Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Totally agree. I know we don't gave 1000+ fans to fill the end. The point isnt about stopping them getting in, no one has said that. The point isn't even about throwing out Rangers fans - it's about removing people who are in the wrong end of the football ground and are ruining the enjoyment and safety of the home support. The home support is paramount and not pissing off our own fans.

As I said have a look at the Dumbo thread. The fact its midweek should curb a lot of drunk people but there will still be some idiots with their sectarian drivel. There also seemed to be a physical confrontation.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Jimmy, seems a really nice guy and I don't like questioning his managerial abillities as he obviously has achieved a lot in the game.

Yes, we have been on a decent run, but yesterday was always on the cards.Fair enough with the keeping a winning team together...but surely you have to play the next game on its merits.We rellied on two exceptional performances in Thomson and Gallagher last week to see of Alloa.We struggled in much of the game however and almost blew it in the end.

First of all, we just cannot play with two centre mids in this league, especially with one that only breaks up play.TOB or Kane have to sit in front of a usually reliable back three.Couldn't understand why we didn't try Marshall yesterday as the game was lost.Lewis was not fit and what is the point of having someone there if you ain't going to give him a chance.

We are playing with wide defensive players that don't actually tackle.Shouts on here for a 3-5-2 which was our best formation, but we only have one player in the available squad that can play in that role..Maybe Kudos would be a good option as I think I read somewhere.

Poor that JN actually changed the shape yesterday instead of personnel, as after the second goal he had to make at least one obvious substitution.Chopper when fit walks into the side for me, he is our captain and was doing really well before injury.

We are a small club doing well and competing (most weeks ) in a league above our expectant level, but over the season it will be hard to stay with the full time sides with better and stronger players if the manager doesn't play his best players/formation.

I guess one issue with Colin Marshall will be how match fit is he - he cant have played for some time and probably needs some under-20 games under his belt. Presumably might have got a run out for a short time yesterday if things were going OK but when we were 4-0 down at half time there was no point throwing him in. Don't know how fit Lewis was or wasn't.

Cowden cowboy is spot on lads. Impissible to stop so lets hope the police manage the situation and are proactive if any rangers supporting spectators in our end are a little too enthusiastic in the circumstances.

Cowdentilidie of course your sentiment is spot on and you are not the only hardcore cowden fan I know who isn't going for the same reasons as yourself, but nothing is perfect in the real world so lets hope its decent rangers fans in our end. I know gers fans from Cowdenbeath and they will be in our end but they are locals and well known and won't be near any trouble.

There were Queens fans on the Cowden terracing recently and they kept quiet. No bother at all.

But I remember last season when the Townie fans were on the terracing and the only barrier was two bits of tape and some stewards. There were cups of tea, pies etc being thrown back and forward. Fortunately most of the away support there were quite young so there never was going to be any real bother. However, it still was more luck than anything else that nothing more serious happened.

There were Queens fans on the Cowden terracing recently and they kept quiet. No bother at all.

But I remember last season when the Townie fans were on the terracing and the only barrier was two bits of tape and some stewards. There were cups of tea, pies etc being thrown back and forward. Fortunately most of the away support there were quite young so there never was going to be any real bother. However, it still was more luck than anything else that nothing more serious happened.

Did you go to the Accies game? Shows how small a group it takes to start bother.

I like Jimmy, seems a really nice guy and I don't like questioning his managerial abillities as he obviously has achieved a lot in the game.

Yes, we have been on a decent run, but yesterday was always on the cards.Fair enough with the keeping a winning team together...but surely you have to play the next game on its merits.We rellied on two exceptional performances in Thomson and Gallagher last week to see of Alloa.We struggled in much of the game however and almost blew it in the end.

First of all, we just cannot play with two centre mids in this league, especially with one that only breaks up play.TOB or Kane have to sit in front of a usually reliable back three.Couldn't understand why we didn't try Marshall yesterday as the game was lost.Lewis was not fit and what is the point of having someone there if you ain't going to give him a chance.

We are playing with wide defensive players that don't actually tackle.Shouts on here for a 3-5-2 which was our best formation, but we only have one player in the available squad that can play in that role..Maybe Kudos would be a good option as I think I read somewhere.

Poor that JN actually changed the shape yesterday instead of personnel, as after the second goal he had to make at least one obvious

substitution.Chopper when fit walks into the side for me, he is our captain and was doing really well before injury.

We are a small club doing well and competing (most weeks ) in a league above our expectant level, but over the season it will be hard to stay with the full time sides with better and stronger players if the manager doesn't play his best players/formation.

We still have problems with set pieces. How many goals have we lost at corners? The Falkirk defender strolled up for a corner second half and didn't even have to jump very high to put the ball in.

Re the not changing a winning team doesn't wash with me either. In the queens game, if they had put Russell on our left for longer I'm sure the outcome would have been different. Similarly against Alloa, we were coasting at 3-1 then Alloa started playing more down our left side and almost stole it at the end. We have weaknesses and yesterday this was realised big time.

Regarding defending set pieces, the way we failed to defend the free kick for the secong goal was sunday league stuff. Falkirk bullied us deeper and deeper before the kick was taken. The line was all over the place and in the 6 yard box, absolute chaos. Forward to later in the half and we have a similarly positioned free kick on our right. Big strong straight line from falkirk further up the box away from the keeper and easily defended.

