Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Bud a watched him in the games against Alloa an ave saw milk turn quicker in thos games can mind alloas second goal him an Douglas going for the ball was like King Kong fighting Godzilla slow as a week in the jail.. Like ave said al give me backing to him as a manger 100% but as a player he should realise his best days are pasted him brownlie a chopper are the way forward for us at the back?? Look at Forfar now Dods an Malcolm have left all young blood in there team at the back now...

I agree in that one match he didn't play as well as he could. I'm not saying he should be starting (I said earlier he'll be back up IF Armstrong and Brownlie stay) but I don't have any issue with him still playing. Clearly can read a game well and has excellent positioning.

It's about time we had some experience on the pitch. Last year there wasn't a single player trying to fire up their team mates on the pitch. Will be nice to have somebody to lead on and off the pitch.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not the exciting appointment a lot of people were wanting if true. Not about excitement though. Just want someone in with managerial ability and a fresh outlook. Time will tell if he's up to it. All depends on the players he can bring in with the budget the club gives him.

Yeah but tht was a step up in class he was playing against in Alloa an got found out cowden need a good cup run this year to make ourselves abit of cash an Dods against even championship strikers will get roasted.. Any body with abit pace would give him nightmares.. If he is going to play a hope his assistant is experience in management to help him at the side.. Just have to wait an see as a manager yes al back him as a player not for me just my opinion..

Well Harley lad you could have had Jenkins cleland, jack Ross , even grant Murray who a thot did excellent at rovers for a few season to name a few mate like.. Fair enough none of thm can play but if Dods plays it would be like having a man down tbh.. Can't see anything confirmed as yet just have to wait an see..

What makes them better candidates though?

Dods knows EXACTLY what is required to win this division and compete. Some good coaches will have absolutely no grasp of the Scottish third tier whereas Dods will.

Dont have an issue with him playing either.

It's a good appointment, obviously time will tell like any appointment, but I cant think of anyone - within budget - that is a better option.

Well done for the appointment and lets get behind him.

Darren Dods hates the Pars.

Well obv Murray has had championship experience with rovers won thm a cup an took thm on a few cups runs money for the clubs managed to beat rangers an hibs so there is tht a a wouldn't think he was a dear option.. Jack Ross has had time at Dumbarton turned thm round as coach whn he was appoint caretaker now at hearts a believe good coach an cleland has work with st Johnstone youths so knows the youth system well which we will need for sure this year for players.. A think Dods will have to get someone with experience in muzza if he is to play which a think he should not tbh.. If he plays he will need a quick CB beside him to bail him out.. Al back him as a manager but still think there were better options out there..

How do you know there were better options? Do you know who applied?

I'm sure the board are capable of deciding the best choice after reading the applications, which I take it you haven't read. Who would have known how successful so quickly Alex Neil would be with Hamilton and Norwich? Certainly not folk on pie an bovril.

Well Harley lad you could have had Jenkins cleland, jack Ross , even grant Murray who a thot did excellent at rovers for a few season to name a few mate like.. Fair enough none of thm can play but if Dods plays it would be like having a man down tbh.. Can't see anything confirmed as yet just have to wait an see..

Clelland will be looking to stay in the st johnstone system im sure for the future, not sure about jack ross, wouldnt want grant murray rovers fans didnt like him at all, jenkins was my favoured option but happy with dodds.

Well obv Murray has had championship experience with rovers won thm a cup an took thm on a few cups runs money for the clubs managed to beat rangers an hibs so there is tht a a wouldn't think he was a dear option.. Jack Ross has had time at Dumbarton turned thm round as coach whn he was appoint caretaker now at hearts a believe good coach an cleland has work with st Johnstone youths so knows the youth system well which we will need for sure this year for players.. A think Dods will have to get someone with experience in muzza if he is to play which a think he should not tbh.. If he plays he will need a quick CB beside him to bail him out.. Al back him as a manager but still think there were better options out there..

The people you listed there could well be described as better options. Are they realistic options though? Cleland and Ross would have had to take a big wage drop to come to us.

Murray did win a cup yes but faired rather poorly in the league. Murrays name was mentioned a few times and never once did I think "oooh he'd be a good appointment".

