Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Ah I see. Think what I saw in paper was just council grant. Cheers.

In theory club could afford 100,000 now with income this season but would need to buy stadium first.

That is defo a must. The problem is how.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wary that all that cost on a 3G pitch is harder to maintain if the stock cars damage it than some turf unless we have a claus with them. And that we widen it though who knows how.

ETA the unfinished post...

With the news that Watson has re-signed for us then the rumours of Hill possibly going to Cowden would seem quite possible now. Not sure what Cowden's situation is with CB's and signings in that department so far.

The Brewsters payed a good few million pounds for Cowdenbeath FC, Central Park and more importantly for them the land upon which it sits. No way do we have the money to purchase Central Park from them. As long as they don't choose to develop on the site the Stockies will remain. We don't even actually own Cowdenbeath FC as far as I know but just run it as a going concern. I know that the board made a bid to buy back the club a while back but this was rejected by the Brewsters. Perhaps buying the club back is the first logical step ?

If any of this is wrong then I'm happy to be corrected. I'm just going by what was said at the meeting in Partners a few seasons back.

With the news that Watson has re-signed for us then the rumours of Hill possibly going to Cowden would seem quite possible now. Not sure what Cowden's situation is with CB's and signings in that department so far.

It's possible, but I don't see why Watson re-signing makes it any more possible.

The Brewsters payed a good few million pounds for Cowdenbeath FC, Central Park and more importantly for them the land upon which it sits.

When did this happen and what happened to the proceeds of the sale?

I thought the club was bought from the Brewsters? It's just that it has no home. In reality the club 'Cowdenbeath Fc' is a name with no fixed assets so means little.

It is also a business with a turnover and assets though. Also remember that the Brewsters were considering selling Cowdenbeath FC on to Spartans and we would have disappeared. If we own the club then at least that can't happen. The Brewsters were offered about 50k for the club a few years ago but refused so I'm thinking that it means more than a little.

It is also a business with a turnover though. Also remember that the Brewsters were going to sell us on to another club and we would have disappeared. If we own the club then at least that can't happen. They were offered about 50k for the club but refused so I'm thinking that it means more than a little.

Yeah which I'm sure is independent from the Brewsters.

Yeah which I'm sure is independent from the Brewsters.

What makes you think that ? As far as I'm aware the Brewsters wanted nothing to do with running the club and allowed our board to do this as it was less of a pain for them. I am still under the impression that they own the club. I may well be wrong in assuming that but someone must own it.

The Brewsters on the club and its SFA license (or whatever its called) along with the ground and the players registrations. They let the board run the club as they have no interest in running a football club.

Thats why we're in the odd situation of the club essentially being run by fans (i.e. The current board). It does have the advantage of the board being sensible and not chasing dreams to try and make cash etc. as there's no way they can benefit.

The directors also put their own money in to help the club without owning it which says a hell of a lot for them. Without them and Donald Findlay we would have been screwed by now. The effort put in by them and our loyal group of supporters, volunteers etc is astounding. Another reason to be proud of Cowdenbeath FC.

Staying up in the Championship is miraculous when you think about our circumstances and the size of our support. It's also an opportunity to build and take us forward to a more secure future.

Archived