Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

the criticism of milne is ridiculous. some of our fans talk the biggest pile of sh1te about most issues.

yes Lewis hasnt had a good season, but hes been ruined by the way we play. he doesnt just suddenly lose his talent. we should be building our team around him next season.

we were just not good enough today and summed up our season, we deserve to go down so no complaints.

it hasnt worked out with Jimmy, so lets hope we can recruit a new, young, forward thinking manager next season.

main issue over the summer is keeping the board together.

have to mention Colin Marshall. yes he was getting unjustified stick from some fans. but to stick the middle finger up at the fans for 10/15 seconds is totally out of order. leigh griffiths got a ban for hibs against us for a lot less. then to deliberately fire the ball straight out of the stadium when in a good position tocross it into the box. well, im embaressed for the boy. definitely not as good a player as he rates himself as. i have never seen an incident like this in professional football before, only maybe sunday pub league. absolutely farcical. next season will probably be his what, 13th club of his career? says it all really.

finally, would like to mention Lewis Toshney. despite all the shambles around him he continued to try 100 per cent until the final whistle and he was my man of the match for us.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Building our team around him? What a load of utter nonsense. Build it around what? What sort of attributes does he have should we be building around him. Able to pass the ball short when under no pressure and scored of the odd great goal?

Is Milne the only player wasted under Nicholl or should we keep them all as its all the managers fault?

Our manager has been an utter failure but the players shoulder a huge amount of the blame too. Only one or two have had any real stick this season - the same ones every week the easy targets - whereas players like Higgins have contributed nothing all season. Hide away in games yet gets no stick.

Milne can go with the rest of the squad, he's under contract so he will stay but that's his only saving grace. If we want to be sentimental and offer players who will be on wages far too high for league 1 new contracts then that's a poor decision. These guys all got big wage increases, I believe, after we stayed up.

As you say Al, better players out there in the juniors.

Good players will have good games and good moments even in a poor system. They will show the correct attitude and commitment and want the ball as much as possible. They won't hide away and fade into the background and allow the game to pass them by - what is happened for the majority of that squad.

We barely threaten teams and we leak goals at an alarming rate.

Too many people basing players on past performances and what they think they can achieve and perform to. Not what they actually have performed to. That's what's cost us this season. We were loyal to the players who kept us up last season when they simply were not good enough - except for a couple.

When we're on top and he has time to work with Milne can be excellent. We don't have that time in this league. He isn't good enough for the championship. Too many games this season our midfield has been over-run and he's a big part of that because he hides and doesn't challenge for the ball. Not the kind of player that will solve our midfield problems.

The season is over and it was a disaster. No point in post-mortems now.

JN and LM need to go as do the players who are out of contract. We can't afford them and they are not good enough. I include the former stalwarts like chopper, Robbo etc in that list.

New young hungry manager and hungry players is the way forward. Prob won't mean a return next season but so be it.

Also the other problem is the Brewsters and their constant bleeding of the Club thru doubling the rent etc. we should maybe take a leaf from Blackpool and organise some demos at the stock car meetings. A few track invasions and they might get the message it's time to go.

I'm with you on the first and second paragraph.

The problem with the last one is they hold all the cards. We, at the moment, are almost literally powerless.

Unless the cost of holding the stock car meetings goes up. ! Demos means hiring more stewards and hopefully chasing the fans away to lochgelly. Reduced income is the only way to get them to sell.

The Brewsters own the club and there's nothing we can do about it. The reality is they could put us out of existence tomorrow if they wanted to do so. The only reason they haven't already done so is because a group of hardworking supporters took over the running of the club and it saves them the bother. They can screw us for as much rent as they want.

Depressing stuff but that is the situation we are in.

What the f**k is going on here?? Empty the whole squad etc. Let's be serious, we are going down to the seaside leagues and any fan not wanting players like Chopper,Nat, Brownlie,Deano, Toshney,Robbo, TOB, are mad. What are we actually going to replace them with.. Our manager relegated us, and our board let him. We will be in no position to bring in any decent players next season. Yes we can't afford to keep them all, but the replacements will be poorer standard and it would be a long time, if ever we get back to the success this last decade.

Not if they are on championship wages. We are going to have to hugely reduce our outgoings. Our average attendance will be tiny and ive heard the rent is going up.

I would probably keep the guys you listed but Nat and Toshey will be well out our price bracket and shouldn't be kept on. Not value for money.

What the f**k is going on here?? Empty the whole squad etc. Let's be serious, we are going down to the seaside leagues and any fan not wanting players like Chopper,Nat, Brownlie,Deano, Toshney,Robbo, TOB, are mad. What are we actually going to replace them with.. Our manager relegated us, and our board let him. We will be in no position to bring in any decent players next season. Yes we can't afford to keep them all, but the replacements will be poorer standard and it would be a long time, if ever we get back to the success this last decade.

Deano, Milne Hughes and Nish all under contract for next season. The rest will be too expensive to keep in league 1 and there are a few I wouldn't want anyway.

Not if they are on championship wages. We are going to have to hugely reduce our outgoings. Our average attendance will be tiny and ive heard the rent is going up.

I would probably keep the guys you listed but Nat and Toshey will be well out our price bracket and shouldn't be kept on. Not value for money.

What, then can we actually replace them with.. Nothing that I can think of. We can play our youth players, but after a really golden spell last decade I don't know if we have any more good uns coming through..New manager has no chance imo..

I think we need a clear out anyway. We need a fresh start. Too many players seem to simply accept defeat. Once we go behind the heads are down and we invariably get humped. We rarely come from behind to win, the mentality of too many isn't good enough.

Deano, Milne Hughes and Nish all under contract for next season. The rest will be too expensive to keep in league 1 and there are a few I wouldn't want anyway.

Nat,Robbie, Chopper, Brownlie, Robbo, TOB, even Toshney, who never stopped trying today. I'd keep them all if possible.

What, then can we actually replace them with.. Nothing that I can think of. We can play our youth players, but after a really golden spell last decade I don't know if we have any more good uns coming through..New manager has no chance imo..

I don't know what these players are on but there's good players out there in juniors and under 21 level. Plenty players get emptied by top flight teams every year and they will be desperate to find a club.

I'd imagine we could sign two players for what Nat will be on. Simply not value for money.

The new manager will get a fresh slate and we can see what he does.

Thomson & Toshney will probably stay in the championship. I expect the rest to be dropping down a division but not necessarily with us. Other teams can pay them far better wages than we'll be forking out next season.

Archived