Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heard he did a good job with Dumbarton u20's so canny see why it would not be worth a go

Really? I heard the total opposite. Go on their thread and ask them.

I would prefer a new manager coming in but if the board deem Nish to be the best candidate he will get my backing.

Nish as player manager defo is not the answer for me will do a job for us as a player but also herd he did terrible with dumbo 20s so no thanks. We will still be giving him a wage as a player so he maybe be an option for manager because we may not have big money for a new manger but for me he certainly aint the answer as manager..

I would prefer a new manager coming in but if the board deem Nish to be the best candidate he will get my backing.

Got told that by a mate but hay he might be in a minority.

Nish as player manager defo is not the answer for me will do a job for us as a player but also herd he did terrible with dumbo 20s so no thanks. We will still be giving him a wage as a player so he maybe be an option for manager because we may not have big money for a new manger but for me he certainly aint the answer as manager..

You may be right but who would have thought Murray would be such a success after being given a chance at Dumbo. Look at guys live Levein and Cameron for us. Untried but worked out.

Did you notice it was Nish that took charge of Marshall on the field yesterday after his hissy fit. No-one else reacted to the situation so it shows he at least has a spark of leadership about him which we've been sorely lacking in a manager.

Cowdenconvert you make a good point indeed it was only nish tht had a go at Marshall on the park a noticed tht an you may also be right does show tht he cared an may have abit leadership about him.. If the board do indeed give him the managers job a will back the decision an give him my backing.. Like ave said will be alot of managers in for the job and I trust in the board to make the right decision to take us forward..

Coaching under 20's to a full team are two totally different things. Sure, it didn't work with Potter at the pars but it may work for Nish. I think he'll be a solid player for us next season but needs a Gallacher type player alongside him. Not a headless chicken like Oyenuga and certainly not Higgins. We need to be shrewd and get young hungry players in. Maybe if Rangers go up, they might release Gallacher - he'd tear League 1 opposition apart and would be who I'd go after but he'd probably get a full time deal at a team like Falkirk.

I've shouted at Nish plenty of times already, perhaps harshly, but given the fact money will be extremely tight, he may be the only viable option to manage the club. He'd get my support.

Right now, I'd take survival next season right now. We are in a very precarious position.

Nish might be ok as a manager in League 1, but it will be a big gamble. He could be just what we need and the cheaper option. He should have a better grip on which players to bring in as well and who should be kept.

Coaching under 20's to a full team are two totally different things. Sure, it didn't work with Potter at the pars but it may work for Nish. I think he'll be a solid player for us next season but needs a Gallacher type player alongside him. Not a headless chicken like Oyenuga and certainly not Higgins. We need to be shrewd and get young hungry players in. Maybe if Rangers go up, they might release Gallacher - he'd tear League 1 opposition apart and would be who I'd go after but he'd probably get a full time deal at a team like Falkirk.

I've shouted at Nish plenty of times already, perhaps harshly, but given the fact money will be extremely tight, he may be the only viable option to manage the club. He'd get my support.

Right now, I'd take survival next season right now. We are in a very precarious position.

On the money there neebur. Good post

If Nish did get the gig he would certainly be given every chance by the fans. My reservations are based on what the Dumbo fans said about his coaching of their under 20's but it would be stupid to base a judgement on that I admit.

Money will be tight so it could be an option that might be considered. I think that he could do a bit of damage as a player in the League one. Whatever happens I hope the process of getting a new guy in starts soon. Whoever comes in they are going to need time to appraise and rebuild.

Big financial change for the club. League money slashed and no glamour games against Rangers and/or Hibs (and the lucrative hospitality income that comes with then).

On the plus side, we do have local derbies against The Pars and the wage bill will be lower.

According to Darren Adamson Nish's contract was only 18 months on the basis that we stayed up. We don't need to extend it now. Same with Campbell.

Brett, Hughes and Milne are the only ones signed up.

Let's forget the past, it's done. Sorry Ron but chopper and Toorie are non starter. Pretty sure you need badges these days to be a manager or coach. It affects the Club licence and therefore the cash you get from sfa.

Still think we are attractive club for managers given our record, even under financial constraints. We have full time youths which many other clubs don't.

Gus macPherson, Ray McKinnon can't be on great wages and could be persuaded ?

Or how about former assistant, Iain Jenkins. Now a coach at the SFA so will have a handle on good young talent around central Scotland.

Any others ?

What's Darren Murray up to since leaving coventry?

Scrolled back a couple of pages, has Jimmy Nic got his books at Cowden? :unsure2:

All this talk of a new Manager made me wonder if he had.

His contract is up this month. Very doubtful if it will be renewed.

Heard he did a good job with Dumbarton u20's so canny see why it would not be worth a go

Aye Muzz is right. Nish did a poor job with our U20s and wasn't liked by the majority of players.

His style of play was not want could be described as "easy on the eye" either.

I could be completely off but I don't think he'd be the right option.

Archived