Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Make a statement before the game warning that any fan found to be supporting Rangers in the home end will be immediately removed and quote the relevant rule that backs this up. Get them to f**k. Sounds like the Dumbarton game could have escalated into something more.

I don't know how the police and stewards handle this but I would be surprised if there wasn't a much more tolerant approach than you suggest. Being heavy handed/zero tolerance would I suspect cause more bother - I for one don't see the point of petty point-scoring - some of the fans in the wrong area will likely be decent folks, father and son for example, just wanting to see their team play. If Cowden fans do all the vigilante stuff, reporting Rangers fans to stewards and police trying to get them thrown out, etc - then all you are likely to get is more confrontations, incidents, arguments - people getting their view blocked, and more cost to the club for future matches, etc.

Suggest let the police and stewards handle matters as they deem appropriate and we just accept that as being sensible and don't pour fuel on to fires.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any decent Rangers fan in the home end will stay silent and observe the game drawing no attention to themselves hence no one will know they are Rangers fans. Any fan openly supporting Rangers should immediately be removed regardless of anything. All it would take is a flash point in the game for fans to be put at risk. There should be no ifs or buts.

But I know they won't be dealt with (much like at Dumbo) and its one of the main reasons I'm not attending.

Another...

The damage to the pitch is a disgrace but why do we agree to pay rent when the Club have to repair the pitch. We should just not pay them.

Also how can cars be allowed on the pitch, surely that's a danger to the marshals etc that are in the middle and has to be a breach of the rules they have to operate under. The stockies are nothing but trouble to the Club and its only the Brewsetrs who get money from it. Without it, they have nothing. Time to get a campaign going to get the stockies stopped.

Starve them of their income so they have to get out of our town and get our Club and stadium back.

Any decent Rangers fan in the home end will stay silent and observe the game drawing no attention to themselves hence no one will know they are Rangers fans. Any fan openly supporting Rangers should immediately be removed regardless of anything. All it would take is a flash point in the game for fans to be put at risk. There should be no ifs or buts. But I know they won't be dealt with (much like at Dumbo) and its one of the main reasons I'm not attending.

Regardless of anything? Even regardless of creating more and worse flashpoints?

OK I'm sitting beside a Rangers fan in the same way I have sat and stood beside a fan from any other club. He cheers when his team scores and shouts them on - is he compromising my enjoyment? Not really, though Rangers scoring has. Is he compromising my safety - not necessarily and it is for the stewards/police to judge in terms of the overall scenario. It might compromise my enjoyment more if some other Cowden fans start complaining about his presence, block my view by confronting him or come moaning to me saying I should do something about it.

Now much of this really seems to come down more to dislike/hatred of Rangers/Old Firm as opposed to a sensible approach to policing and stewarding. Why not just leave how segregation is handled to the judgement of the police and stewards - they don't need told how to do their job and I assume will tend to apply common-sense as opposed to absolute zero tolerance. It is their responsibility and they are paid to exercise their judgement and operate a hard line if they see fit.

If we don't pay the rent - what would the owners do then - bear in mind they own the Football Club and the stock car companies?

Well what would they do, ? we would be in dispute over cost of repairs we have had to pay for despite paying how much per game, £1000 per game has been mentioned. Should they not be supplying a pitch fit for purpose for that kind of money. ?

No stock cars means no money and no Brewsters. It's the only way our Club can survive. Force them to sell the Club. They are just taking the piss and the Club are just rolling over to them every time.

time to grow a set of balls and tell them to get to fuk

Okay, so why segregate the game? Clearly it's not a big issue so just let everyone mix. I assume someone will only be removed after trouble has occurred as opposed to being proactive.

The game is segregated and if someone enters the home end supporting the away team they know they are running the risk of being removed. If you're going to do it you sit and say f**k all.

If I was at a segregated match and was sat next to someone openly supporting the opposition team it would affect my enjoyment of the game absolutely. They shouldn't be there. You're talking about people confronting him being wrong but that's absoltely what happens in these cases and will happen. Way to stop this? Remove anyone who shouldn't be there - simple. f**k them as they shouldnt be there.

The same would be said if it was a Pars fan. Imagine a play off final v the Pars and they score in the last minute to relegate us. A pars fan is amongst the Cowden fans and starts cheering. Would that be acceptable? How would that go down.

Okay, so why segregate the game? Clearly it's not a big issue so just let everyone mix. I assume someone will only be removed after trouble has occurred as opposed to being proactive.

The game is segregated and if someone enters the home end supporting the away team they know they are running the risk of being removed. If you're going to do it you sit and say f**k all.

