Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A public meeting with the CFC Board has been arranged for Central Park at 7pm this Thursday and we would like to see as many fans as possible take the trouble to attend. The meeting will allow us to answer questions from the fans and consider the way ahead for the Club now we are back in League One.

Fans to blame right enough, we were all in favour for JN to abandon our saving 3_5_2 formation from last season to changing our shape weekly..We all chose for Darren to be dropped as it was all his fault. Yes we were in this together, but it wasn't the fans fault, as we knew Jimmy was relegating us . We are all gutted just now, but this doom word have been avoided if the board had acted before the new year.Fact is, you could have pulled a few boys of the terrace to take the training and pick the team, and ill bet we would have stayed up.

It's a fan run club - Board = Fans

I think they will know that and I'm sure they will be hurting badly. I have no doubt they did what they thought was best. We all make mistakes.

Time to move on and build again. I think it may set us back a few years tho to get back challenging for league 1.

I think it was Ron that said the elephant in the room is the Brewsters who bleed money out the Club. I could put up with years of rebuilding if we had control of our destiny but as long as these cowboys own the Club, we are hostages held to ransom.

It's thanks to McDougall that the Brewsters are in control. They had their fingers burnt and would happily walk away if someone offered a reasonable sum.

It's thanks to McDougall that the Brewsters are in control. They had their fingers burnt and would happily walk away if someone offered a reasonable sum.

Pretty sure the current board have tried to buy the club back from the Brewsters.

As has been said, it is certainly not the worst season we have had, but it was so frustrating knowing that we could have been safe if we had dumped JN even just a few months ago. He couldn't even get the win over Livi recently. That's what cost us big time, probably to the tune of £150 - £200k.

If we were totally out of our depth, then it wouldn't have been so bad, but we could so easily have stayed up.

I also can't understand it if we have blown all the cash we have made in the last few seasons. If we have, what did we spend it on?

Pretty sure the current board have tried to buy the club back from the Brewsters.

I think they did, but probably not offering enough. They sank some serious cash into buying us. Way over what we were worth. McDougall must gave been laughing all the way to the bank.

As has been said, it is certainly not the worst season we have had, but it was so frustrating knowing that we could have been safe if we had dumped JN even just a few months ago. He couldn't even get the win over Livi recently. That's what cost us big time, probably to the tune of £150 - £200k.

If we were totally out of our depth, then it wouldn't have been so bad, but we could so easily have stayed up.

I also can't understand it if we have blown all the cash we have made in the last few seasons. If we have, what did we spend it on?

Players obviously - you cant actually compete in the Championship on peanuts. Dundee got crowds 8 times ours in 2013/14 and lost £850k getting out of the Championship. Look at DAFC this season - crowds way beyond ours and trading loss of £250k.

Players obviously - you cant actually compete in the Championship on peanuts. Dundee got crowds 8 times ours in 2013/14 and lost £850k getting out of the Championship. Look at DAFC this season - crowds way beyond ours and trading loss of £250k.

What was our average crowd this season?

It's a fan run club - Board = Fans

Yes. Will not bring up the disaster of the campaign again. The board have been magnificent in so many ways. Hope to get to the meeting and season ticket purchased as soon as they are issued.

Just hope the meeting doesnt turn into nuggets asking why did Jimmy not play graeme brown and why was this player playing etc etc. Its time to look ahead. Re-building job for the new management whomever they may be.

Just hope the meeting doesnt turn into nuggets asking why did Jimmy not play graeme brown and why was this player playing etc etc. Its time to look ahead. Re-building job for the new management whomever they may be.

Correct, what's done is done.

The problem is we didn't compete and our team this season was little better than a league one team.

Better scrub that question about Darren Brownlie then! Can't look back now, only forward, so let's try and ditch the negativity built up during a season that was meant to be one of the best for supporting Cowden!

Archived