Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll find out how good the teams in league 1 are when Alloa start their games.

They could well be joining us.

It will be interesting to be able to watch how the play offs pan out without being involved in them for a change. I felt that Alloa looked very solid on Saturday and I think that they could do well with Lennon in charge.

From a selfish point of view I would actually prefer it if they did come down now as Alloa is within easy distance for me to travel. Hope Stenny stay up as well. Prefer Ochilview to a freezing day in Methil.

We'll find out how good the teams in league 1 are when Alloa start their games.

They could well be joining us.

My point was that I could understand the money being spent if we had kept someone like Hemmings for instance, but we didn't. We did not make any over the top signings. We had a poor low cost squad.

Pele you say 'If we were totally out of our depth, then it wouldn't have been so bad, but we could so easily have stayed up'. But you also suggest we didn't compete - that is then completely at odds with what you said above. You also originally referred to competing in the context of monies generated over our time in the second tier - well if the most successful spell the club has had in most people's lifetimes wasn't competing then I am afraid I completely disagree.

Then you say 'We had a poor low cost squad' so you must in some way have analysed the cost/wage structure to conclude that we had a low cost squad - I am not sure I would accept your view that it was low cost.

It most certainly was not low cost. It was overpaying players who are not good enough to take us to that next level (which was Donald and the boards ambition) That level being a club who doesnt battle relegation in championship every season.

The squad signings overall were terrible. Our existing players seem to have gone backwards or not progressed and im talking about fans favourites as well.

Re-build next season. Not completely but an overhaul will be needed purely down to budgeting issues.

Surely Nicholl won't be at this meeting?

Id think not. Hope marshall is there though...

First question on agenda should be is Jimmys contract being renewed yes or no. Im certain it will be no.

Better scrub that question about Darren Brownlie then! Can't look back now, only forward, so let's try and ditch the negativity built up during a season that was meant to be one of the best for supporting Cowden!

Was your question...

Who exactly did Darren shag to annoy Jimmy so much?

If the meeting it so be about he future of the club and moving forward Nicholl should not be there unless the club are behind him for next season.

Otherwise he will be a distraction at the meeting and will take away from important conversation.

The meeting is the right move. To have any chance the fans have to be onside and therefore have to be informed.

I hope the meeting gets the turnout it deserves although it probably won't.

Also sadly no idea how the meeting can solve the main issues though unless someone has dramatic news. Short term- budget decimated. Long term- stadium/Brewsters slowly killing the club.

Pele you say 'If we were totally out of our depth, then it wouldn't have been so bad, but we could so easily have stayed up'. But you also suggest we didn't compete - that is then completely at odds with what you said above. You also originally referred to competing in the context of monies generated over our time in the second tier - well if the most successful spell the club has had in most people's lifetimes wasn't competing then I am afraid I completely disagree.

Then you say 'We had a poor low cost squad' so you must in some way have analysed the cost/wage structure to conclude that we had a low cost squad - I am not sure I would accept your view that it was low cost.

If we were totally out of our depth (i.e. heading for relegation long before the season ended), then I would still be gutted, but accept that we are a small team punching above our weight and the inevitable eventually happens.

However, I don't think we did compete (neither did Alloa). Only Livi's points deduction and transfer ban helped keep our hopes alive until near the end. Otherwise Livi would have faired better and not gone on the poor run which kept them at the bottom for a while.

Re staying up, thanks to the points deduction for Livi and Alloa's poor form (although they ran a lot of teams close), we could have stayed up without much more effort. I am sure a manager change before the final few months would have been all that was required to stay up. I doubt there will be another season where such a low points total will keep a team up and where we get such an opportunity again.

Re the money side of things, I was referring purely to this season. This would have generated the most revenue out of the seasons in the Championship. Obviously I don't know what the squad earns, but I would be saddened to think that what I (and probably many others) would consider as being our worst squad whilst in the Championship was potentially earning more than any before. If we had made a few big gamble signings and it did not pay off, then fair enough. However, we didn't.

Yes it was the most successful spell the club has had in the lifetime of most fans and you have played a big part in that and I thank you, as I am sure many others would too.

Three question's I need answered are.

Did Jimmy intact offer to resign?

If so, were there terms to this resignation offer?

Why did the board refuse his resignation?

(Obviously question three may be answered by two.)

This meeting is to discuss the future of the club. It's time to put all this Nicholl stuff behind us (other than asking if he will still be there next season - can understand that) as there are far more important matters to discuss. This meeting is not to discuss the past - it's to discuss a clouded future. These meetings tend to be poorly attended but it's clear this is a critical meeting and if any Cowden fan can make it then they should go.

We will answer questions at the start of the meeting and then move on to the future. As regards turnout - well the level of turnout will send a strong message to the Board re how committed they should remain and what backing the club can rely on.

We will answer questions at the start of the meeting and then move on to the future. As regards turnout - well the level of turnout will send a strong message to the Board and how committed they should remain and what backing the club can rely on.

CC many of the Cowden support aren't local and would find it difficult to get to this. Doesn't mean they aren't backing the club. I'd still be buying my season ticket etc. if we were in league2. I don't just go to games because I have nothing better to do on a Saturday.

CC many of the Cowden support aren't local and would find it difficult to get to this. Doesn't mean they aren't backing the club. I'd still be buying my season ticket etc. if we were in league2. I don't just go to games because I have nothing better to do on a Saturday.

Understood and many fans I know maybe cant make it - it is important that we get a good turn out not just one man and his dog though.

Archived