Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe the Brewster's paid roughly £4 million to McD for everything and they still own the lot.

I would have thought that they could cream off any extra money we make this season if they want to.

I believe the Brewster's paid roughly £4 million to McD for everything and they still own the lot.

I would have thought that they could cream off any extra money we make this season if they want to.

Must be the biggest pig in a poke ever. Not worth much now.

I just don't understand how Donald could say we will be able to increase the budget, put in a new pitch of the money doesn't stay within the football club. It doesn't make sense. The club must be a separate entity which pays £1k plus VAT for the use of Central Park. It has to be.

The deal, because of the economic downturn not long after this, left the Brewster's in a very precarious position. That's why they suddenly took more interest in the cash cow which is the stock cars. I believe it was the only real revenue they had at the time.

As far as I know, the football side of things is separate from the stockies and ground, but the Brewster's still own it all. They probably did not expect the team to make any money. Likewise, they would not fund any deficit.

The deal, because of the economic downturn not long after this, left the Brewster's in a very precarious position. That's why they suddenly took more interest in the cash cow which is the stock cars. I believe it was the only real revenue they had at the time.

As far as I know, the football side of things is separate from the stockies and ground, but the Brewster's still own it all. They probably did not expect the team to make any money. Likewise, they would not fund any deficit.

Possibly some form of contract was drawn up to say that the board would run the club and it's income /expenditure. Saved the Brewsters from having to be involved and as you say, they probably felt we would struggle and make no money. They get rent from us and the 3G pitch would cost them nothing. Wonder if the rent will go up now though ?

I thought when McD sold the club, part of the deal was for McD to give some of the proceeds to the cost of our new ground when the Brewsters sold the land for the development of mini retail estate. Was this ever true?

I thought when McD sold the club, part of the deal was for McD to give some of the proceeds to the cost of our new ground when the Brewsters sold the land for the development of mini retail estate. Was this ever true?

No there was no formal agreement to that effect. In essence it was anticipated that the planning consent from the Council would require a new ground to be built for the club in order for a supermarket development to go ahead. Thus the new owners would need to fund a new ground but even with that there would be a good development profit - the property crash and subsequent events ruled that likelihood out.

Ah I see. Think what I saw in paper was just council grant. Cheers.

In theory club could afford 100,000 now with income this season but would need to buy stadium first.

Scottish Football Partnership funding at a level of 60% is potentially available for purposes such as installing a new pitch. Thus if it cost £500k the Council would be making up the difference. SFP though need to agree funding before any project starts and it has to be paid for first then they reimburse up to 60% of the spend.

The Brewster family owns Innovate (Cowdenbeath) Ltd. Innovate owns and operates the stock car business, it owns c87% of Cowdenbeath FC, it owns Central Park and Cowdenbeath paid £18,900 plus VAT to Innovate as rent to play at Central Park last season. The board of Cowdenbeath FC is 100% populated by fans - the Brewsters are not Directors or Board Members. The Board of CFC fully run the club.

Genuine question then Dave, what happens to any profits this season? Can they simply be distributed however Innovate wish? What's to say that the club will actually benefit from this? Could they simply take their 87% of this a return on their investment.

Cheers for the answers!

Genuine question then Dave, what happens to any profits this season? Can they simply be distributed however Innovate wish? What's to say that the club will actually benefit from this? Could they simply take their 87% of this a return on their investment.

Cheers for the answers!

Well the answer is that the Directors decide what happens to the cash/profits made by the club - so the fans running the club have control of that. That has been the case for 3/4 years now. In theory of course the owners could possibly call a general meeting and use their majority shareholding to take control of the Board/club. However, they would then need to run the football club themselves - that brings complexity in terms of time, money, rules, contracts, people, fan support, etc.

Only way for the football club to dictate its own destiny is to buy the Brewster's out or move elsewhere then? We can't afford either of those options though, so it's pretty depressing not being in control 100%.

Archived