If I was at a segregated match and was sat next to someone openly supporting the opposition team it would affect my enjoyment of the game absolutely. They shouldn't be there. You're talking about people confronting him being wrong but that's absoltely what happens in these cases and will happen. Way to stop this? Remove anyone who shouldn't be there - simple. f**k them as they shouldnt be there.

The same would be said if it was a Pars fan. Imagine a play off final v the Pars and they score in the last minute to relegate us. A pars fan is amongst the Cowden fans and starts cheering. Would that be acceptable? How would that go down.

No the way to handle this is to leave it to the police and stewards to deal with as they think fit. How does it just stop the problem by simply trying to remove the fan/s? - that might lead to a bigger confrontation, more bother, more fans getting involved - actually neither approach assures that there is no problem. However, police and stewards have experience of such situations and should apply the learning they have from these to how they operate without needing advice from armchair experts as to how they should operate.

It really makes no difference - whatever happens I expect the club/police/stewards will get some criticism because you can't please all of the people all of the time and pander to everyone's personal wishes. That goes with the territory.

No the way to handle this is to leave it to the police and stewards to deal with as they think fit. How does it just stop the problem by simply trying to remove the fan/s? - that might lead to a bigger confrontation, more bother, more fans getting involved - actually neither approach assures that there is no problem. However, police and stewards have experience of such situations and should apply the learning they have from these to how they operate without needing advice from armchair experts as to how they should operate.

It really makes no difference - whatever happens I expect the club/police/stewards will get some criticism because you can't please all of the people all of the time and pander to everyone's personal wishes. That goes with the territory.

You're not thinking straight CC. There should be NO RFC supporters in home ticket seats other than the chairman. You're asking for trouble by allowing that to happen. That's why segregation is being used. Proactive or preventative before reactive.

I am not allowing it to happen though. It is a segregated match but I am not naïve enough to think there will be no Rangers fans in the home end. If we are being specific over and above the Chairman, there will be Rangers fans in the home stands - from Hospitality, the Rangers official party including non-playing players, Cowden fans who also support Rangers, Cowden fans who come with Rangers supporting friends/family, etc.

Don't you agree it is a matter for the police and stewards not for 'vigilantes', Rangers haters, etc to decide how it is handled? You don't tell the police/security staff how to do their job and let them get on and do it and use their judgement - that looks like pretty straight thinking to me.

One other aspect is that if you did have a full capacity crowd - non-Home fans in the home end would have to be ejected from the stadium as there is no spare capacity in the away area - I don't know if a blind eye approach would be condoned to that aspect or fans moved around in the stand - either way probably hugely disruptive.

You're not thinking straight CC. There should be NO RFC supporters in home ticket seats other than the chairman. You're asking for trouble by allowing that to happen. That's why segregation is being used. Proactive or preventative before reactive.

What if you've got a Rangers supporting mate and you get him a ticket in the home end so you can go to the game with your pal and sit together. I've got Hibs and Hearts supporting pals that rarely get to go to games as they don't have anyone to go with and we'll probably be doing just that. I'm sure the situation will probably arise with someone with a rangers pal.

Different scenario to whole groups of them coming in.

Then your pal should be under instructions to shut the f**k up. I had a Raith pal in the Cowden end during the home game this season, he knew he was in the home end so acted like a normal human being. He enjoyed the goals but no one had any idea he was supporting Raith - that's how they should act.

Read the Dumbarton - Rangers thread and form your own opinions. Bigotry and trouble in the home end. It's naive to expect otherwise.

Cowden cowboy is spot on lads. Impissible to stop so lets hope the police manage the situation and are proactive if any rangers supporting spectators in our end are a little too enthusiastic in the circumstances.

Cowdentilidie of course your sentiment is spot on and you are not the only hardcore cowden fan I know who isn't going for the same reasons as yourself, but nothing is perfect in the real world so lets hope its decent rangers fans in our end. I know gers fans from Cowdenbeath and they will be in our end but they are locals and well known and won't be near any trouble.

Then your pal should be under instructions to shut the f**k up. I had a Raith pal in the Cowden end during the home game this season, he knew he was in the home end so acted like a normal human being. He enjoyed the goals but no one had any idea he was supporting Raith - that's how they should act.

Read the Dumbarton - Rangers thread and form your own opinions. Bigotry and trouble in the home end. It's naive to expect otherwise.

They don't need to be told. They aren't daft. There's some chat over in the edinburgh derby thread about there being a jambo horsed out the home end for acting like a dick. Anyone that does act like that should be horsed out.

Yes but 1) there is probably some exaggeration from people who have an agenda about bigotry and trouble; and 2) there is absolutely no simple one size fits all solution to this - the security people have to take a rounded view and that might not be one you agree with. In fact you are saying it is OK to have some away fans in Cowden end in principle as you have brought a Raith fan in in the past.

Archived