Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

To be fair, that would have been difficult when you were getting so comprehensively pumped.

Well done. You pipped a team who were atrocious for majority of the season by a massive what? 1 point or was it 2? Alloa must be quality.

Nobody in the Cowden support was even that bothered when we lost to go down. We should have been gutted but it was expected as we were so sh1te that we just accepted it like the team appeared to do aswell. Wouldn't have been much of a party if we stayed up either. I am just glad we didn't make the play offs. Genuinely couldn't be ar5ed with any more games.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's there to be disappointed about, comments from Dumbo fans?

Morinho wasn't available.

As folk have already pointed out Nish deserves to be given a chance so we will back him as our new manager

Just looking forward to moving on from last season's abysmal season and looking forward to seeing who Nish brings in etc

Hopefully there will be some good news via the new manager with players signing etc, etc. If we can get most of our squad from last year and one or two fresh faces there's no reason why we can't be challenging at the top end of the table.

Hopefully there will be some good news via the new manager with players signing etc, etc. If we can get most of our squad from last year and one or two fresh faces there's no reason why we can't be challenging at the top end of the table.

There's virtually no-one left from last years squad perhaps only 4 or 5. Massive rebuilding opportunity for Colin Nish.

Well done. You pipped a team who were atrocious for majority of the season by a massive what? 1 point or was it 2? Alloa must be quality.

Nobody in the Cowden support was even that bothered when we lost to go down. We should have been gutted but it was expected as we were so sh1te that we just accepted it like the team appeared to do aswell. Wouldn't have been much of a party if we stayed up either. I am just glad we didn't make the play offs. Genuinely couldn't be ar5ed with any more games.

:lol::lol::lol:

Hopefully everyone will get behind the new manager. Most fans wanted a player/manager and that's what the board have given us.

As mentioned by others I wouldn't look too much into his under 20 role at Dumbarton for me under 20 and youth sides should be about how much players progress into the 1st team squad not winning every week.

If we can get most of our squad from last year and one or two fresh faces there's no reason why we can't be challenging at the top end of the table.

Aside from Chopper and Brownlie, the players worth keeping are either already away or already signed up. The rest can go.

Aside from Chopper and Brownlie, the players worth keeping are either already away or already signed up. The rest can go.

Pfft you're clearly forgetting about the classy Sammy Stewart.

Pfft you're clearly forgetting about the classy Sammy Stewart.

Ah, yes, Sammy Stewart, the legend. I'm trying to picture him, but no image comes to mind...

I must admit I was less than totally enamoured with the appointment, but Colin Nish might well do the business for us. We have a decent track record with rookie managers. This season sill be crucial for his ambitions to be a

manager, and he will be highly motivated. It's good that he's done his badges. I was encouraged by Robbie Thomson's comments about him on Twitter: "Hope big nishy does well at @CowdenbeathFC talked to him a lot about football and liked what he had to say #allthebest

Hopefully Nish doesn't f**k off on holiday for 6 weeks like some managers...

Quite a trend of this window is early signings. More than I can ever remember teams are snapping players up before pre season even starts. Let's hope big Nisher has a few targets lined up.

A good preseason as well. I know we have a game against Hearts (zzzz) and a decent away trip would be nice.

Not my first choice as manager but deserves our backing, would Makel stay as assistant or will he seek pastures new? His first task is to raise morale of those players left, and add some experience to blend with any youth promoted or sourced, then hopefully he can consolidate the team and we can see where we are come the new year.

On the playing front it wouldn't surprise me if Colin takes a punt teaming up and taking a chance on his former striker partner Riordan?

No a bad shout if we can get him cheap enough. A good pre season under his belt, he'd do a job in league 1 IMO

On the subject of Riordan, (who I think we should stay well clear of) I actually can't believe how much his career has deteriorated. An excellent talent - arguably on a par with the likes of Griffiths, but has completely wasted it. Every young player should be getting told about Riordan and how easy it is to screw it up if the correct attitude isn't there.

An utter waste of talent.

No doubt whn he was younger riordan was a terrific talent but as said above defo wasted it all over his attitude.. But for me cowden shouldn't touch him only scored about 2 with easy fife in a utterly honking league so we shouldn't go near him should try for loans like lads wighton an Kerr at Dundee or the lad Dundee utd have signed in Murray from Arbroath young an hungry players.. Would also get onto Gallagher agent an see wht he is seriously doing with his career was nowhere near the rangers team maybe get him in for a cheeky wage if he wants to kick start his career?? Also Herron we should try an get back doubt the money will be there but all players we should be looking at tbh..

Archived