Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally with you regarding the communication Ron. We don't hear enough from the club. Even something like Armstrong's injury, we hear nothing and vicious rumours start to spread - they could be sorted with a simple and short release of information. Then we have the lack of statement after the 10-0 game and the issues you highlight.

There must be someone at the club that can upload a statement once every, what two months?

There's a perfect mailing list already in place. The 100 club. If people want information they can sign up. Blackmail them of sorts.

Fans love a statement to rally behind and help them get over negative issues.

If I can make one suggestion for next season can it be that we bring back our parent and child gate? Say we charge £12 and £6 and allow up to 2 children (under 16) in with a paying adult for £1 each.

I'd like to see this return. I know we need to maximise income but how many paying under 16s do we get week by week? Let's try and increase that. I appreciate how hard pricing will be next season. I would assume we will only need to segregate one game a season.

The point is the existing people are absolutely snowed under with tasks, works and responsibilities but 'hey why don't they do xyz as well' isn't a solution. I am fine with Skype, e-mail group, more communication, etc - one step forward the volunteers on Thursday.

If I can make one suggestion for next season can it be that we bring back our parent and child gate? Say we charge £12 and £6 and allow up to 2 children (under 16) in with a paying adult for £1 each.

I'd like to see this return. I know we need to maximise income but how many paying under 16s do we get week by week? Let's try and increase that. I appreciate how hard pricing will be next season. I would assume we will only need to segregate one game a season.

Yes another possible good suggestion for fans to consider

Jimmy has ruined us. Simple as that. Time to try and repair the damage now. The sooner we get someone in, the sooner we can get sorted for next season.

Jimmy has ruined us. Simple as that. Time to try and repair the damage now. The sooner we get someone in, the sooner we can get sorted for next season.

Ruined is a bit strong. It's a set-back. Might take a while to get back but nothings ruined.

Take the John Lints issue re communication - there was a good reason why nothing was put out as we were trying to persuade John to change his mind so it was entirely appropriate we put nothing out. We will prepare a release tomorrow now and here I am sitting trying to watch the football but instead 'communicating on demand'.

Anyway, John has decided to step down and we all deeply regret that on the Board as John is a highly regarded and respected colleague who has worked with us for so many years and made such a valuable contribution. Saturday's events were a factor but frustration re the relationship with the owners and the difficulties this brings were a key factor I think in John's decision. He will be much missed and he, I know, feels it has been a privilege to serve CFC and work alongside the Board and fans for so many years.

Take the John Lints issue re communication - there was a good reason why nothing was put out as we were trying to persuade John to change his mind so it was entirely appropriate we put nothing out. We will prepare a release tomorrow now and here I am sitting trying to watch the football but instead 'communicating on demand'.

Anyway, John has decided to step down and we all deeply regret that on the Board as John is a highly regarded and respected colleague who has worked with us for so many years and made such a valuable contribution. Saturday's events were a factor but frustration re the relationship with the owners and the difficulties this brings were a key factor I think in John's decision. He will be much missed and he, I know, feels it has been a privilege to serve CFC and work alongside the Board and fans for so many years.

John, was a great addition to the board and a hands on guy, so will be sorely missed and I wish him all the best. It's bad news for the club given that we're looking for stability and unity. Have to respect John's decision, but it's another body blow for Cowdenbeath FC to go along with relegation.

Extremely dissapointing that John has stepped down as he was a real asset to the club.

If one of the factors were the frustration of the owners that made John step down then I actually am starting to condone an idea of a Cowdenbeath Football Club Peaceful Demonstration against the owners as I think enough is enough as it's becoming clear the owners could drag our club down.

A good bit of publicity demonstrating our difficulties with the owners might not go a miss or it could be a reckless mistake that could backfire.

Sorry to see John go and very regretful that he could not be persuaded to stay.

Fingers crossed Donald remains at the helm of our club.

Does anyone know if Neils Subsea will continue to sponsor the club despite dropping to League One?

Shame the Brewsters can't come along on Thursday to explain their intentions!

Archived