Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't think of many others at all to be played on a Sunday.

So we've got:-

Cowdenbeath (Fairbairn) 1 - 2 Airdrie (Di Giacomo x2) - Challenge Cup

Cowdenbeath (Toorie) 1 - 0 Elgin City - Division 3

Cowdenbeath 0 - 1 Partick Thistle (Doolan?) - Challenge Cup

Brechin City 0 - 3 Cowdenbeath (Mbu, Wardlaw x2) - Promotion Play Off Final

Dunfermline Athletic 0 - 3 Cowdenbeath (Hemmings, O'Brien, Stewart) - Promotion Play Off Final

East Stirlingshire (Kelly) 1-2 Cowdenbeath (McKenzie, Adamson) - Challenge Cup QF

Stranraer (Moore) 1 - 6 Cowdenbeath (Clarke x 5, Scullion) - Division 2

Back in season 77/78 we drew 1-1 with Partick Thistle in a Scottish Cup tie (they equalised in injury time) after playing Stenny in the league the day before. Both games were away from home. Imagine doing that now!

Think we also played Ayr in 1974 in a Scottish Cup game in our first ever official Sunday game and got pumped 5-0.

I can also remember us losing 1-0 to Cardiff City in a PSL in 1980 at Central Park. There will be quite a few Sunday friendly games when we went away on weekend tours.

Happy St Patrick's Day...

Pat Clarke produced a five-star performance to capitalise on some calamitous Stranraer defending.

Clarke got the first of his five goals after 13 seconds with a low shot, his second a minute later and completed his hat-trick inside 10 minutes.

Pat Scullion added a fourth when he rifled a shot past Black in the 16th minute. Stranraer replied with a Michael Moore goal in 31 minutes.

But it was Clarke's day and he added two second half goals.

I remember it well. The weather was not so good at the time, but as we headed to Stranraer it got sunnier and warmer the closer we got. It was bordering on summer weather when we got there.

I also remember going down to Berwick and pounding them 6-1 in April 87 and there were hardly any Cowden fans there (wasn't on a Sunday though).

I remember it well. The weather was not so good at the time, but as we headed to Stranraer it got sunnier and warmer the closer we got. It was bordering on summer weather when we got there.

I also remember going down to Berwick and pounding them 6-1 in April 87 and there were hardly any Cowden fans there (wasn't on a Sunday though).

Mind that game.

Former Newcastle Utd striker Michael Chopra has signed for Alloa.

Looks like they are pulling out all the stops to stay up.

If we had the resources Chopra would be a better punt than Nish.

Always a hit or a miss clubs signing 'big names' look at Riordan and O'Connor last season. The Indian season ended in December so he hasn't played since then and he was at Port Vale the other day on trial and they didn't take up the option of signing him.

Remember the midweek game at Berwick under Welsh? Denis McGlaughlin (sp?) scored 4.

I missed that :lol: I came home that day not feeling too good and decided not to go I was laid low for the next week with the worst bout of flu I've ever had in my life.

Edited to add it's spelt McLaughlin.

Based on what? Chopra hasn't scored a goal since 2013, he's overweight and will be on a huge wage. Sure Nish isn't very good but there's nothing to say Chopra will be. He will be in £1k a week plus.

I missed that :lol: I came home that day not feeling too good and decided not to go I was laid low for the next week with the worst bout of flu I've ever had in my life.

Edited to add it's spelt McLaughlin.

Was a 'local' midweek game for me for once and it was mentai. It was around the time things were pretty unsavoury in the Welsh regime. The pie lady was trying to start fights with the fans the following game.

Easily a better option and younger too. Will Nish even score for us? Wonder what the odds are?

Easily a better option and younger too. Will Nish even score for us? Wonder what the odds are?

We could very well find how well Chopra will do come our last game of the season.I really hope we are safe by that game as our record against Alloa this season has been appalling apart from our 3 2 victory

Was a 'local' midweek game for me for once and it was mentai. It was around the time things were pretty unsavoury in the Welsh regime. The pie lady was trying to start fights with the fans the following game.

I remember following the score :lol: I also missed the following 2 games that week when we lost 2-1 at home to Berwick then the following Tuesday when the QP boy scored from a kick off after we had lost a goal.

We could very well find how well Chopra will do come our last game of the season.I really hope we are safe by that game as our record against Alloa this season has been appalling apart from our 3 2 victory

If we don't beat Dumbarton and Alloa next time, then we deserve to go down. Despite our low points tally and woeful goal difference, we have had a few chances to move clear from the bottom two and we have blown it. Amazingly, we will have another chance by beating them and Livi, but I don't see anything to suggest we will beat the three of them!

If we don't beat Dumbarton and Alloa next time, then we deserve to go down. Despite our low points tally and woeful goal difference, we have had a few chances to move clear from the bottom two and we have blown it. Amazingly, we will have another chance by beating them and Livi, but I don't see anything to suggest we will beat the three of them!

Jimmy has been quoted as saying we need seven points from the next five games. We'll find out soon enough.

I remember following the score :lol: I also missed the following 2 games that week when we lost 2-1 at home to Berwick then the following Tuesday when the QP boy scored from a kick off after we had lost a goal.

Stuart Kettlewell was the Queens boy - now playing for Brora. He's done that a couple of times in his career! Poisonous night that.

Jimmy has been quoted as saying we need seven points from the next five games. We'll find out soon enough.

Not a hope in hell we will get 7 points from the next 5. I would take 4 points if you offered it to me now. Beat Dumbo at home and a point at Raith.

Not a hope in hell we will get 7 points from the next 5. I would take 4 points if you offered it to me now. Beat Dumbo at home and a point at Raith.

Home game against Livi straight after that but winning two of those would mean scoring at least two. I'm not holding my breath.

7 points from those three games would probably see us safe though. Alloa would need to win 3 games and the only play us once. I think we'll struggle to win another game this season with the chronic lack of chances we've created in the last few months.

Agreed. If Alloa lose tonight they have 7 games left whereas we have 9. Every point is massive. We need to be 4 points (at least) above them going into the last 2 games. I wouldn't fancy us in a final game showdown.

JN needs to change it. Take risks. Put 3 upfront or something, anything!

Put Toshney or Wedderburn upfront, because it clearly isn't working the way it is.

Archived