Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think it was yesterday. Callaghan, Halsman and Johnston were our overaged players I think. Three I wouldnt expect to be at the club next season.

Callaghan and Johnston yes. Not good enough. Still not sure about Halsman. Started OK but then deteriorated at the time the team imploded.

You just have to accept its your time to return to the seaside leagues & hopefully you won't be back anytime soon...bigger clubs like Forfar or Brechin would offer much more to this league

Aye and you enjoy your clubs failure in the play offs again.....IF you get there!

The timing of Jimmys announcement is not acceptable. Trying to put a spin that this works to the BENEFIT of cowden is laughable. There is no positive.I dont blame Jimmy for taking it - its an absolute dream for him - Hes getting on a bit and could secure the post with NI for a couple of years and be involved at that high level. However I think we need to be selfish as a club and say sorry JN - results and PERFORMANCES havent been good enough you are employed full time at a fantastic wage so we need you and the team battling and working harder than ever.

Keep being told we want to progress as a club well im sorry this decision further enhances my opinion that on the park and off the park we are more amateurish now in a long time. There was a time we were run professionally and it could be seen on the park. Players had partnerships and affilition now its all over the place. Something has been lost somewhere. For all his faults Colin Cameron would have had us playing better and had us organised and professional and in tip top shape.

I will back the team but Jimmy cant be there at end of season and by this announcement im 95% sure he wont be at the club next season. Which again is not a good thing for the players.

I remember Colin Cameron gave the players pre season fitness regimes to follow - what are the chances of Jimmy doing anything like that? f**k all. I don't care what anyone says Cameron had the pitch looking good and both spells under Nicholl its deteriorated into a pathetic surface. It may be a coincidence but I think there's more too it.

Now I'm not saying Cameron is a good manager - he's failing poorly at Berwick - but he was going, had a professional set up, the club had an identity, the players knew the way we were going to play and who was expected to do what. Young players were brought in and improved. We generally attacked as well which is nice.

Right now we couldn't be further from that. No one has a clue what team, shape, formation, tactis we will be playing week to week. Players have regressed inmensely. Milne a prime example, he's not worthy of a squad place

If Nicholl is at the club next season then I'm done. How are you expected to back him? He's taking the piss and the club should have blocked his move. He's our manager. If he wants to go there then f**k off at the end of the season. One competitive game between now and then for them, he could have waited.

He will get some stick from the fans.

I remember Colin Cameron gave the players pre season fitness regimes to follow - what are the chances of Jimmy doing anything like that? f**k all. I don't care what anyone says Cameron had the pitch looking good and both spells under Nicholl its deteriorated into a pathetic surface. It may be a coincidence but I think there's more too it.

Really don't get your obsession with the pitch under Nicholl. It's nothing to do with him how the pitch is. Think we've had problems with groundsmen when Nicholl has been in charge and coincidentally haven't when Cameron was in charge.

There is no agenda to have a rubbish pitch. In fairness even if we had a bowling green off a pitch we'd still be shite :lol:

Because twice under him the pitch has deteriorated to a standard which is appalling and embarrassing. If I was in charge it would be a priority of mine to sort it - even if it means losing a player from your budget. Then, ironically, in between his two spells the pitch makes a miraculous recovery and looked good under Cameron. I don't doubt for a second that he had a say in this as he wanted his teams to play good football he wanted the pitch to be of high a quality as possible.

I'm not saying there's an agenda, I'm saying he doesn't really care enough about the pitch. It's not important to him. It was to Cameron.

This season's just been one massive let down after another. We haven't competed in all honesty and by the sounds of it the money coming in hasn't been enough to cover the outgoings so even being here wasn't worth it - I would have at least expected the club to have been able to bank a lot of cash this year but it doesn't seem to have happened that way.

We would probably be in a better position had we been relegated. I'd rather get relegated this season and hopefully be at a level where we can compete as opposed to watching 20+ games of absolute pish next season. Not sure if anyone will agree with that.

I expect if we stay up through some bizarre set of circumstances the team will be worse again as outgoings will be up and income will be down. Staying up could be a very bad thing.

If going down means winning games and playing some sort of attacking football Im in. Especially if Morton go up. Brechin, Forfar, Stranraer, Peterhead, Albion Rovers, Arbroath (maybe), Ayr (maybe). Some away days.

If going down means winning games and playing some sort of attacking football Im in. Especially if Morton go up. Brechin, Forfar, Stranraer, Peterhead, Albion Rovers, Arbroath (maybe), Ayr (maybe). Some away days.

Sadly I'm not in and you will find the chairman will not be in if some peoples ambitions are to play in the seaside leagues.

The future of our club in my opinion is to stay in the Championship and I personally would rather be part of a club who strives to improve and not a club who just wants to settle in the seaside leagues.

