Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

It almost seems like the Cowden board have the fans wrapped round their finger. No doubting they have done a great job with limited finances but I'm seeing quite a lot of 'we'd be done without them' type posts on here. What's stopping another bunch of guys doing something similar? Do they provide lots of funding to keep you afloat? Genuine questions incase anyone thinks I'm trolling!

Nichol should be punted and an apology should be given to the loyal fans who had to sit through a mortifying 10-0 pumping. Absolutely no excuse for that.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It almost seems like the Cowden board have the fans wrapped round their finger. No doubting they have done a great job with limited finances but I'm seeing quite a lot of 'we'd be done without them' type posts on here. What's stopping another bunch of guys doing something similar? Do they provide lots of funding to keep you afloat? Genuine questions incase anyone thinks I'm trolling!

Nichol should be punted and an apology should be given to the loyal fans who had to sit through a mortifying 10-0 pumping. Absolutely no excuse for that.

Think you are doing a wee bit of trolling.

I'm having a break from going to watch Cowden for at least the next 3 or 4 games. I would rather spend time with my family on a Saturday afternoon than torture myself watching us play horrific and negative football.

The humiliating and embarrassing result against Hearts has just been brushed under the carpet by Jimmy so it would seem and we are just asked to turn up again like stunned sheep and get behind the team. A hundred or so Cowden fans spent their time and money going to Tynecastle on Saturday to watch that gutless and incompetent showing. No word of apology to them though.

I'm having a break from going to watch Cowden for at least the next 3 or 4 games. I would rather spend time with my family on a Saturday afternoon than torture myself watching us play horrific and negative football.

The humiliating and embarrassing result against Hearts has just been brushed under the carpet by Jimmy so it would seem and we are just asked to turn up again like stunned sheep and get behind the team. A hundred or so Cowden fans spent their time and money going to Tynecastle on Saturday to watch that gutless and incompetent showing. No word of apology to them though.

Coo I can several years ago when Cowden were pushing for promotion, they had an abysmal performance in a midweek home game against Forfar. I was so annoyed that I decided not to go back for a while. You were the one who told me not so be so daft.

The weekend just isn't the same if there isn't any fitba.

Keep the faith, not easy after the last few results but we could be playing a home game against East Stirling.

I've never seen Cowden playing against Hearts, Hibs or Rangers in a league game before and may not see it again.

Coo I can several years ago when Cowden were pushing for promotion, they had an abysmal performance in a midweek home game against Forfar. I was so annoyed that I decided not to go back for a while. You were the one who told me not so be so daft.

The weekend just isn't the same if there isn't any fitba.

Keep the faith, not easy after the last few results but we could be playing a home game against East Stirling.

I've never seen Cowden playing against Hearts, Hibs or Rangers in a league game before and may not see it again.

Thanks AC. I'm not giving up on supporting Cowden but I do need a breather from it just now. Will clear the heed and be back in a while. The Alloa and Queens games as well as Saturday's embarrassment have put a huge dent in my enthusiasm for the game just now.

The board have done a stunning job with the club under very challenging and unique circumstances. The big worry is if Donald leaves then that's pretty much it. No new stadium, no investment and we'll slowly slide back down the leagues.

I strongly believe in the board - I'm presuming Nicholl needs a big performance this weekend or that is that.

The board have done a stunning job with the club under very challenging and unique circumstances. The big worry is if Donald leaves then that's pretty much it. No new stadium, no investment and we'll slowly slide back down the leagues.

I strongly believe in the board - I'm presuming Nicholl needs a big performance this weekend or that is that.

Donald Findlay is the best signing we have ever made!

Donald Findlay is the best signing we have ever made!

If we every want our dream of a new stadium to happen then it will come thanks to Donald. My big fear is that if we do go down then he will walk as he'll feel like he's let everyone down. Hopefully it won't come to that....

I can see where you are all coming from guys after Saturday's performance but to suggest you are going down if you dont change your manager seems to me to a bit premature only on the basis that we really are just as rank except that we have managed to avoid any pummelings so far.

Our victory last week against yourselves was our first in 14 league games, in our last 12 league games we have scored only 4 goals and two of them were against Cowden last week, i have no confidence in us putting together any sort of run and i would not be the least bit surprised to see the battle for relegation along with Livingston going down to the last game of the season.

There is still a lot of football to be played, and in my opinion its too early to chuck in the towel, although from a purely selfish point of view i would be delighted if Cowden did :thumsup2

This is the point I've tried to make - people are saying that we are down already are ignoring the fact that despite us being God awful that we are still in tied 8th place. We won't be throwing in the towel until it is mathmatically impossible for us to survive. I did an article for the programme a few weeks back about the 3 bottom sides form since Christmas.

This is the most recent 10 matches for each side -

Alloa - 6 points - W1, D3, L6 - beat Cowden, drew with QOTS, Raith and Livi

Cowden - 7 points - W2, D1, L7 - beat QOTS & Dumbarton, drew with Livi

Livingston - 5 points - W1, D2, L7 - beat Dumbarton, drew with Alloa & Cowden

I think Dumbarton are going to play a big part in the upcoming fixtures. They're on as bad a run of form as Livingston right now. While we have a poor run of fixtures coming up if we can be within touching distance of Alloa then we have every chance.

Yes we are bad (or horrifically bad against Hearts!) - but so is everybody else.

Yes we are bad (or horrifically bad against Hearts!) - but so is everybody else.

Exactly. Alloa beat us recently but apart from that, they have barely taken a point elsewhere. Livi would still be below us, even if their 5-point deduction was added back on. All 3 teams at the bottom are finding points hard to come by. We just have to try and get our noses in front.

Giving up at this stage is lunacy. If I had been offered our current position before a ball was kicked I would have taken it like a shot.

For those of you who have decided not to get behind Cowden for a while or chucked in the towel or clear your head or whatever

Start to remember just for a second that Donald has asked us as fans to get behind the team to help achieve our common goals.

Yes it is not pleasant watching us

Yes we seem to be putting on gutless performances

However we must stick together and see this through until the end of the season as if it wasn't for Donald there would be no ambition for the club or probably no Cowdenbeath Fc as you know it to be perfectly blunt!

If the fans start taking the huff to me that says one thing to the board and Donald which is why should I continue to try my hardest to take this club forward when the club's own fans have turned their back on the club!

In the nicest possible terms please get a grip and unite together as one and help the club achieve what you probably didn't think was even achievable ten years ago.

I have only followed this club for 4 years and have as much passion for it as my former club if not probably more.

Forget your anger and keep thinking what we are trying to achieve.

Let's show our appreciation of the hard work of our board and back Cowden for the rest of the season and ensure our survival as if we are not in it together then quite frankly we put our club at risk

Please understand that this plea is not to be deemed patronising it is a fan who is passionate about his local club and wants to follow them for generations to come and who backs Donalds ambitious vision.

I personally don't want to see us grinding it out weekly against the likes of Albion Rovers,montrose etc in League Two as to put it bluntly in this climate a club of our size will never move forward in these leagues and it's own existence could be put in jeopardy.

I want to see a Cowdenbeath Football club where we can continue to be proud of establishing ourselves in the Championship

P.S I am just as peeved as everyone else in terms of the performances of our team at present just ask anyone who is in earshot or sits next to me at Central Park on a Saturday.I don't take to kindly to losing especially when the players aren't trying.I usually get caught up in the heat of the moment and roar regrettably but at least on here you get time to reflect.

Archived