Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

On the communications front I agree that it was some what lacking this season and we must look to improve that for the season that lies ahead.Dave you usually do a grand job of keeping us informed on here etc but I know your reasons why this method was withdrawn later in the season as you have mentioned earlier.

I think to assist the board who are probably already snowed under it might make sense to draft in a few new volunteer roles for next season whether that's on match day,meetings,communications,fan engagement etc.

Also as a member of the 100 club is there also any membership places left on the official Cowdenbeath Fc supporters club?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take the John Lints issue re communication - there was a good reason why nothing was put out as we were trying to persuade John to change his mind so it was entirely appropriate we put nothing out. We will prepare a release tomorrow now and here I am sitting trying to watch the football but instead 'communicating on demand'.Anyway, John has decided to step down and we all deeply regret that on the Board as John is a highly regarded and respected colleague who has worked with us for so many years and made such a valuable contribution. Saturday's events were a factor but frustration re the relationship with the owners and the difficulties this brings were a key factor I think in John's decision. He will be much missed and he, I know, feels it has been a privilege to serve CFC and work alongside the Board and fans for so many years.

I think it's been a privilege for us all to have John on board. He'll be leaving with all our thanks and best wishes for the future.

Hope he still comes to some of our games.

One last thing is I am sure many of you will agree that a couple of Hibs and Hearts fan's that I know commented how brilliant our programme is.

As we are recognised for our programmes is this something we could perhaps sell online etc for those who just want to read the articles?

On the communications front I agree that it was some what lacking this season and we must look to improve that for the season that lies ahead.Dave you usually do a grand job of keeping us informed on here etc but I know your reasons why this method was withdrawn later in the season as you have mentioned earlier.

I think to assist the board who are probably already snowed under it might make sense to draft in a few new volunteer roles for next season whether that's on match day,meetings,communications,fan engagement etc.

Also as a member of the 100 club is there also any membership places left on the official Cowdenbeath Fc supporters club?

The Supporters Club reps/members will be there on Thursday and we can discuss this then

One last thing is I am sure many of you will agree that a couple of Hibs and Hearts fan's that I know commented how brilliant our programme is.

As we are recognised for our programmes is this something we could perhaps sell online etc for those who just want to read the articles?

I would imagine the costs would far outweigh any profits.

Who really wants to buy a programme of Cowden v Stenny online? Hearts and Hibs fans certainly won't, they are only interested in games involving their teams.

Considering the vast sums of free information available on the net no one would stump up £2.50 to buy it on line.

I can't remember the last time I bought an away programme and I imagine many fans are the same. Our programme is spectacular but it's not a money maker sadly.

I would imagine the costs would far outweigh any profits.

Who really wants to buy a programme of Cowden v Stenny online? Hearts and Hibs fans certainly won't, they are only interested in games involving their teams.

Considering the vast sums of free information available on the net no one would stump up £2.50 to buy it on line.

I can't remember the last time I bought an away programme and I imagine many fans are the same. Our programme is spectacular but it's not a money maker sadly.

Yes fair enough.

Unfortunately wont make Thursday now due to work. Just hope even with a crap turnout the board dont think people dont care thats evidentally not the case.

A full briefing would be good on the website or even P&B after Thursday.

^^^ not a clue how this place works

I know exactly how it works. I post something to wind up the cowden fans, they fall for it and abuse me back making a fool of themselves and showing themselves up to be a seething mob of eejits.

I know exactly how it works. I post something to wind up the cowden fans, they fall for it and abuse me back making a fool of themselves and showing themselves up to be a seething mob of eejits.

oh dear. if you think my response was seething you really are the only eejit round here.

Scott Linton and Archie Campbell both released by Dumbarton. Two players that would be fantastic in league 1. Unlikely either will pick up a club higher but more likely to look closer to home.

Both Linton and Campbell are away to Clyde.

U20s take on Berwick Rangers at Central Park on Thursday @ 8.00 If they can score a few it should confirm 2nd place in the league. A wee added incentive to get supporters along to the meeting maybe?

Archived