Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Astounded by this appointment if I'm honest. He showed absolutely nothing over the year and a half he was with us to suggest he was a leader or anything like manager material. Both in his role as a player and development squad manager.

As has been repeatedly mentioned his record with our development squad was utterly woeful. "Results don't matter at youth level though!1!!' Well they kinda do. It's not the be all and end all but you certainly don't want them getting pumped rotten week in week out. A winners mentality isn't a bad thing to teach a youngster. We also had hee haw breaking through into our first team.

From the outside looking in it looks like a shocker and also looks like the cheap option/taking advantage of already having him under contract. I'll be happy to eat my words should he succeed but I have my doubts.

I've had a few debates with bbpf on the nish subject, especially with regards to the playing side, and I feel we missed his presence and expertise up front, but I'll agree to a certain extent with regards the development squad, results are reasonably important for the youngsters mentality, but to say we've had no one coming through is nonsense, mccallum and hopkins have both been promoted to the first team, who Murray rarely used, and he also released promising players in mckerracher and probably a couple more names that escape me, I wish nishy luck but never against us.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Turtle has rapidly changed his position on Lewis - within an hour he has completely turned turtle!

Cowden always budget for bottom spot prize money - many teams do that

Why would the club let a player other clubs wanted and who had a year left on his deal go for absolutely nothing when such clubs would obviously be competing to sign him?

Were these clubs given permission by CFC to speak to their signed player - note this lies outwith the precontract negotiation rules?

A basic wage for a player can be increased if a sponsor is willing to lodge funds to enhance the budget or additional funds are generated by some other means - pretty commonplace and often comes out of directors or other fans' pockets

Feel like I'm repeating myself here CC, but we need the "Roof Fall Fund" up and running ASAP, so we give the club the best chance of competing for players other clubs might be interested in. Must say great work by the club in the signing of Spence.

Turtle has rapidly changed his position on Lewis - within an hour he has completely turned turtle!

Cowden always budget for bottom spot prize money - many teams do that

Why would the club let a player other clubs wanted and who had a year left on his deal go for absolutely nothing when such clubs would obviously be competing to sign him?

Were these clubs given permission by CFC to speak to their signed player - note this lies outwith the precontract negotiation rules?

A basic wage for a player can be increased if a sponsor is willing to lodge funds to enhance the budget or additional funds are generated by some other means - pretty commonplace and often comes out of directors or other fans' pockets

Thanks for that. I think that means I don't have blinkers on.

What the hell am I reading here.

Great news if Chopper signs up though. No great news about Callaghan, waste of a wage.

I think Callaghan is a very good technical footballer but it's make or break for him if he re signs. Both he and CJ are not kids any more and need to step up and fulfill their potential.

I think Callaghan is a very good technical footballer but it's make or break for him if he re signs. Both he and CJ are not kids any more and need to step up and fulfill their potential.

Correct. Callaghan needs a chance in centre mid though. Not a wide left player for me.

Feel like I'm repeating myself here CC, but we need the "Roof Fall Fund" up and running ASAP, so we give the club the best chance of competing for players other clubs might be interested in. Must say great work by the club in the signing of Spence.

Agree totally. From my understanding of the fans meetings, there really isn't much of a player budget and not enough to pay Spence.. I think the board have gambled on bringing in Spence, either by results bringing in extra funds or thru the efforts of fans.

So we need to get moving and get some funds in. At last meeting, we had only sold 10% of last years season tickets. Pars have sold 50%. Come on folks, renew those tickets as a start.!

I think he's vastly overrated. I've watched him at the old 19s level and he didn't stand out for me. He may be good with the ball at his feet and plenty of time but most players should be.

He's no where near the level we require to play in the middle of the park but I agree he's not a wide player. He's what, 21? And had played about once for us. Mental.

I know it's only friendlies but I'm sure he played last summer against hearts first 11 pre season in the centre and was our best player. Also did well against sheff Utd. Did he get a chance in the season past?

Anyway it's time for him and Johnstone to make a mark.

All comes down to the budget muzza mate thts why CJ an Callaghan have been signed up doubt thy will be starters prob bench but with us all down to the readys if we had stayed up a think thy wouldn't have been signed up for sure..

Absolutely mate, willing to give these boys 100% backing and I hope more than no one they succeed I just don't think they will sadly.

Milne is the one for me. A boy with exceptional talent but needs to show it this season.

Absolutely mate, willing to give these boys 100% backing and I hope more than no one they succeed I just don't think they will sadly.

Milne is the one for me. A boy with exceptional talent but needs to show it this season.

I think Lewis will be excellent in League 1. He did not shine last season but to be fair to him nobody did. Playing in a team with more confidence I think he can do well.

Honestly if Milne stays with us a think he could be a massive player he will get tht little bit extra time on the ball in league one an his passing ability could Tare teams part could easily be player of the year in league one if he shows his talent also think Hughes could be a player for us next season also..

Really pleased with the Spence signing.

Spence and his best pal Milne may light up League One with Nish upfront also.

A positive way to start in the transfer market.

I hope this positive signing will help spur on more season ticket sales.

Archived