Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

We're going to be under a lot of pressure this season. We need two competent keepers who will compete for the gloves - not one good one and a rookie. Thomas Flynn deserves to be #1 keeper, but it's not unreasonable to give the new keeper some game time before the league season kicks in.

Getting a good striker is hard, for obvious reasons. Whether Sutherland will do the business or not remains to be seen - but at 25 with a bit of presence and pace makes him worth a punt. Jimmy Nic is still talking about loan signings, saying that the agreement with the SPL clubs is that they wouldn't come till the league season starts. Makes sense. This is going to be an exciting season!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree.

Stakes are higher. We have to act accordingly. Too risky to only have 1 good keeper.

We are a wide attacker and a striker short now minimum.

shaping up slowly.

All the best to craig sutherland.

I hear the slovakian who was 11 against st mirren was looking good in training on friday.

You're not allowed to be critical though! You're not allowed to be honest!

Said it was a shit draw and I was proved right. If we play 4-4-2 Nichol can go.

Agree with 442. Brownlie surely needs to play after last season.

We need 3 or 4 players as Kane and Stewart shouldn't start and I fear that Higgins and Campbell not mobile enough at this level.

I will keep believing as we have done so much but feel a little deflated after last seasons end and the talk around changes if we stayed up. Hopefully players still to come in.

C'mon the Silky!

How can we play players who were not even in with a chance last season but there first team this year in a harder league?

Such as who - Craig Johnston conceivably is the only player you could place in that category i.e. 'not even in with a chance last season'. I am sure we would have liked to play Stewart, Hemmings, Milne and Brett as 1st choices today but they weren't available sadly.

You're not allowed to be critical though! You're not allowed to be honest!

Said it was a shit draw and I was proved right. If we play 4-4-2 Nichol can go.

As always, who stops folk being honest and saying what they like? That doesn't happen. Those who love to criticise and 'be honest' though seem awfully sensitive when they are in turn criticised!

2 main issues for me today.

1. Centre mid. How can we play good football with O brien and Kane as the 2 central midfielders.NEITHER is a play maker or creative type. 2nd half had Brownlie and Kane in there at 1 stage, again NEITHER a ball player.

2. Fitness. Season has started people. How are Brechin fitter than us in the 2nd half and extra time? Has anyone played 90 mins in the friendlies. We controlled 1st half wihout being great then gradually fell away. Were much better 1st half at Linfield and v St mirren aswell.

Our Mom was Kyle Miller.

Keeper sold the 2nd and maybe could have saved the first so would imagine Flynns turn next week.

Archived