Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

His contract is up this month. Very doubtful if it will be renewed.

Thanks for that, onecowden.

As much as he was a legend in his time at Stark's Park I don't think he is what we are looking for right now!! 8)

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Commiserations Cowden. It looked like you were going to be safe for a while. Never mind, you've the prospect of a big Fife derby next year, and maybe another if The FIfe come up.

Maybe Mixu can be coaxed to give up his Finland job, as they’re unlikely to qualify for the Euros :)

I’m sure the board has learned a lot from this season’s shambolic performance and, if they’re being honest, will recognise that they must shoulder a lot of the blame, so they'll probably avoid any knee-jerk decisions. What we need is for them to show the same determination that they showed the last time we were relegated. Who knows? Maybe we can bounce back again. Right now, it’s a stretch to imagine it, but getting rid of JN worked that time, so maybe it can work next season.

As for getting rid of the whole squad…. It’s understandable after the huge disappointment of relegation to say “get rid of all the players and start with a new squad”, but chances are we’d regret it. Take a look at Fulham. They ditched 9 or 10 first team players after their relegation from the English Premier League and spoke about fresh faces giving a fresh start. But, in their first 8 Championship games, they lost 7 and drew 1 and were bottom of the league. They improved eventually, but were still flirting with relegation until the last few games of the season. Clearly all of us will welcome a young, dynamic manager, but the new man will need a core of players on which to build his squad.

BTW, by all accounts, Balotelli will be ditched by Liverpool soon. You think he could settle in at CP? :lol:

I will miss wee Jimmies.

I wont miss that excuse for a football stadium.

Thanks for keeping Pars down last season and see you again sometime.

I will not miss that jumped up wee arrogant self centred p***k Houston. So glad Falkirk didn't make the play offs, but only because of him. I don't mind Falkirk otherwise.

Markus P guessing he would be a great choice for the fans an can maybe get a few gems indeed.. Great player for cowden an wasn't he at a game a few months back very left field but no a bad suggestion tbf...

Markus P guessing he would be a great choice for the fans an can maybe get a few gems indeed.. Great player for cowden an wasn't he at a game a few months back very left field but no a bad suggestion tbf...

Was at a game a few weeks back. We'll never see a player like that again in a Cowden shirt.

No idea if he's any qualifications though. Strangely enough Danny Lennon was at the same game.

Yeah thot a herd he was at a game Aberdeen cowden was wondering the same thing if he had his badges?? Like you say one of the special player to grace a cowden shirt indeed.. Would love to see him as manager one day at the club the fans would love it an maybe he could get a few gems from Finland over to help us. Think Lennon was at the game to sus cowden out had a feeling he may have already knew he was going to be the new Alloa boss...

Yeah thot a herd he was at a game Aberdeen cowden was wondering the same thing if he had his badges?? Like you say one of the special player to grace a cowden shirt indeed.. Would love to see him as manager one day at the club the fans would love it an maybe he could get a few gems from Finland over to help us. Think Lennon was at the game to sus cowden out had a feeling he may have already knew he was going to be the new Alloa boss...

I would imagine Danny would have known he was getting the Alloa job and would be watching the following weeks opponents Dumbarton and of course us.

Re a new manager I would like someone from outwith the club coming in with a fresh outlook on things.

Why does everyone think that fan favourites will make good managers? Markus Paatelainen? Craig Winter? Someone even mentioned Chopper? COME ON!

I've seen a lot of suggestions floating about but there seems to be no substance or logical thought behind most of them. As long as Donald consults the board and doesn't make a call to John Brown or Dick Campbell behind their backs then we might get a decent appointment.

Why does everyone think that fan favourites will make good managers? Markus Paatelainen? Craig Winter? Someone even mentioned Chopper? COME ON!

I've seen a lot of suggestions floating about but there seems to be no substance or logical thought behind most of them. As long as Donald consults the board and doesn't make a call to John Brown or Dick Campbell behind their backs then we might get a decent appointment.

I would like to see us advertise the position and see who applies.

No doubt you would get the usual suspects who apply for everything but someone coming to the end of their playing career and wanting to start out might fit the bill.

We had success going down that route with Craig Levein and Mixu Paatelainen and it worked with Alloa and Paul Hartley.

A never said Markus p would be a good manager a said a would love him to be a manager of the club some day.. Dont even no if he has he coaching badges tbh..Lets be serious couldnt do any worse than jimmy did this season. A do agree a Campbell, John brown would defo not be the choice ave said a guy like Alec cleland for me would be an outstanding candidate for us.. Has worked with a few managers at st Johnstone an herd he is a fantastic coach.. Would be my pick...

A never said Markus p would be a good manager a said a would love him to be a manager of the club some day.. Dont even no if he has he coaching badges tbh..Lets be serious couldnt do any worse than jimmy did this season. A do agree a Campbell, John brown would defo not be the choice ave said a guy like Alec cleland for me would be an outstanding candidate for us.. Has worked with a few managers at st Johnstone an herd he is a fantastic coach.. Would be my pick...

Jenkins for me, he was the brains behind Danny's tenure.

I would like to see us advertise the position and see who applies.

No doubt you would get the usual suspects who apply for everything but someone coming to the end of their playing career and wanting to start out might fit the bill.

We had success going down that route with Craig Levein and Mixu Paatelainen and it worked with Alloa and Paul Hartley.

^^^ This. Appointing someone from the usual merry-go-round worked out well this season didn't it. Jimmy did a great job last season by changing things round but then reverted to type with dinosaur stuff this season. Not another one of them.

I don't care who it is as long as it's his first managerial appointment so he's in touch with the way the game has evolved.

Has Jenkins not got a very good job with the SFA tho always thot he was an excellent number two would he really want the pressure of being manager if he has a good little number with the SFA an our budget will be cut in half??

Archived