Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

We are not improving in the championship.I genuinely believed the club would push on after the high of Dunfermline but we have regressed on and off the pitch FACT. I dont want to be in the seaside leagues.I want to see improvement in players-the way we play - do i expect us to compete with the top 5-6 DO i heck. But i expect more of a challenge to them on the pitch. It goes back to Jimmys signing policy and shoot from the hip tactics and signings. I rarely moan on here about the club or manager not my style so for me to do so means thats how bad its got.

Donald is backing Jimmy as is the board and i would bet my right nut that if this was danny lennon/colin cameron or murray hughes as manager they would have been punted pre-xmas.

Good luck to Jimmy for remainder of season he has made himself more of a target for abuse with this weeks announcement I wont shout or bawl as i wont waste my energy. The club has to listen to fans im afraid we dont want Jimmy next season. Move him on and get someone else in with fresh ideas/thoughts and maybe someone more "structured" in his managerial approach - put me on the hiring committee #fuckaye

Fair enough Nelly ????

That's what I love about our fans is they are so passionate about the club.

Some of your comments are quite valid points.

I think for next season it would be very worthwhile setting up a fans committee or if there is already one then including more fans on it.

Time for some refreshing changes at the club i.e John does a fantastic job with the 100 club but I think that club could be better I.E more of a social club arranging events,engaging with the board as this season it's solely been there's your 11k where as last season we had some pre match nibbles and drinks and presented a cheque to the chairman.

I really don't think Jimmy will be here next season as it's not viable in managing a club like our and being involved in the international set up,unless we had the budget and other people that would be able to manage the club whilst he was away.

For our continued quest to stay in the Championship you need a manager here to take care of the club 24/7.

To be fair to Jimmy that's what he prefers by being number two and I think he will do well in the international scene.Let's hope he bows out of Cowdenbeath if this is his last season on a high as I said at the start of the season I will buy him a bottle if he keeps us up and the offer still stands lol ????

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough Nelly lol

That's what I love about our fans is they are so passionate about the club.

Some of your comments are quite valid points.

I think for next season it would be very worthwhile setting up a fans committee or if there is already one then including more fans on it.

Time for some refreshing changes at the club i.e John does a fantastic job with the 100 club but I think that club could be better I.E more of a social club arranging events,engaging with the board as this season it's solely been there's your 11k where as last season we had some pre match nibbles and drinks and presented a cheque to the chairman

Pity the same passion wasnt shown by certain players and management. I felt so fucking sorry for Jimmy when the abuse rained down on him during the QOTS horsing then the alloa horsing. I watched him clap his hands and try gee the players up to just try give that bit more but he looked a beaten man that day and granted the team has performed more admirably against sevco and hibs. Slight reaction yes.

Btw to be fair to JN some of the mistakes and defending and just general play is down to mistakes ive never seen a season with so many individual errors. Jimmy doesnt cause that.

MONE THE COWDEN

Aye I feel sorry for him as well. Watchin him clap away at Hearts trying to motivate or whatever. That's why I wish he would walk away so he gets no more stick and enjoy his semi retirement into international football - I guess that's his idea come end of the season and I suppose he wants to do this and say 'Cowden fans, I kept you in this division 2 years in a row. Get it up you you moaning faced c***s'.

Keith Lasley. Scott Severin, Steven Thompson. Plenty options and it's most certainly an attractive role. Central belt, high success rate of managera, good chairman and well paid.

Pity the same passion wasnt shown by certain players and management. I felt so fucking sorry for Jimmy when the abuse rained down on him during the QOTS horsing then the alloa horsing. I watched him clap his hands and try gee the players up to just try give that bit more but he looked a beaten man that day and granted the team has performed more admirably against sevco and hibs. Slight reaction yes.

Btw to be fair to JN some of the mistakes and defending and just general play is down to mistakes ive never seen a season with so many individual errors. Jimmy doesnt cause that.

MONE THE COWDEN

Good comments Nelly as I said in my post above my offer of a bottle to JN still stands.

I really hope he keeps us up for him and the club and fans.

I don't think he will be here next season due to his international post as Cowden in my opinion really need someone here 24/7

Keep believing

Aye I feel sorry for him as well. Watchin him clap away at Hearts trying to motivate or whatever. That's why I wish he would walk away so he gets no more stick and enjoy his semi retirement into international football - I guess that's his idea come end of the season and I suppose he wants to do this and say 'Cowden fans, I kept you in this division 2 years in a row. Get it up you you moaning faced c***s'.

Keith Lasley. Scott Severin, Steven Thompson. Plenty options and it's most certainly an attractive role. Central belt, high success rate of managera, good chairman and well paid.

Steven Thompson player/manager ???? at least we would start to score goals

Wouldn't say they were that rank back then he won the FA Cup twice, when it still meant something to the big clubs.

I thought they only won it once when he was there in 1977.

Can see our away support being about 50 on Sat

Going to Inverness, oldest son is at another Judo comp but probably wouldn't have went anyway as the last Hibs game at Easter Road was just enough and I promised myself that would be the last away game I go to this season (barring playoffs).

Even if the team manage to stay up then I still want JN out - TBH - if we put him on gardening leave I doubt we would notice any difference, get Chopper to train and manage the team a couple of days a week.

I know we all want the club to do well and staying in the Championship is what the chairman wants but you don't get what you want unless you earn it and this season has been a monumental f**k up.

Can see our away support being about 50 on Sat

Sure I read there was only 50odd at the last meeting so about the same again.

I've got a gay weekend in Aberdeen so can't make it - Vince was choking on an invite to come up.

Hearing sad news that Frank Dillon has sadly passed away. Used to run the supporters club buses when I was a kid and was always a good laugh.

Particular highlight being him face planting off the bus after a trip to Gretna I think. A good man.

Archived