I would say to people careful what you wish for in terms of being happy in the lower leagues as our chairman has openly said in the past if you want to play in the lower leagues then these meetings aren't for you and that he has no interest in being chairman if the concensus is just to play in these leagues.

Everyones entitled to there view but my view is if we are to develop and improve as a club and obtain investment then we have to stay in this division.

I also think it's key we keep our chairman as I fear for our clubs future without his involvement unless someone similar was to be appointed but not many high profile people with a liking for Cowdenbeath Fc exists

Or is your point to be relegated and come back on promotion at the first time of asking ?

It was said in jest but so what if we do?

Saying 'the seaside leagues' is fine when talking to opposition fans but to reference it here is extremely patronising to the club. We will be back in those league, we will never sustain ourselves as a Championship club - similar to Alloa and Dumbarton. It comes and goes. It's inpossible for us to be a sustainable Championship side - we don't have the infrastructure or fan base.

Look at Clyde. A club in massive debt and they cut all expenses, started paying peanuts, wiped their debt and are now rebuilding. They are homeless and are looking at relocating to a new ground. Does that mean they aren't ambitious?

I get the impression you won't want to watch a team in the 'Seaside leagues'?

And it's not about settling anywhere, it's about being realistic. Do we continue to run at a loss and expect directors to sustain Championship football?

It was said in jest but so what if we do?

Saying 'the seaside leagues' is fine when talking to opposition fans but to reference it here is extremely patronising to the club. We will be back in those league, we will never sustain ourselves as a Championship club - similar to Alloa and Dumbarton. It comes and goes. It's inpossible for us to be a sustainable Championship side - we don't have the infrastructure or fan base.

Look at Clyde. A club in massive debt and they cut all expenses, started paying peanuts, wiped their debt and are now rebuilding. They are homeless and are looking at relocating to a new ground. Does that mean they aren't ambitious?

I get the impression you won't want to watch a team in the 'Seaside leagues'?

And it's not about settling anywhere, it's about being realistic. Do we continue to run at a loss and expect directors to sustain Championship football?

I will continue to support Cowden regardless of which league they are in so long as they continue to have ambitions.

For us to build an infrastructure we need to stay in this division plus we won't have decent crowds in the lower leagues and we are soon to be paying double the rent I believe.

Anyway let's just hope our club starts getting good news starting with some points this Saturday

Why do we need to stay in this division? What's that based on. Clyde didn't need to. If we do need to then that's fine, but someone can tell us why exactly other than 'costs are going up'.

It's clear we can't turn a profit either way. We are relying on council, lottery and other charitable funding (and external investment) to help us build a multi purpose stadium. Artificial surface, stand and changing rooms - hopefully with a club room/bar as well as hospitality options.

People keep saying 'we need to do this we need to do that' without any back up. I remember being told at Montrose when we lost under Lennon we had to go up for the future of the club.

Sadly I'm not in and you will find the chairman will not be in if some peoples ambitions are to play in the seaside leagues.

The future of our club in my opinion is to stay in the Championship and I personally would rather be part of a club who strives to improve and not a club who just wants to settle in the seaside leagues.

I would say to people careful what you wish for in terms of being happy in the lower leagues as our chairman has openly said in the past if you want to play in the lower leagues then these meetings aren't for you and that he has no interest in being chairman if the concensus is just to play in these leagues.

Everyones entitled to there view but my view is if we are to develop and improve as a club and obtain investment then we have to stay in this division.

I also think it's key we keep our chairman as I fear for our clubs future without his involvement unless someone similar was to be appointed but not many high profile people with a liking for Cowdenbeath Fc exists

Or is your point to be relegated and come back on promotion at the first time of asking ?

We are not improving in the championship.I genuinely believed the club would push on after the high of Dunfermline but we have regressed on and off the pitch FACT. I dont want to be in the seaside leagues.I want to see improvement in players-the way we play - do i expect us to compete with the top 5-6 DO i heck. But i expect more of a challenge to them on the pitch. It goes back to Jimmys signing policy and shoot from the hip tactics and signings. I rarely moan on here about the club or manager not my style so for me to do so means thats how bad its got.

Donald is backing Jimmy as is the board and i would bet my right nut that if this was danny lennon/colin cameron or murray hughes as manager they would have been punted pre-xmas.

Good luck to Jimmy for remainder of season he has made himself more of a target for abuse with this weeks announcement I wont shout or bawl as i wont waste my energy. The club has to listen to fans im afraid we dont want Jimmy next season. Move him on and get someone else in with fresh ideas/thoughts and maybe someone more "structured" in his managerial approach - put me on the hiring committee #fuckaye

Archived