Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Well nish should get onto Gallagher agent if rangers aren't gonna use him herd a good few have been released from thm not sure if he is on the list but guys like Walsh an hardie are stating before him surely if he like cowden whn he played for us maybe try an get him back would score goals for us an maybe get a move to a bigger club.. Also in the being back Buchanan if we can never got a real run in our team an defo would be a important player for us if we got him how do you give money to the roof fund btw??

The fund is still being set up. Sent you a PM with the e mail address you need to contact. John Gardner will keep you up to date with everything.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good news. Iain Campbell signed a one year deal with..............Forfar.

As long as Kenny Adamson signs on then this is good news! He would be a solid left back for League 1.

When does the team report for pre-season? 1-2 Of our key players who are out of contract are on holiday just now so Id imagine when they are back first thing Nish would/should be doing is talking to them to try get them signed up. Nish has a huge job on his hands and he has a re-building job on his hands more than probably any manager in a long time. I assume he will continue to play every week so a new assistant is vital (thats if makel is away?)

When does the team report for pre-season? 1-2 Of our key players who are out of contract are on holiday just now so Id imagine when they are back first thing Nish would/should be doing is talking to them to try get them signed up. Nish has a huge job on his hands and he has a re-building job on his hands more than probably any manager in a long time. I assume he will continue to play every week so a new assistant is vital (thats if makel is away?)

Certainly going to be one of the biggest rebuilds we've had in a little while. In Thomson, Wedderburn, O'Brien, Robertson and Higgins we've lost the 5 players who players who played the most minutes for us in the league last season and formed the spine of our team. Kudus was 6th and he is away as well so we're going to almost be playing with over half a new team week in week out from now on.

Says it all that Higgins was part of the spine of our team and played all but one game (I think). What a depressing season that was.

One thing is for sure, Nish cant have us playing any worse.

Says it all that Higgins was part of the spine of our team and played all but one game (I think). What a depressing season that was.

One thing is for sure, Nish cant have us playing any worse.

Agreed. Never rated Higgins but I wouldn't be surprised to see him do well at Clyde.

Will be interesting to hear an interview with Nish regarding what sort of system he wants to use etc. Has any papers had any chats with him?

Another thing, it's clear Nish doesnt like the ball kicked high and hard at his head (a tactic we resorted to time and time again after signing him). He isnt that kind of player. He will much prefer the ball out wide and crosses into the box for him to attack so you would think he would implement this into his style of play. There's no chance we will be a long ball team which is a positive for sure!

I'm looking forward to the change, it's been coming.

I hope our customary exotic foreign signing turns out to be a star!

some geniune pace in our side is required. pace over ability potentially - Marc Mckenzie for first 2 seasons was great as in away games he got us so far up the pitch with being an outlet. Pace up top will be required if nish is playing himself week in week out which to be honest I gather he will do.

I just pray we dont start signing players whom have had 8 clubs in lower leagues but will only cost us £100 a week. Get good players in for good value for money thats where nish will have his work cut out for him.

I would take a punt on the left sided lad Talbot or whittle ex livi and dunfermline respectively.

Theres a young lad called finn graham who is a tidy little centre mid who breaks up play. Was townies u20s captain not sure why he got released but I think he would do a job for us and is a local lad! wouldnt cost much...

Not fancy handling at cowden muzza no surely would score goals an is quick?? As said above talbot would be a shout but it he not a thug yellow card waiting to happen?? Lots of possibilities out there for us an a few loans signings if we could get back would improve our team dramatically glad to hear Campbell is away to Forfar hope Chris canny play football Kane is also away worst wage we spent a think..

Not fancy handling at cowden muzza no surely would score goals an is quick?? As said above talbot would be a shout but it he not a thug yellow card waiting to happen?? Lots of possibilities out there for us an a few loans signings if we could get back would improve our team dramatically glad to hear Campbell is away to Forfar hope Chris canny play football Kane is also away worst wage we spent a think..

Talbot is a bit of a dirty bass but kenny aint exactly powderpuff gets booked pretty much every game. Ive a feeling we may sign chris kane again due to the fact he can play 2 positions - its all about value and his wages I dont think he would be on a great deal if im honest. Not saying I agree with him signing but id understand the logic + the league below dont care what anyone says is a big drop in quality (even outwith the top 4 in championship the other teams are much better)

Did Nat leave?

There's no logic to offering Chris Kane a new deal. I would rather a player who can play one position semi decent than Kane who can play 2 positions terribly. There's far better players out there.

Nat has a deal lined up apparenlty. Not a huge loss IF (big if) we keep Armstrong and Brownlie. Nat would have been a high earner

There's no logic to offering Chris Kane a new deal. I would rather a player who can play one position semi decent than Kane who can play 2 positions terribly. There's far better players out there.

Agree with that, we all know what happened in the Livi game (not that it was his fault)

Archived