between the council the port committee and the ports lawyer ! As far as im lead to believe there is a deal in place and an agreement isnt far from being reached

The Tele has made several attempts to contact the club secretary Peter Loughlin this week but we have yet to receive a response.

Why would they refuse to speak to the Tele? The paper can only go on the information that it's been given, so why shouldn't the general public believe them?

I do sincerely hope that everything is sorted out, and that dues are paid to allow the Port to play their first home game of the season next week.

They wont speak to the paper because its a legal case ....far as i know all cup section games will be played away so wont be back in till league starts and also the debate is that there are no dues to be paid everything will start from scratch on our return

be great to see the port back at parklea...can't help feeling this is a no win situation for the council though...

be great to see the port back at parklea...can't help feeling this is a no win situation for the council though...

In what way? Absolutely no-one cares about a junior club who have refused to pay for public facilities, and Parklea is used all the time by other local teams at all levels. Until Port Glasgow make a humiliating climbdown them they'll be homeless - it's that simple. They and their hilarious, Lionel Hutz approach to legal contracts have been totally and predictably humiliated.

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Inverclyde Council should pay Port Glasgow what they owe them and Port Glasgow should be made to pay for the use of any and all council facility, back dated to when the new Community Stadium opened.

Inverclyde Council owe Port Glasgow nothing. Which is precisely why they're sitting doing nothing while Port Glasgow continue to be homeless for not paying to use public facilities. There is no trade-off.

Archived