I like Jimmy, seems a really nice guy and I don't like questioning his managerial abillities as he obviously has achieved a lot in the game.Yes, we have been on a decent run, but yesterday was always on the cards.Fair enough with the keeping a winning team together...but surely you have to play the next game on its merits.We rellied on two exceptional performances in Thomson and Gallagher last week to see of Alloa.We struggled in much of the game however and almost blew it in the end.First of all, we just cannot play with two centre mids in this league, especially with one that only breaks up play.TOB or Kane have to sit in front of a usually reliable back three.Couldn't understand why we didn't try Marshall yesterday as the game was lost.Lewis was not fit and what is the point of having someone there if you ain't going to give him a chance.We are playing with wide defensive players that don't actually tackle.Shouts on here for a 3-5-2 which was our best formation, but we only have one player in the available squad that can play in that role..Maybe Kudos would be a good option as I think I read somewhere.Poor that JN actually changed the shape yesterday instead of personnel, as after the second goal he had to make at least one obvious substitution.Chopper when fit walks into the side for me, he is our captain and was doing really well before injury.We are a small club doing well and competing (most weeks ) in a league above our expectant level, but over the season it will be hard to stay with the full time sides with better and stronger players if the manager doesn't play his best players/formation.

what would be your favoured formation mate?

Marshall must surely only be short of match fitness from playing or why sign him when we have a big squad already.

Regarding defending set pieces, the way we failed to defend the free kick for the secong goal was sunday league stuff. Falkirk bullied us deeper and deeper before the kick was taken. The line was all over the place and in the 6 yard box, absolute chaos. Forward to later in the half and we have a similarly positioned free kick on our right. Big strong straight line from falkirk further up the box away from the keeper and easily defended.

Not difficult to keep that line from that position either because they can't go offside. Would think its lack of leadership at the back when we're not holding that line. Could say thats because Chopper is out but this must be obvious to experienced pros. Someone needs to take charge at the back.

what would be your favoured formation mate?

Marshall must surely only be short of match fitness from playing or why sign him when we have a big squad already.

3-5-2 was the formation that kept us in the league.The formation that Jimmy has been playing recently has enabled us to get the best from Gallagher and Kudos...until yesterday against a decent footballing side.

Absolutely no question we need three in the middle.

Not difficult to keep that line from that position either because they can't go offside. Would think its lack of leadership at the back when we're not holding that line. Could say thats because Chopper is out but this must be obvious to experienced pros. Someone needs to take charge at the back.

should never have been a free kick either.wee poof conned the ref, fraser(I think) won the ball easily and fairly.

OK I'm sitting beside a Rangers fan in the same way I have sat and stood beside a fan from any other club. He cheers when his team scores and shouts them on - is he compromising my enjoyment? Not really, though Rangers scoring has. Is he compromising my safety - not necessarily and it is for the stewards/police to judge in terms of the overall scenario. It might compromise my enjoyment more if some other Cowden fans start complaining about his presence, block my view by confronting him or come moaning to me saying I should do something about it.

Now much of this really seems to come down more to dislike/hatred of Rangers/Old Firm as opposed to a sensible approach to policing and stewarding. Why not just leave how segregation is handled to the judgement of the police and stewards - they don't need told how to do their job and I assume will tend to apply common-sense as opposed to absolute zero tolerance. It is their responsibility and they are paid to exercise their judgement and operate a hard line if they see fit.

There is no point having segregation if it is abused. With any other club this would not be a problem, but with this mob they will openly laugh in your face. If they sit quietly, then no problem, but if they openly shout or sing etc, they should be ejected from the ground. Anything else is a joke.

Re the pitch damage. Fat Sally will already have this as top of the list of excuses if they lose.

But Ron we didn't chop and change yesterday - it was the same team as for the last few games and thye had been doing OK. Once you are 2-0 down away from home - I would expect most managers would change things given we were getting skinned down our left hand side.

David, I had no problem with Jimmy fielding the same side on Saturday. My point about chopping and changing wasn't about that - though I failed to make that clear. Last season we finished in great style with fantastic team spirit, and we blew the Pars out of the water. Somehow that momentum was lost in the close season and in the early part of this season, though clearly the loss of Hemmings and Stewart was massive. (Good to see Greg score for Dundee again on Saturday.) We needed to be quick out of the blocks, especially playing against teams like Dumbarton and Alloa at home, but we looked adrift and uncertain. The formation stuff should have been sorted out in the close season. We have been affected by injuries, but we have a large squad (though Jimmy seems to have lost confidence in some of his summer signings). It's reasonable for questions to be asked of the management team. The buck stops with Jimmy; he has to earn his corn by getting the best out of part-time players. Formation, tactics and confidence-building are his domain this is where chopping and changing can exact a toll.

My point wasn't a negative one. I do believe we have some good players and that Jimmy is a decent manager. It's always going to be a battle to avoid relegation. We can do it again, but a part-time team needs consistent clarity of direction and good organisation in order to survive at this level.

If we're being honest, we have to say that given our stuttering form we're lucky still to be within touching distance of some of our natural rivals. These next few games are critical. Saturday's game at Forfar provides a chance to get right back on track. I'm looking forward to it.

There is no point having segregation if it is abused. With any other club this would not be a problem, but with this mob they will openly laugh in your face. If they sit quietly, then no problem, but if they openly shout or sing etc, they should be ejected from the ground. Anything else is a joke.

Re the pitch damage. Fat Sally will already have this as top of the list of excuses if they lose.

We've already been told by a club official that nothing will be done about it. The official line looks like "grin and bare it". Alright for them sittin in the officials area. If it gets too bad I'll just leave. I'm considering not going at all.

We've already been told by a club official that nothing will be done about it. The official line looks like "grin and bare it". Alright for them sittin in the officials area. If it gets too bad I'll just leave. I'm considering not going at all.

A club official said leave it to the police and stewards. Never once said nothing would be done about it.

Archived