Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Correct. Haybo hadnae ordered enough beer in.

Nae beer/lager left by 9ish then u n Duth started orderin different flavas o' that pish.

Haybo had sold Humpreys by that time Lawro it was some Weegie woman who was running it.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would have been about 20 at the time was still mortal fae the night before.

Was that no long after he came into the country on the back o a lorry . He was rushed down to methil to remind him of back home in Albania

Only 2 things to say.

Is Jimmy really not making the game at Ibrox because he has another job?. WOW! That must be a wind up.

and sadly secondly, RIP Frank. Top man and cowden diehard. Very sad.

Seen it quoted in the local press. Jimmy won't be at Ibrox to do his day job and avoid relegation for Cowden. Utter w****r.

Seen it quoted in the local press. Jimmy won't be at Ibrox to do his day job and avoid relegation for Cowden. Utter w****r.

I don't get the hostility towards him. He done the honourable thing and tried to walk away (3 times apparently) but your board said no.

It's absolutely ridiculous your manager wont be in the dugout for one of your games but that's your boards fault, not his. Why on earth would they persist with this current set up?

I don't get the hostility towards him. He done the honourable thing and tried to walk away (3 times apparently) but your board said no.

It's absolutely ridiculous your manager wont be in the dugout for one of your games but that's your boards fault, not his. Why on earth would they persist with this current set up?

If he wanted to go he'd go regardless of what the board said. I might be wrong but i very much doubt he's put in a resignation that he walks away with no strings attached.

If he wanted to go he'd go regardless of what the board said. I might be wrong but i very much doubt he's put in a resignation that he walks away with no strings attached.

I can only go by what I've read on this thread unfortunately.

I do feel for Cowden fans, I'd be fizzing if our manager was a no show during a crucial run of games, regardless of where the blame lies.

How many jobs have you walked away from without looking to get the best deal for yourself?

Football fans have this misconception that players and managers give a f**k about their club when the reality is unless they grew up supporting you they really couldn't care less if it's the "honourable" thing to do, it's a job to them. The board have given him a contract, they either see that out or sack him.

Why should fans show up when the manager doesn't?

I don't blame Nicholl for looking to get the best deal for himselt but the way he has conducted himself as been poor. Coming out and saying he has tried to resign 3 times was wrong. Then to take the NI job while being utterly hopeless with us. The club should have given him and ultimatum:

Take the NI job and walk away from CFC early without another penny.

Finish his job with CFC and reject the NI job at this stage.

We have nothing to gain by keeping him here and allowing him to do both jobs.

How many jobs have you walked away from without looking to get the best deal for yourself?

Football fans have this misconception that players and managers give a f**k about their club when the reality is unless they grew up supporting you they really couldn't care less if it's the "honourable" thing to do, it's a job to them. The board have given him a contract, they either see that out or sack him.

Don't think blame is the right word. The manager must have convinced the chairman/ board he was up to the job. He clearly wasn't, well not so far and that isn't going to change. The other part time teams haven't set the heather on fire either but what I find most disappointing is the amount of bad defeats we have had.

Don't think Alloa will lose five or six goals easily and their players aren't any better than ours.

Loan signings have been good but the others have generally been hopeless. There were plenty of average strikers without clubs at the start of the season who could have done a job for us.

Give the job to Makel and get Toorie as assistant. Couldn't be any worse.

I can only go by what I've read on this thread unfortunately.

I do feel for Cowden fans, I'd be fizzing if our manager was a no show during a crucial run of games, regardless of where the blame lies.

it's absolutely farcical that he is going to miss games due to another job he has just taken on.

As muzz says, why should fans go to ibrox when the manager isnt?

it's absolutely farcical that he is going to miss games due to another job he has just taken on.

The irony is we probably have a better chance if hes not there.Still ridiculous though.

I fully agree with you but surely that's the boards fault? JN is only looking out for number 1, and considering it's highly unlikely he'll have the Cowden gig next season he's probably done the sensible thing by taking on a decent job when the opportunity arose. If it was me I'd do the same.

It seems ridiculous to me that your board have allowed it to get to this point. Surely they must have given him permission to speak to NI regarding the assistants job?

May as well write off the next two games as we won't score a goal let alone get anything from them.

The three games at the start of April are key. Dumbarton (h), Raith (a) and Livi (h). We need 6 points from that before we face Hearts again. Even 4 points won't be enough.

We need Alloa and Livi to draw this weekend - if Alloa win we won't catch them.

Archived