Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we stay up this season and I hope it is under Jimmy I think a new manager will be brought into freshen things up. I speculate five potential candidates I think the chairman would go for.

Dick Campbell

Jimmy Calderwood

John Brown

Lee McCulloch Player Manager

Lee Makel

Worth a bit of debate.

Interesting,the top three no way,Makel and McCulloch are untried which i personally have no problem with.Look at the difference at Aberdeen and Dundee UTD under young managers.Hartley and Murray working wonders at Alloa/Dundee and Dumbarton.Alex Neill at Hamilton and now Norwich.Young hungry manager for me.

Lee McCulloch could seriously be possible as he is coming to the end of his footballing career.

Maybe I am being unfair to Makel as he hasn't been given a chance but maybe there is a reason for that and he is part of our poor run of form just now

Who do you think would be brought as manager in the future?

Hopefully the board get rid 2m, someone temp in charge. I still believe we have the players to survive. We wouldn't be short of applicants.

Ray MacKinnon has done a fantastic a job at Brechin

Aitken at Stranrear

Hopefully the board get rid 2m, someone temp in charge. I still believe we have the players to survive. We wouldn't be short of applicants.

Ray MacKinnon has done a fantastic a job at Brechin

Aitken at Stranrear

Yes Aitken and Mackinnon doing very well but only at League One level.Cameron done a great job at that level but not in the Championship but turning it the other way Hartley performed well at that level and has turned out to be a decent manager.

P.S I still believe we can stay in the league

John Brown and Dick Campbell were on the shortlist when Nicholl got the job first time round. It's a very worrying thought that either could be cry onsidered now.

I thought they would be considered.

My future candidates were only speculation and not a personal list of choices.

Although I would c consider two or three of them

John Brown and Dick Campbell were on the shortlist when Nicholl got the job first time round. It's a very worrying thought that either could be considered now.

No thanks. Bomber did his best to not get Dundee promoted and Campbell thinks his son is a player.

Would prefer someone untried and hungry rather than a dinosaur with obvious flaws.

I have calmed down a bit now. I feel so sorry for the Cowden fans who spent their money going to the game yesterday. I fully intended to be amongst them until the home game against Alloa. I still feel that Jimmy has to go after what I see as the worst result in our clubs history.

The buck stops with Jimmy as far as I'm concerned. Up until last week I had tried to keep the faith in him. Memories of that amazing day at East End Park may have been a factor. He might yet somehow keep us up by some miracle if he stays but I don't want to watch the terrible style of football we now play. It is dire. He has to go now .

I hope Cowden can recover from this. I think you can still stay up but I reckon you'll need to finish above the bottom two spots, looking at the form of the teams likely to get into the play-offs from the First Division.

Thank f**k i work next to a Motherwell fan.

Why would that hide your embarrassment? Time you were back amongst the seaside leagues where you just about belong

Archived