Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

I used to see him aswell when he used to stay at the houses nxt to big w he's my cousins best pal. Murray his big brother play's wi haddington he scored last night

Aye my old man was at that game. V Hutchie.

I think you can play trialists in the Brechin cup game but not the Clyde game.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sutherland again? :lol: he's been on trial longer than Oscar Pistorius. He's pish.

As I posted in the Dumbo thread he's had more trails than I care to remember. Constantly doing pre season with Scottish clubs it seems. I think he played for QP latterly last season. I'm sure he was a sprinter or something so meant to be rapid. I've never seen him play so couldn't comment. Could be an option.

Evidently, you could. :rolleyes:

Striker apparently. I'd be shocked if a few championship clubs are in for a Dundee youth player who doesn't have a single first team appearance for them. Most of the teams in this league will have better youth players already. It only leaves the part time teams.

Back page of times says 2 loans agreed but they are not coming til league games start.

That's far from abnormal. Clubs often won't finalise loan deals until the last minute - when they'll know exactly how many fit players they have in their squad. The clubs themselves often don't know until the last minute, simply because good players and their agents will hold out for the best deal possible. It's not handy for everyone, but it's real life. (Think of the business with Beck, who got a better deal from Falkirk late on.)

What is worse is to make panic moves for substandard players. We badly need a couple of good strikers - who doesn't? - and it seems we have one or two good loans lined up, but as a part-time club with a small home support, we're not exactly in control.

That's far from abnormal. Clubs often won't finalise loan deals until the last minute - when they'll know exactly how many fit players they have in their squad. The clubs themselves often don't know until the last minute, simply because good players and their agents will hold out for the best deal possible. It's not handy for everyone, but it's real life. (Think of the business with Beck, who got a better deal from Falkirk late on.)

What is worse is to make panic moves for substandard players. We badly need a couple of good strikers - who doesn't? - and it seems we have one or two good loans lined up, but as a part-time club with a small home support, we're not exactly in control.

Don't wanna gum up your thread but it does seem to be one of those years where there is nothing doing on the striker front. Usually, or so it seems ot me, you get strikers having a good second season and getting a move to a bigger team, and a bunch of guys coming through, or on their first season up from lower leagues (having scored barrel loads) and showing potential. This year, there doesn't seem to have been much in the way of folk with recognised scoring records (at whatever level) moving to first div teams. Beyond Baird's move from Rovers to qoS, we've lost the likes of mcDonald, Hemmings, Stewart, McNulty.... generally the guys you know can do a job at this level.

Archived