Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe we aren't but we try our best to be.

Go on the Raith thread they say the same, as do Dumbarton, as do Hibs. Hearts even have fans moaning about them. Chelsea have boo'd their own team this season. Celtic get £15k turning up to watch them. Why are you so surprised? There's far more important things.

Last few years for us has been a bit of a golden era under nichol, cameron then nichol again. My issue is some fans seem to just never have been happy with either of them

its no coincidence they both got success fom loan signings and both had some leftfield transfer gambles that didn't really work. It proves even with these 2 big names in scottish football how difficult it is to get players to commit to a contract with us.

It seems its only 1 bad performance away from angry shouts at the manager. Recently we lost 1 nil at ibrox (no disgrace) beat qos away ( huge result) then lost 2 hearts 2nil but played well ( again no disgrace) there wasn't much in the dumbarton game before the red card but wasnt our best performance and thats enough for the shouts to start.

Last few years for us has been a bit of a golden era under nichol, cameron then nichol again. My issue is some fans seem to just never have been happy with either of themits no coincidence they both got success fom loan signings and both had some leftfield transfer gambles that didn't really work. It proves even with these 2 big names in scottish football how difficult it is to get players to commit to a contract with us.It seems its only 1 bad performance away from angry shouts at the manager. Recently we lost 1 nil at ibrox (no disgrace) beat qos away ( huge result) then lost 2 hearts 2nil but played well ( again no disgrace) there wasn't much in the dumbarton game before the red card but wasnt our best performance and thats enough for the shouts to start.

Spot on Al we are punching well above our weight but still holding our own at the moment in this league. Finishing 8th in the Championship would be a huge success for us which is where we occupy at the moment.

Mon the Cowden

Spot on Al we are punching well above our weight but still holding our own at the moment in this league. Finishing 8th in the Championship would be a huge success for us which is where we occupy at the moment.

Mon the Cowden

Finishing eighth will do nicely!

Exciting times to be a Cowden fan.

Finishing 8th in the Championship would be a huge success for us which is where we occupy at the moment.

Mon the Cowden

Finishing 8th would be great but the current squad once loan players and CM go isn't good enough to stay there. So, in order to stay up we need to re-strengthen the team. One big problem is that we only have one loan singing available to us now so we must sign players which the board have said is ok. The quality of these signings will decide if we stay up or not. Hopefully youtube won't be the only evidence used to sign players.

Finishing 8th would be great but the current squad once loan players and CM go isn't good enough to stay there. So, in order to stay up we need to re-strengthen the team. One big problem is that we only have one loan singing available to us now so we must sign players which the board have said is ok. The quality of these signings will decide if we stay up or not. Hopefully youtube won't be the only evidence used to sign players.

your right there. Cant afford to sign another jurisic or espanolas.

Like to think that since ill be in my mid forties this coming year my reactionary & at times WUM posts will be a thing of the past... I think having seen cowden 4 times I'm in a position to judge...here it is...pfac game you didn't deserve to lose SC you did but didn't really have a go that day...first game of the season could have went either way & you got blown away the 6 scud game...I don't think you will go down automatically as you are better than livi... But I think you'll be 2nd bottom

Unless we get some better players in quickly, we will be second bottom for sure and lucky to avoid bottom. The team we have now is nothing like as good as the team we had a few weeks ago.

Like to think that since ill be in my mid forties this coming year my reactionary & at times WUM posts will be a thing of the past... I think having seen cowden 4 times I'm in a position to judge...here it is...pfac game you didn't deserve to lose SC you did but didn't really have a go that day...first game of the season could have went either way & you got blown away the 6 scud game...I don't think you will go down automatically as you are better than livi... But I think you'll be 2nd bottom

All correct... except the finishing position

Permanent or on loan?! If it's a loan I assume that's our last loan signing of the season as that will be 5.

Edit: just saw he was released by St Mirren so it would make sense. A vast improvement on Chris Kane so I'm happy enough.

Archived