Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we are going down players coming to the end of there playing days a Keith Lasley or Barry Robson would be better tbh both would still walk league one as player manager tbh..

I will not miss that jumped up wee arrogant self centred p***k Houston. So glad Falkirk didn't make the play offs, but only because of him. I don't mind Falkirk otherwise.

Did you know Cowdenbeath were gonnae be relegated then?

I just thought I'd throw his name out there. I'm guessing he'll be looking to management soon , he will never earn the same money he's on at the moment in doing so and he's one of 'them'.

I will not miss that jumped up wee arrogant self centred p***k Houston. So glad Falkirk didn't make the play offs, but only because of him. I don't mind Falkirk otherwise.

You'll not need to burden yourself with thoughts of falkirk for many many years... I hope to never see Daytona speedway in this division again

Why does everyone think that fan favourites will make good managers? Markus Paatelainen? Craig Winter? Someone even mentioned Chopper? COME ON!

So why would Barry Robson or Keith Lasley be OK, but Chopper - who loves the club and is our captain - not be OK? Look, any player at or near the end of his playing career is a gamble. Craig Levein, Colin Cameron and Mixu were good, John Reilly was a disaster. There's no way of knowing. I've no idea whether Chopper would want it or not, but he has leadership qualities and would be respected in the dressing room. Toorie is coaching at the moment. He also loves the club, and certainly wouldn't countenance gutless performances.

I would still rather go down this route than appoint an "experienced" manager who is nearing the end of his career. Ian Murray - another gamble - has done a fantastic job at Dumbarton We have some decent players, but we need new energy and new leadership in the dressing room.

I also think Iain Jenkins is a good shout. He was a brilliant coach and a great motivator at CP. There are good people out there, and Cowden have a great record of nurturing new, aspiring managers. Let's give up the experienced/Ibrox route and do something bold. We need to get someone in quickly, to start building a new, younger, hungry squad that we can actually afford.

So why would Barry Robson or Keith Lasley be OK, but Chopper - who loves the club and is our captain - not be OK? Look, any player at or near the end of his playing career is a gamble. Craig Levein, Colin Cameron and Mixu were good, John Reilly was a disaster. There's no way of knowing. I've no idea whether Chopper would want it or not, but he has leadership qualities and would be respected in the dressing room. Toorie is coaching at the moment. He also loves the club, and certainly wouldn't countenance gutless performances.

I would still rather go down this route than appoint an "experienced" manager who is nearing the end of his career. Ian Murray - another gamble - has done a fantastic job at Dumbarton We have some decent players, but we need new energy and new leadership in the dressing room.

I also think Iain Jenkins is a good shout. He was a brilliant coach and a great motivator at CP. There are good people out there, and Cowden have a great record of nurturing new, aspiring managers. Let's give up the experienced/Ibrox route and do something bold. We need to get someone in quickly, to start building a new, younger, hungry squad that we can actually afford.

Chopper is 28 and I doubt looking to step into management any time soon.

I don't know where Barry Robson or Keith Lasley have come from - are people just picking names of players getting on a bit? I'd rather we went down the young, ambitious route too but I doubt we'll have a full time manager next season so that might limit our appeal more than if it was a full time position.

Personally, I'd like to see Jack Ross interviewed but would he be willing to leave Hearts?

Barry Robson has been doing his badges and will want to get into management I believe. He has a wealth of playing experience and is a very well spoken guy. He would also be a huge asset as a player. I don't think he would be the worst should.

It's all just speculation.

Ross is a good shout but I can't see him leaving Hearts. They have a progression progress there I believe. When Neilson moves the club will promote from within.

Chopper is 28 and I doubt looking to step into management any time soon.

I don't know where Barry Robson or Keith Lasley have come from - are people just picking names of players getting on a bit? I'd rather we went down the young, ambitious route too but I doubt we'll have a full time manager next season so that might limit our appeal more than if it was a full time position.

Personally, I'd like to see Jack Ross interviewed but would he be willing to leave Hearts?

Fair point.

Robson an Lasley have played at a much higher level an worked with some fantastic managers sure thy have been doing the coaching badges also not sure chopper has his badges at all chopper has to focus on getting back fit for us an play as player doesn't need managing the team on his shoulder at this time in his career.. Captain very much yes if he stays with us who knows with Alloa loosing Gordon an Meggat to Dundee supposedly Danny Lennon may give him a shot at Alloa.. Strangers things have happend. Yes a player at the end of his career is a gamble but a new young hungry manager is wht the club needs no dinosaurs thy have had there day..

Not to disappointed to see you go down, mostly because of Colin Nish. He was a wage taker who showed our under 20 squad players what to do when decisions go against you. Dummy out the pram and leave the club you have signed for.

I hope you have a good year ahead if you can get rid of that experienced dumpling.

After such a terrible season it is very heartening to see that we are all still behind the club. Many of us have felt disenchanted ( to say the least ) by some of the goings on over recent times but Cowdenbeath fans are a straight talking and fiercely loyal bunch.

Challenging times as usual are ahead but even after sitting through that dire display yesterday we are already looking to the future.

We must all be mental :P .

After such a terrible season it is very heartening to see that we are all still behind the club. Many of us have felt disenchanted ( to say the least ) by some of the goings on over recent times but Cowdenbeath fans are a straight talking and fiercely loyal bunch.

Challenging times as usual are ahead but even after sitting through that dire display yesterday we are already looking to the future.

We must all be mental :P .

Let's be straight about how bad it was. In all my years watching football I've never seen a shambles as bad as us this season. In my view the board shoulder the blame. They should have

dumped Jimmy in January. We were fucking dreadful but still in with a chance. The board stuck with him even though it was clear he was taking us down.

Apart from 316 is there anyone that thought we were staying up?

Let's be straight about how bad it was. In all my years watching football I've never seen a shambles as bad as us this season. In my view the board shoulder the blame. They should have

dumped Jimmy in January. We were fucking dreadful but still in with a chance. The board stuck with him even though it was clear he was taking us down.

Apart from 316 is there anyone that thought we were staying up?

So if we sack the board, what then ?

Archived