Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

I still believe, as always, that we can improve and pick up points. However, realistically we are up the creek without a paddle.

I think Alloa will pick up more points than us, as will Livi.

When are Livi due their next points deduction? That should secure us a play off place!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There would have been lot's of ???? if I had said following the ten nil drubbing that we will draw nil nil against Rangers the following week.

Footballs a funny old game.Who would have predicted Dunfermline sitting 7th in League One last season.

To be fair Rangers are fucking dung. They have drawn with the bottom three in under 2 weeks and Queens in between.

To be fair Rangers are fucking dung. They have drawn with the bottom three in under 2 weeks and Queens in between.

Yes they are but after a ten nil thrashing our players showed tremendous character when their confidence could have been completely shattered

It's a real shame that we are going to have to rely on other games going our way starting on Saturday hopefully with Dumbarton beating Livingston and Rovers beating Alloa.

A must win against Queens on Saturday in my opinion

Over to the players and Jimmy,no pressure!!!!!

We have two games in hand.

However your point is probably still true. We are mince. We've been mince all season. People pointed this out early on but were shot down by others. I'm not even bothered about the football side of things now - we have much bigger things to worry about going by last weeks programme.

We have two games in hand.

However your point is probably still true. We are mince. We've been mince all season. People pointed this out early on but were shot down by others. I'm not even bothered about the football side of things now - we have much bigger things to worry about going by last weeks programme.

You are exactly right about the footballing side,I couldn't care how bad we play as long as we get enough results to stay in the Championship.

What comments were made in the programme as I didn't purchase one but heard some comments on here?

It's a real shame that we are going to have to rely on other games going our way starting on Saturday hopefully with Dumbarton beating Livingston and Rovers beating Alloa.

A must win against Queens on Saturday in my opinion

Over to the players and Jimmy,no pressure!!!!!

Queens is not a must win. A draw would be a bonus. Dumbo and Livi at home are must wins. Outside of ourselves and Rangers Alloa haven't picked up many results so will probably continue to be gash.. We need to start winning home games against bottom half teams but we've not done that this season so will also continue to be gash.

Queens is not a must win. A draw would be a bonus. Dumbo and Livi at home are must wins. Outside of ourselves and Rangers Alloa haven't picked up many results so will probably continue to be gash.. We need to start winning home games against bottom half teams but we've not done that this season so will also continue to be gash.

Well I hope Jimmy doesn't go in with that kind of team talk a draw would be a bonus.

We need to start winning some games regardless of who our opponents are to make up ground from the games we should have taken points from.

We are capable of taking points on our day and I want to start seeing that starting on Saturday.

7 points from 9 games will be enough - provided some of those points are taken from Alloa.

Muzza you can't rely on thinking like that.All it needs is a team like Alloa to get a run of form going or Livingston.

We can't be reckless in thinking 7 points in nine will be enough,I really disagree with you on that I am afraid Muzza but I hope you are right.

Well I hope Jimmy doesn't go in with that kind of team talk a draw would be a bonus.

We need to start winning some games regardless of who our opponents are to make up ground from the games we should have taken points from.

We are capable of taking points on our day and I want to start seeing that starting on Saturday.

I wouldn't expect Jimmy to go in with that team talk but I bet he'd take a point right now. I have no idea who Alloa are playing Saturday but a point would probably get us 8th again which is all anyone cares about at the moment.

I wouldn't expect Jimmy to go in with that team talk but I bet he'd take a point right now. I have no idea who Alloa are playing Saturday but a point would probably get us 8th again which is all anyone cares about at the moment.

Alloa are playing Raith.

But as you say we need to concentrate on our own club with trying to finish eighth.

Alloa are playing Raith.

But as you say we need to concentrate on our own club with trying to finish eighth.

Apart from beating us i don't think Alloa haven't won a league game since the start of November. If we can improve from woeful to pish we can get out of this.

Apart from beating us i don't think Alloa haven't won a league game since the start of November. If we can improve from woeful to pish we can get out of this.

What's to stop Alloa doing the same? If they do, then we have no chance and lets face it, Alloa usually have close results. It is much more likely for them to improve.

Surely it's irrelevant for us if we can buy a club with no home it's not going to make much of a difference?

I seen this article on BBC and unsure how it could impact on us in the future.

Think we would have first rights to buy the club back perhaps if the stock cars were to officially move on but obviously you need someone with the cash to buy the club?

That land is worth a fortune at Central Park. I don't see how it's viable for anyone to buy it and retain it as a football stadium.

Relocation of the ground is the only option - again that's a hugely expensive option but there are avenues for support of it it's a community project.

You wouldn't have thought the name of 'Cowdenbeath FC' would be expensive to buy - I'm sure I read it had no assets or liabilities of note so it's purely a name and strips. Could be wrong.

Archived