Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Well the answer is that the Directors decide what happens to the cash/profits made by the club - so the fans running the club have control of that. That has been the case for 3/4 years now. In theory of course the owners could possibly call a general meeting and use their majority shareholding to take control of the Board/club. However, they would then need to run the football club themselves - that brings complexity in terms of time, money, rules, contracts, people, fan support, etc.

That's what I thought. The B's are happy to let someone else run the team and deal with all the hassles. I doubt that they ever imagined that the football side of things would ever make money.

If the football operations made a horrendous loss, what would the B's do?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also it is a real let down that the people who own the company and have the vast majority shareholding for our Football Club charge us to play at Central Park.

I dont personally see a bright future whilst the Brewsters seem to be holding a gun to the clubs head and could technically regain control the club as described earlier.

I don't imagine that the Brewsters will want to sell Central Park etc. anytime soon since they're receiving a decent income in the form of rent from the football club and even more money from the stock cars.

I think it's fair to say that the Brewsters priorities lie with the stock cars more than the football club, especially considering that it was only a couple of years ago since the stock car track was invested in.

Despite our negative views with the clubs ownership status I have no doubt our Board will continue to work hard to allow our club to move forward in the manner it has over the past couple of years,despite the hurdles that exist.

Credit to all at the club.

I remember sitting in Broad Street bowling club at a meeting a few years back now and feeling more depressed than I have ever felt as a Cowden fan . More depressed than when Queens Park beat us on the last day of the season many moons ago to prevent us going up, more depressed than when I watched Queen of the South seemingly destroy our hopes of staying up with that goal deep into injury time. It looked like we were possibly going out of existence and Spartans were about to take our place in the history of Scottish football. Big Stuart did all he could to rally the troops that day and somehow the wagons were circled and we survived.

Since then the board, supporters, managers and players have achieved more than I could ever have imagined. Promotions, a championship and survival in the Championship at the best possible time ever. I never saw that coming years ago watching us getting pumped by Gretna.

No need to feel depressed. We are where we are and what a season we have ahead of us. We are in a far better position than we were a little while ago and we have good people running the club and the team.

I remember sitting in Broad Street bowling club at a meeting a few years back now and feeling more depressed than I have ever felt as a Cowden fan . More depressed than when Queens Park beat us on the last day of the season many moons ago to prevent us going up, more depressed than when I watched Queen of the South seemingly destroy our hopes of staying up with that goal deep into injury time. It looked like we were possibly going out of existence and Spartans were about to take our place in the history of Scottish football. Big Stuart did all he could to rally the troops that day and somehow the wagons were circled and we survived.

Since then the board, supporters, managers and players have achieved more than I could ever have imagined. Promotions, a championship and survival in the Championship at the best possible time ever. I never saw that coming years ago watching us getting pumped by Gretna.

No need to feel depressed. We are where we are and what a season we have ahead of us. We are in a far better position than we were a little while ago and we have good people running the club and the team.

Well said Coo the board are all fans and do a fab job nothing has changed so lets look forward to the season and enjoy the best championship for years

So what was all that stuff about: that an announcement was imminent to the effect that the board had bought the club and a 3G pitch was on its way? Please, no more unsubstantiated rumours about the future of the club that simply raise fans' hopes then dash them. All it takes is one phone call to the club to check it out.

Thought I would just pop in to say, the rumour of Dougie Hill joining you lot for next season is finished.

He signed another 1 yr contract with us last night.

Carrecttt. Think he got something sorted. You guys wanted him to go in one day a week to train full time and it wouldnt cover his losses of day job or something..

Hes promised not to score against us again though......

So what was all that stuff about: that an announcement was imminent to the effect that the board had bought the club and a 3G pitch was on its way? Please, no more unsubstantiated rumours about the future of the club that simply raise fans' hopes then dash them. All it takes is one phone call to the club to check it out.

I'll second that. Not good. Just when we thought a great end to a season was going to get even better.

To be fair absolutely everything you read on here should be taken with a pinch of salt. It's an Internet forum.

Why would anyone post that there is going to be an announcement if they didn't believe it to be true? Not everything posted on here is incorrect.

Why would anyone post that there is going to be an announcement if they didn't believe it to be true? Not everything posted on here is incorrect.

For a laugh or bites?

Anyone can say what they want on here, nothing is gospel. You can hardly demand folk only post info that is 100% true. Infact that will probably cause the shite talking to increase as they know it winds folk up. Unless it comes from a trustworthy or reliable source i'd tend to rubbish it.

Has Flynn signed a new contract with you guys?

For a laugh or bites?

Anyone can say what they want on here, nothing is gospel. You can hardly demand folk only post info that is 100% true. Infact that will probably cause the shite talking to increase as they know it winds folk up. Unless it comes from a trustworthy or reliable source i'd tend to rubbish it.

Has Flynn signed a new contract with you guys?

Heard he was away to Dumbo. Am i trustworthy and reliable.

Archived