Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoyed the Off the Ball show - never knew about the Germany trip.

Lawrence Shankland has already done you guys a favour by getting himself injured for the playoff games! He was a cracking player from what I saw. Reminded me of guys like Roddy Grant or Ross Jack - good poacher, good at one on ones and built pretty solidly too. We'd happily have him back but too good for our league.

Enjoyed the Off the Ball show - never knew about the Germany trip.

Lawrence Shankland has already done you guys a favour by getting himself injured for the playoff games! He was a cracking player from what I saw. Reminded me of guys like Roddy Grant or Ross Jack - good poacher, good at one on ones and built pretty solidly too. We'd happily have him back but too good for our league.

Interesting. I haven't heard any more about this potential loan, but he sounds more than useful.

Now, just in case you have time on your hands and haven't heard enough Ferguson blethers already, here's an interview I did on Sunday morning BBC with Richard Holloway about football, mining, Cowdenbeath, faith and why I moved from journalism to ministry. It takes up the first 40 minutes of the whole programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b049fctk

Now, just in case you have time on your hands and haven't heard enough Ferguson blethers already, here's an interview I did on Sunday morning BBC with Richard Holloway about football, mining, Cowdenbeath, faith and why I moved from journalism to ministry. It takes up the first 40 minutes of the whole programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b049fctk

Listened to this yesterday, enjoyed it.You have crammed in an awful lot in your life so far. How did you ever get time to go to the fitba?

Listened to this yesterday, enjoyed it.You have crammed in an awful lot in your life so far. How did you ever get time to go to the fitba?

Fitba was a priority from the time I was in the pram, AC. In the genes. I had a season ticket from the time I was three months old. The discount was phenomenal :) Then I was told that if I became a minister I would get a free season ticket for life. The rest is history. Cowden Till I Die tried to get the same deal, but he failed the entrance exam :lol:

It's hard to believe it's been 21 years. I still read it regularly as it is my link to where I came from and helps keep me centered. Congratulations and thank you for writing it. Now lets see the Blue Brazil do well this season and stay up.

Thanks, Duncan. How do you think we'll do against Hibs, Hearts and Rangers? Do you remember any famous victories when you were a ballboy at CP, Duncan?

I thought that's what the Pars lad was implying. Cheers.

I just saw his name mentioned on here late last week. I think he fancies his first team chances at Aberdeen but having missed a big chunk of the end of the season (having been sent to us to get games) then a loan until Christmas in the Championship is maybe be a good fit all round.

Given Cowden's recent track record of improving young strikers it's hard to think of a better place to send someone like him.

Fitba was a priority from the time I was in the pram, AC. In the genes. I had a season ticket from the time I was three months old. The discount was phenomenal :) Then I was told that if I became a minister I would get a free season ticket for life. The rest is history. Cowden Till I Die tried to get the same deal, but he failed the entrance exam :lol:

Haha I did not know of this deal. Is it too late for a career change... I may one day follow in your footsteps and pull on the blue shirt as well :)

Do you get other perks as well? If discount at Deep Sea World is one I'm in.

Back to football. Thomson looks a very good keeper from what I've seen, will certainly push Flynn all the way but Tam has to start the season as number 1 for me.

I'm slightly worried about the striking position and goals in general. Just can't see anyone who will get to double figures.

Do you get other perks as well? If discount at Deep Sea World is one I'm in.

Back to football. Thomson looks a very good keeper from what I've seen, will certainly push Flynn all the way but Tam has to start the season as number 1 for me.

I'm slightly worried about the striking position and goals in general. Just can't see anyone who will get to double figures.

If Dundee sign any more players , maybe we could get Greg on a loan deal?

If Dundee sign any more players , maybe we could get Greg on a loan deal?

Can't see Greg getting a look in at Dundee. It's a shame, he should be playing every week at his age and ability. I just think his lack of pace will find him out at that level. I hope I'm wrong.

Archived