Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good for you. Please cut out the patronising comments. I'm sure that you don't mean it but I don't need any lecture from you about how I need to support Cowden. Many thanks .

Apologies and did not mean to sound patronising.

21 goals for 66 goals against. Jimmy Nicholl should show some honour and resign instead of hanging on. It's pathetic of him. What little respect I had left for him after he walked out on us after relegation 2010/2011 has gone.

Give Lee Makel his chance and prepare for next season. We are down. We are in a false position and the team with the lowest goals for with the highest goals against gets relegated.

Jimmy Nicholl is the man responsible for this mess.

The goals we have conceded is horrendous.

However Lee Makel has some responsibility with our current situation as well.He is involved in training etc.

I like Jimmy and we do owe him a debt for keeping us up last season.

But the last few weeks have been poor, dumbarton excepted, the sad thing is that I have lost respect for Jimmy. After yesterday, I would expect him to walk. Going by the radio interview he gave, he has no intention of walking.

Maybe it's because at his age and with his recent record at Cowden and Hibs, he won't get another job but he should show respect to Club and fans and resign and leave with some dignity.

I did hear a whisper allegedly via a player that James Fowler wants him as assistant at QoS. If true and he is just stringing us along taking the money till he gets it sorted, I will be very angry.

It's simple. Teams with our goal difference get relegated. The only reason we are not cast adrift is down to Livi's cheating. The only thing that will save us from bottom is if Livi are given further punishment for the other offences.

Changing the manager does not always work, but sometimes it does and right now it is our only hope. We have nothing to lose and are fortunate that we are not already down.

I would love to see JN turn things around, but the Alloa game was vital and we were woeful. That was the game that mattered, not yesterday.

To lose 10( yes 10 ) - 0 to any team in the same league as you is unacceptable. I used to repect Jimmy Nic but if he refuses to walk after such an utter humiliation then he deserves no respect from anybody. Do we really want somebody like that in charge of our team? My tickets for the Rangers game are now ripped up and in the bin. We are a laughing stock.

Worst thing about all of this is that Jimmy is such a nice guy. The Queens game was a similar shambles.

But worst of all was the Alloa game, had we won that things wouldn't seem nearly so bad.

Has anyone ever seen a game where the same team scored from three penalties, two of them coming within a minute?

Raith beat Stirling Albion 5 - 4 back in the 70's IIRC there were four penalties and we had three of them.

Cowden fans are hurting right now and with just cause. Funny as it may sound when news came thro to us of Hearts running up a cricket score I don't think there was one Sons fan who was anything other than sympathetic; it could have been one of a couple of sides and we've still to go there in a fortnight.

To all of you who are tempted to throw in the towel/season ticket - DON'T ! As someone has already pointed out the club is the thing; players, managers, Directors, fans come and go but the football club must go on. You can also take pride in the fact that like ourselves life is a perennial struggle but at least we pay our way. We are both currently punching above our weight and we should remember that.

Get the heads up guys.....

Cowden fans are hurting right now and with just cause. Funny as it may sound when news came thro to us of Hearts running up a cricket score I don't think there was one Sons fan who was anything other than sympathetic; it could have been one of a couple of sides and we've still to go there in a fortnight.

To all of you who are tempted to throw in the towel/season ticket - DON'T ! As someone has already pointed out the club is the thing; players, managers, Directors, fans come and go but the football club must go on. You can also take pride in the fact that like ourselves life is a perennial struggle but at least we pay our way. We are both currently punching above our weight and we should remember that.

Get the heads up guys.....

Fair points and cheers. However, it's difficult to take pride when the man in charge seems to think it's no big deal getting double figures shipped against us, with a board who have backed him and appear to continue backing him, when it's clear the players aren't interested in playing for him.

I'm disgusted he's still at the club. I'm nearly disgusted with the board for not sacking him with immediate effect.

I have filled the hospitality room next week. half the folk coming have never been to central or a cowden game.

What the f**k am i bringing them too?

If jimmy does stay and we go a goal down, the atmosphere will be poisonous.

My opinion is an amicable agreement has to be reached early in the week. Theres no way back now. Ten nil is inexcusable.

Raith beat Stirling Albion 5 - 4 back in the 70's IIRC there were four penalties and we had three of them.

Don't know about scoring 3 penalties, but Martin Palermo (FM legend) missed 3 penalties in the same game.

Cowden fans are hurting right now and with just cause. Funny as it may sound when news came thro to us of Hearts running up a cricket score I don't think there was one Sons fan who was anything other than sympathetic; it could have been one of a couple of sides and we've still to go there in a fortnight.To all of you who are tempted to throw in the towel/season ticket - DON'T ! As someone has already pointed out the club is the thing; players, managers, Directors, fans come and go but the football club must go on. You can also take pride in the fact that like ourselves life is a perennial struggle but at least we pay our way. We are both currently punching above our weight and we should remember that.Get the heads up guys.....

Cheers for that. The fans all support the club. The manager and most of the players will be gone next season no matter what happens. Don't think we will be the last team to get a thumping from Hearts either, I certainly won't be throwing the towel in.

Further from my point earlier it's the club that matters as I have said not Jimmy.

Let's see what action the board will take

Personally as hard as a task as it is he will be asked to at least achieve a point against Rangers.Yes that is a hard ask of him but he is responsible from the current state of the team

Remember the club is key and keeping our current board onside.We don't really know what will be going on behind closed doors but I am confident our Chairman will not allow our club to be relegated without a fight so it's a case of wait and see over the coming days.

Cowden fans are hurting right now and with just cause. Funny as it may sound when news came thro to us of Hearts running up a cricket score I don't think there was one Sons fan who was anything other than sympathetic; it could have been one of a couple of sides and we've still to go there in a fortnight.To all of you who are tempted to throw in the towel/season ticket - DON'T ! As someone has already pointed out the club is the thing; players, managers, Directors, fans come and go but the football club must go on. You can also take pride in the fact that like ourselves life is a perennial struggle but at least we pay our way. We are both currently punching above our weight and we should remember that.Get the heads up guys.....

Many thanks for that. I'm not giving up on Cowden but I'm hurting like hell just now. I have always been proud to support Cowden but I have hated watching us this season. To lose 10- 0 is the final straw for me as far as Jimmy Nic goes. We play the most negative and boring style of football under him. Look at our goal difference. We hardly ever score and ship goals for fun.

Why would any manager stay after taking a pumping like that? He just shrugs his shoulders and talks the usual guff about believing in the players. Well they sure don't believe in you Jimmy as we can see by what they offer up on the park.

Archived