Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

If it is DD, I think it's the kind of appointment we need after Jimmy. He's a real pro, still playing - well, sort of - at 40, highly regarded in the game. He should know about decent players we can actually afford. The comments from Forfar re young players are very encouraging. I reckon he'll be a good motivator who'll gain the respect of his players, and I can't imagine he'll put up with gutless performances. Hope it's true.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it is DD, I think it's the kind of appointment we need after Jimmy. He's a real pro, still playing - well, sort of - at 40, highly regarded in the game. He should know about decent players we can actually afford. The comments from Forfar re young players are very encouraging. I reckon he'll be a good motivator who'll gain the respect of his players, and I can't imagine he'll put up with gutless performances. Hope it's true.

He had a really good season just past for us. Age is catching up with him but he was a real organiser in our defence and could be argued was one of our best players in the team that nearly made it to the championship. If it is him then wish him well, he's been a model pro in the two season at us.

If it is Dodd's good luck to the guy. Most folk on here, myself included said we should look for a player/manager, so we could very well have what we asked for.

As for him still playing I only seen him against Championship sides last season (Cowden and Alloa) but it has to be remembered that we are in the league below next season where fans of several clubs said he still did a job in that division for Forfar last season.

Who knows if he would play every week anyway he would maybe rather be on the touchline rather than on the park. Got to be remembered that Mickey was the same age when he became player/manager.

On the radio it is saying Dods is the favourite, so not 100% confirmed.

Knowing a wee bit about how the media works it looks like some press agency has put the story out about him being favourite (I seen it in the Sun and I believe it was also in the Courier), the radio has then obviously also used the story.

Knowing a wee bit about how the media works it looks like some press agency has put the story out about him being favourite (I seen it in the Sun and I believe it was also in the Courier), the radio has then obviously also used the story.

The media quoted Gus Mcpherson as favourite for Dunfermline job so it does not nessarily mean it's going to be Darren but looks like he is one of the four candidates probably

Gary Teale is a good shout and maybe the club have been waiting on his official resignation who knows

Whoever gets the job will have my full backing to push us back to the championship

We were told the end of May, then we were told it work definitely be Monday, now we are all still hanging about.

Are we going to make an official announcement? The lack of communication isn't good.

I'd expect Dods would have good contacts in the game.and he would know exactly the type of player needed in the third tier.

He does though sound incredibly dense whenever he talks, with respect to Cowdenbeath whatever appointment they were going to make was going to be risky, it will certainly be interesting watching it unfold.

Due to Dods total lack of experience in a management position it's impossible to say how he'll do, however it's pretty obvious if you appointed Teale it would be a bad appointment, don't do that.

We were told the end of May, then we were told it work definitely be Monday, now we are all still hanging about.

Are we going to make an official announcement? The lack of communication isn't good.

Still Monday just now so hopefully we will hear something tonight.

Maybe there is a technicality with tieing up a deal with the manager

Still Monday just now so hopefully we will hear something tonight.

Maybe there is a technicality with tieing up a deal with the manager

Again more speculation.

We were told someone would be appointed today, a statement would be respectful. Even if it is saying the appointment has hit a snag or something.

Keep the fans in the loop. It's a two way street.

Again more speculation.

We were told someone would be appointed today, a statement would be respectful. Even if it is saying the appointment has hit a snag or something.

Keep the fans in the loop. It's a two way street.

exactly

Archived