Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

There's no logic to offering Chris Kane a new deal. I would rather a player who can play one position semi decent than Kane who can play 2 positions terribly. There's far better players out there.

Nat has a deal lined up apparenlty. Not a huge loss IF (big if) we keep Armstrong and Brownlie. Nat would have been a high earner

Well there is logic he can play 2 positions be a squad player and wont cost much (could be wrong as dont know how much he earns) in a league thats not going to be as competitive he may be a better performer in that league! I for one hope he doesnt get a new deal but I would understand if he did.

If we keep armstrong and brownlie we will have the best defensive partnership in the league 1 I would reckon. Need to get Dean Brett back fit also.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there is logic he can play 2 positions be a squad player and wont cost much (could be wrong as dont know how much he earns) in a league thats not going to be as competitive he may be a better performer in that league! I for one hope he doesnt get a new deal but I would understand if he did.

If we keep armstrong and brownlie we will have the best defensive partnership in the league 1 I would reckon. Need to get Dean Brett back fit also.

If we were to keep Adamson, Brownlie, Chopper as well as Brett then that is a fantastic defence for League 1. 3/4 won the league last time we were down there and Brownlie is better than Mbu in my eyes.

It's a shame we've sod all any futher up the pitch currently!

Still think the lad Hughes can be a player for us this season also guessing he will be centre mid or maybe played in behind nish scored a few goals last season but once again never really got a chance under Nicholl.. As said above if we get chopper an brownlie back if with Brett an adamson will have one of the best defences in the league.. Really struggling to think of a decent keeper out there tht a would take at us tbh.. Anyone got thoughts??

Still think the lad Hughes can be a player for us this season also guessing he will be centre mid or maybe played in behind nish scored a few goals last season but once again never really got a chance under Nicholl.. As said above if we get chopper an brownlie back if with Brett an adamson will have one of the best defences in the league.. Really struggling to think of a decent keeper out there tht a would take at us tbh.. Anyone got thoughts??

Is Callum Antell still available?

Defo not Callum antell can mind the abso horror show whn we played thm gifted Greg Stewart a goal basically threw it in the goals can mind queen of the south fans thot he was a goal a game keeper surely better out there we could get think he was playing junior last season was he not??? Any chance we can sign dougie hill surely wanting to come home to his favourite team haha??

Defo not Callum antell can mind the abso horror show whn we played thm gifted Greg Stewart a goal basically threw it in the goals can mind queen of the south fans thot he was a goal a game keeper surely better out there we could get think he was playing junior last season was he not??? Any chance we can sign dougie hill surely wanting to come home to his favourite team haha??

Dougie getting married tomorrow and away on honeymoon for a couple of weeks come Monday making his decision when hes back. Hes got a few offers though!! and obvs cowden aint one of them as we have just appointed the manager.

Not sure if Dougie can play in goal. would still be a better option than Antell though.

Hope he invited you to the wedding Nelly get him steaming an get him to the cowden like would be a terrific signing hope he doesn't go to the pars. Somebody get nish on twitter an get him told about dougie haha. Aye CC would prefer dougie in goals to antell would just header everything out of goal haha

Hope he invited you to the wedding Nelly get him steaming an get him to the cowden like would be a terrific signing hope he doesn't go to the pars. Somebody get nish on twitter an get him told about dougie haha. Aye CC would prefer dougie in goals to antell would just header everything out of goal haha

aye im there. I think he will have a couple of things on his mind tomorrow to be fair...haha. think pat scullion is going as well so al maybe ask him to sign on for the cowden again........

in regards to goalies i think there are a few good goalies out there maybe just not been given much chances. I heard we would be back in for john gibson?

Kyle Miller can be the utility bench player (hes better and can play more positions). No need for Kane at all.

Antell is the laughing stock of Scottish football in the sticks. Last I heard he was struggling to get game at Nairn or some shit.

We have had young keepers for a few years so a loan signing may not be the worst shout there. It has served The Pars well.

Haha aye am sure dougie wil have more on his mind but a wee cheeky word wouldn't go a miss from you nelly haha pay scullion keep him away from the buffet at night is all am saying haha prob end up at Berwick or someplace like tht tbh. John Gibson ex Dundee had signed for Clyde have a few bob on thm already to win the league.. Would defo keep miller over Kane thts for sure.. Can see it being a loan for a keeper tbh can't think if any decent ones out there maybe the lad Gallagher was at rangers an hearts a believe prob way out our price range tho.

Gallagher was at rangers an hearts a believe prob way out our price range tho.

He wasa at us before and didnt overly impress but aye he will be out our wage bracket I would have thought.

Same as me muzza got thm at 8s myself should actually walk the league have looked at Ayr signings an not overly impressed by thm tbh like the lad trouten but thts it tbh.. An depends how much cash the townies spend tbh have Peterhead for darkhorses in our league..

Anyone's got tam Flynn on Facebook haha send him an SOS to come back up an play for us can be doing with him indeed.. Normally a few decent goalies kicking about but really none tht take my fancy tht a can think of??

Is Pat Scullion going to be with us this coming season?

according to the board, Pat asked to come and train with the club. a common practise with bigger clubs,can make training games better with more numbers etc. he was also there to supplement the under 20s and available for the bench if injuries dictated. he plays / trains for free (£1 a week we were told) and they see no reason why that couldnt continue next season.

Same as me muzza got thm at 8s myself should actually walk the league have looked at Ayr signings an not overly impressed by thm tbh like the lad trouten but thts it tbh.. An depends how much cash the townies spend tbh have Peterhead for darkhorses in our league..

been thinking for the last week clyde must be a good shout, signing several from higher leagues.

townies must surely get their act together this season with Allan Johnstone although league 1 is the tighest and the Rangers will surely win the championship.

Archived