When Raith won the Challenge Cup they beat Stirling (last minute winner), Dunfermline, Falkirk and Annan to reach the final. The Pars had just been relegated and outwith Falkirk they would have been expected to win the tie anyway. They got rather lucky with the draw missing all but one Championship side. Yes they still had to win them but it's hardly as if it was horrendous ties - every game was at Starks except the derby against a poor Pars side.

Jack Ross has had time at Dumbarton turned thm round as coach whn he was appoint caretaker

He managed to get us our first win that season but saying Ross turned us round when he was caretaker is stretching things a bit. His first game in charge against Airdrie we were 3-2 up in the last minute and we lost 4-3. We beat you and then went down to two further humpings of 5-1 & 4-0 to Morton and Dunfermline respectively. Ian Murray was then appointed and we won 5 of our next 6 (Falkirk, Morton, Thistle, Airdrie & Hamilton). Jack is a good coach, I'm not convinced he's a good manager. And as others have said, he has good job at Hearts and probably wasn't interested.

I think Dods is a better appointment than a lot are giving credit for here.

What's going on here? The guy hasn't been in the job for five minutes and we've got some "fans" saying we could have done better.

Doesn't matter a toss who applied or who didn't apply. Dods has been appointed so let's all get behind the guy.

There will be plenty time for greeting if he doesn't do well.

Just think what we've gone through this season. We also had the worst defender in the league getting a game.

Thy would be better options in thy have leagues experience in coaching Dods doesn't have tht at all al he is a rookie.. Never once said the board weren't capable big al ave said al back Dods as a manger just dont think he should play thts all.. Tbf Alex Neil walked into a team full of talent in Norwich fair enough the players still had to perform to get promotion . Fair enough Harley but to me Murray gave thm a cup run a cup win an in general wht do the rovers fans want stayed comfortably in the championship thy were never gonna get play off thot he did a cracking job tbh.. Still beat rangers in the final minrtaur an he got rovers to beat rangers in the Scottish cup an beat hibs in the league aswell.. An brought on lads like Vaughan an Callaghan at rovers aswell in the first team.. Everyone's opinions ain't gonna be the same good to debate lads.. Has it even been confirmed yet btw??

Thy would be better options in thy have leagues experience in coaching Dods doesn't have tht at all al he is a rookie.. Never once said the board weren't capable big al ave said al back Dods as a manger just dont think he should play thts all.. Tbf Alex Neil walked into a team full of talent in Norwich fair enough the players still had to perform to get promotion . Fair enough Harley but to me Murray gave thm a cup run a cup win an in general wht do the rovers fans want stayed comfortably in the championship thy were never gonna get play off thot he did a cracking job tbh.. Still beat rangers in the final minrtaur an he got rovers to beat rangers in the Scottish cup an beat hibs in the league aswell.. An brought on lads like Vaughan an Callaghan at rovers aswell in the first team.. Everyone's opinions ain't gonna be the same good to debate lads.. Has it even been confirmed yet btw??

Gie it a rest with the Grant Murray patter, we get it, you think he'd have been a great appointment. Move on!

I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. CC is away on holiday so haven't heard from him to check! Nothing wrong with a bit of debate.

Murray did beat Rangers a couple of times but that doesn't make him a good manager in my eyes. Is Barraclough at Motherwell good because they beat Rangers?

But aye as said above lets forget it and move on. In Darren Dods we trust.

Away back to your thread you wee cretin who's asking you anyway away an w***over your new manger it's forum mate al say wht a want!!!

:lol:

maata.jpg

E.T.A Wee? I'm no' wee! A cretin maybe but no' a wee cretin!

If it is to be Darren Dods he will get my backing 100% minertaur can't see anything confirmed yet also. Just have to wait an see prob will be later today.. Tbf barraclough has alot better players at his disposal thn wht Murray did at rovers.. But a get your point just have to wait an see a suppose be interesting to see who his assistant will

Be an players he brings in..

Not upset mate you came onto the cowden forum

to read my post an comment if you don't like wht you have read thn don't reply simple.

"Sonsteam of 08, he posts where he wants"

Imagine it was Murray and not Dods after all this :lol:

Archived