Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Good move. Keep it affordable as possible and lets see if we can get more season books sold with the club on a high at the moment. Need more locals at the games big time.

Agree with trying to tempt the locals that have been at the last few games. Apart from Dunfermline at home we've played well. I fear the part time and occasional supporters will remain just that though.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else find it hysterical that people are saying their club has a PCA with Kane.

So far i've seen Livi, dundee, townies and accies all in for him. Heard that Falkirk put in a bid in January as well. Don't think livi got as far as the pca as they couldn't afford the lawyers fees.

He must be a lying wee shit oor Kane

Anyone else find it hysterical that people are saying their club has a PCA with Kane.

So far i've seen Livi, dundee, townies and accies all in for him. Heard that Falkirk put in a bid in January as well. Don't think livi got as far as the pca as they couldn't afford the lawyers fees.

Hope he's enjoying the sun in Florida. Be interesting to see if Orlando City make him an offer.

If he doesn't sign for Orlando City, keep an eye on Hearts.

Sorry if this has been covered, didn't read the rest of the thread.

Do Cowden have any plans in the pipeline to move away from Central Park?

I'm obviously clueless as to the club's financial situation but with the following season surely being one of the most lucrative seasons the club have had in recent times this would seem to an outsider as the best time to go for it.

Sorry if this has been covered, didn't read the rest of the thread.

Do Cowden have any plans in the pipeline to move away from Central Park?

I'm obviously clueless as to the club's financial situation but with the following season surely being one of the most lucrative seasons the club have had in recent times this would seem to an outsider as the best time to go for it.

Theres been a lot of talk about buying the stadium back and various ideas/ projects to improve things and all of it was apparently reliant on us staying up so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

The fact we are putting in a 3G pitch would indicate no.

Is there a cut-off date by which we have to apply for permission to use an artificial pitch next season?

This article http://spfl.co.uk/news/article/season-201415-start-dates/ mentions several clubs who have already been granted permission, plus Stenny who are in discussions to get permission.

No mention of Cowden though.

I think we should go down the route that a few teams did with the Rangers games - the home game before we are due to play them, hand out tickets that will allow those people first dibs at tickets for the following game against them. That way, we should get much more nuetrals coming through the gate against say Livingston, than what normally would.

Could even do it before the Hearts games too as they will nearly certainly be sellouts as well.

Theres been a lot of talk about buying the stadium back and various ideas/ projects to improve things and all of it was apparently reliant on us staying up so we will just have to wait and see what happens.

Central Park is where we should be. We could never get a better location and anywhere on the outskirts of the town would never be attractive to many locals. If a bit of money could be spent on the stadium and something done about the stockies ( the fence!) how good would that be.

Sundays success is reward at the club gor all the hard work put in over the last few years from the unbelievable board to the coaches and players. We have kept and developed a great core of players and I hope they are all kept on with better deals or it just won't be the same.

Flynn, brett, armstrong, obrien, adamson, robertson, miller, milne and stewart who now departs to dundee with best wishes. What a backbone to the squad they are and it feels like they really care for success at the club. Be great if brownlie, wedderburn and stevenson could join that group of stalwarts.

Add a few signings here and there to compliment them but they are the heroes.

Its a no brainer jimmy.

The fact we are putting in a 3G pitch would indicate no.

The pitch is too small. Surely a 3G pitch would have to meet the minimum size requirements and the work involved in putting it in would stop the stock cars operating and would narrow the track. Also, as we don't own the ground, why would we use the money provided to put a 3G pitch in at Central Park?

I see your point Al but we need 6/7 new players. We finished second bottom and conceded a huge amount of goals, this needs to be changed. I don't see the point in keeping players like Stevenson who will be on good wages when JN clearly doesn't see him as a starter. Waste of a wage.

3 strikers, a left sided player, a right sided player, a centre midfielder and a centre half (Brownlie please) as well as retaining the majority of Sundays starting XI and releasing the players who JN doesn't see as being good enough to force their way in. No point in having players who are 'subs'. We need competition. We say how badly a couple of injuries affected us.

The pitch is too small. Surely a 3G pitch would have to meet the minimum size requirements and the work involved in putting it in would stop the stock cars operating and would narrow the track. Also, as we don't own the ground, why would we use the money provided to put a 3G pitch in at Central Park?

I'm only going by what the chairman and JN said. I agree a 3G pitch wouldn't make sense at Central Park. It would be ruined by some tink in a stock car in weeks.

There is no realistic short term prospect of us moving. Having a new pitch means less games called off and better quality football. Other fans won't be able to moan at us as much which is a downer but overall a good move.

There is no realistic short term prospect of us moving. Having a new pitch means less games called off and better quality football. Other fans won't be able to moan at us as much which is a downer but overall a good move.

I would prefer that we stay at Central Park, but something will have to change now if we are to go ahead with a plastic pitch in a ground we don't own and where the current pitch is too small.

I see your point Al but we need 6/7 new players. We finished second bottom and conceded a huge amount of goals, this needs to be changed. I don't see the point in keeping players like Stevenson who will be on good wages when JN clearly doesn't see him as a starter. Waste of a wage.

3 strikers, a left sided player, a right sided player, a centre midfielder and a centre half (Brownlie please) as well as retaining the majority of Sundays starting XI and releasing the players who JN doesn't see as being good enough to force their way in. No point in having players who are 'subs'. We need competition. We say how badly a couple of injuries affected us.

So you are agreeing apart from jamie and your wee fav kyle miller :-).

So out goes morton sadly, gold, sammy stewart, usai, dont know if rory interested in coming back plus the 2 strikers and theres the 6/7 spaces for new players.therefore I would keep jamie and kyle.

Also wee kyle did well at right back when he came on sunday, you have to admit that mate :-)

Central Park is where we should be. We could never get a better location and anywhere on the outskirts of the town would never be attractive to many locals. If a bit of money could be spent on the stadium and something done about the stockies ( the fence!) how good would that be.

Got to agree with you AC.The money we will generate from staying in the championship is amazing but nowhere near what a new facility would cost.Central Parks location makes it one of the best football days with plenty parking,pubs,food shops and the train station a stones throw from the stadium.The playing surface at the back end of each season and the fence are the major problems.If we could solve that what a difference it would make.

Archived