-----------------------------

5- East Fife

6- Clyde

7- East Stirlingshire

8- Elgin City

9- Montrose

------------------------------

10- Queens Park

I've not seen Arbroath (though Little, Nicol and McManus are proven players at this level) and Queen's Park are a unknown package just now. Although I've seen East Fife twice, they look like they may have improved somewhat, though I'd be surprised if they were up at the top of the division.

I think Annan are clear favourites at this stage. They've kept most of the team from last year (Mitchell is a more than capable replacement for Arthur, though the other Mitchell will be missed) and have added good players in Logan and Carcary, who should give them the width they lacked at times last year.

Berwick obviously improved a lot under Cameron and again have predominately the same team. You can't underestimate the importance of retaining Currie and Lavery, but the rest of their business seems a bit underwhelming. If they get a good start they could be hard to stop, particularly as they'll have a good home record.

Albion have made a couple of great additions but they're probably under more pressure than anyone else. Obviously uncertainty surrounds the new manager and I'm not convinced their squad if the most balanced either.

I'm not convinced we'll challenge at the top. Three or four quality additions to the system we had last year would have meant we were in contention but a more expansive playing style may well disrupt what was a solid defence last year and I'm not wholly convinced on the new players. Hopefully we'll be in the running for the playoffs.

East Stirlingshire have good defenders and Max Wright is a decent player. David McKenna did absolutely nothing against us in the cup but tends to score goals but I think they'll struggle to finish top half.

Elgin will score as many goals as anyone else but defensively they've lost Crichton and that was from a team that couldn't defend anyway. I'm not convinced about Wilson as a manager either. Will probably just about survive if Gunn/Sutherland stay fit.

Montrose were the worst team we played last year and I think they'll struggle. Don't think they've added anywhere near the amount of quality required for them to improve as much as some of the other teams have.

I'll go with:

Annan

Berwick

Arbroath

Albion

Clyde

East Fife

East Stirlingshire

Elgin

Queen's Park

Montrose.

1. Annan Athletic

2. Albion Rovers

3. Berwick Rangers

4. East Fife

5. Clyde

6. Arbroath

7. Elgin City

8. Queens Park

9. East Stirlingshire

10. Montrose

Think Annan need to win the league & avoid the playoffs to get out of league 2.

Despite our chronic shiteness last season, I am actually fairly confident about QP's prospects this year and I think we could surprise a few people.

The guys we've brought in are, McGregor apart, untested at league level but I definitely think we're in better shape than we were this time last year. For a start we're not relying on a Giffnock North striker to get our goals, we have more than two players over 12 years of age and we have a manager who isn't past his sell by date.

As for the other teams, I can see Clyde doing pretty well and sending this forum into a frenzy of poor spelling and dreadful patter from wonderful characters such as paulwoodsqpfc (great banter, by the way).

Obviously a chance we could get dragged into proceedings at the bottom but I fancy us to steer clear, and the basement dog fight to be between Montrose and Elgin.

So here goes:

1) Annan Athletic

2) Clyde

3) Arbroath

4) East Fife

5) Berwick Rangers

6) Queen's Park

7) Albion Rovers

8. East Stirlingshire

9) Montrose

10) Elgin City

• 2 weeks later...