Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Yes I meant Linlithgow rose a far better supported team than Cowdenbeath as I have said many times you should not be allowed to play senior football Bo'ness united are a bigger team than you ..you and you're ground are a disgrace

post-882-0-64506000-1406968629_thumb.jpg

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very worried about our lack or left and rick sided midfielders , lewis milne is our best player and looked like the only player today that could do something , higgins was average good header for the second goal , see the guy who we were meant to be signing when we played hamilton was in the crowd today , portuguese striker ?

The fact we haven't signed any left or right sided players would indicate that we aren't going to play a formation that needs them... or not. Absolutely baffled by the selections so far. Everyone seems to be saying the same thing we have the players to play 3-5-2 nothing else.

Surprised JN went to CJ over his new signings today but I think CJ has a lot of potential.

Surely 3-5-2 is a system that absolutely requires wide left and right players rather than being a system you use in their absence?

Thought Sammy Stewart looked useful again until he picked up a groin injury. Milne is now a key player and a real talent. Make no bones about it though we wont have a 40 goal strikeforce so the midfield know they have to weigh in with goals this season. Kyle Miller deserves some praise as well and I think he will continue to develop and improve. Higgins looks like a talented and clever player when he gets on the ball. CJ too I think will come on.

Surely 3-5-2 is a system that absolutely requires wide left and right players rather than being a system you use in their absence?

It requires wingbacks - which you know we have. We don't have any players that can play wide in a midfield 4. To say otherwise is incorrect.

Brett and McKeown were wingbacks - they had pace and were at their best going forward - they could therefore in all likelihood play wide in a midfield set up. Kenny is probably more a defensive full back and Iain Campbell is yet to show whether he can operate as a wingback.

As I stated earlier in this thread, we never replaced Mckewan as if he were still at Cowden JN would have stuck to our successful formation.we are also leaving a quality defender on the bench due to the change in our set up.

Must admit to being really worried about our chances of competing this season right now.

Kenny operated as wingback last season. Nichol has brought in Campbell, surely he should have brought someone in who could play that position then. If not why sign Campbell? One player at left wingback is better than shoehorning players on the left and right of midfield - players who can't play their.

Last season we had two incredible strikers whereas this season we are just going to have an incredible amount of strikers.

Sutherland, Higgins, Jurisic and Johnston already signed up with the Portuguese boy presumably going to sign on as well. Then Jimmy keeps talking about these two Premiership strikers that he has lined up to come in on loan. Seven strikers seems a bit more excessive unless that's his answer to wide midfielders? He did sign Coult and play him as a right winger...

Word is 1 of them isnt coming anymore as he has done so well in pre season for his club. He didnt play today and wasnt on the bench either but he may have been injured/suspended, I dont know.

What baffles me 100percent is why sign 2 strikers for a season in the championship and they don't leave the bench against a team 2 leagues below while we persist with 1 up front.

That was PISH again to watch along with last week and at this rate I will be spending every 2nd sat with my daughter instead of travelling the country to watch that SH1TE negative football.

Lewis Milne and Shun Higgins were streets ahead of the rest today. At times they must get pissed off they have nobody else on the same wavelength to pass to. Felt abit sorry for Higgins, hung out to dry up front on his own. Hr is clearly a player, but needs runners around him to utilise his vision and touch.

Well done to kyle miller again who had another decent game.

Archived