Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trilogy is complete, Steven: 1. Black Diamonds and the Blue Brazil 2. Helicopter Dreams 3. The new edition of BDBB which is much more than a reprint. Forewords by Sir Alex Ferguson, Craig Brown, Jim Leishman and poet-theologian Kathy Galloway (who doesn't like fitba). I've just finished the proofs.

The trilogy finished, I can now retire from public life. In fact, I'll spend the rest of my days indoors in my onesie watching the highlights of Dunfermline v Cowden in the play-offs and awaiting the Nobel Prize you have promised me (alongside that other Cowden-supporting Nobel Laureate Aung San Suu Kyi). That historic game in which we put the presumptuous Pars firmly in their place was without doubt one of the best days in my life as a Cowden supporter - up there with Helicopter Saturday. This is a great era in which to be a Cowden supporter, and we should enjoy next season to the full. (The pain of any hammerings will be assuaged by the size of the cheques.) I hope the momentum and the money will help advance the stadium cause. Anyway, I've just bought my season ticket (with discount for being auld :)).

Nice try. Methinks the great man doth protesteth too much.The digitally re-mastered version of 'Star wars' with added scenes is not a new film. I don't believe the Townie Ayatollah would issue a Fatwa against yersel' meaning you had to go into hiding in say, a small island in the Orkneys, with a 24-hour security detail at the tax-payers expense.

How about 'The Blue Brazil and a post card from Switzerland' or 'The Blue Brazil III - The Wrath of Kane '

Heard that there is to be an announcement tomorrow. Bought the ground , 3G pitch ???

Hearing so many rumours. I got told that the Brewsters have told us that none of the pie shops will be getting opened next season, mobile caterers would have to be brought in.

Hearing so many rumours. I got told that the Brewsters have told us that none of the pie shops will be getting opened next season, mobile caterers would have to be brought in.

Wow, that really would be something. Never mind the pies, what about the soup?

Don't know if there is anything in this but it would seem strange on their part given that we would have big crowds against the 2 Edinburgh sides and Rangers plenty of money to be made out of their pie shops.

Don't know if there is anything in this but it would seem strange on their part given that we would have big crowds against the 2 Edinburgh sides and Rangers plenty of money to be made out of their pie shops.

Any news on the announcement? Even when it is?

We certainly won't have an artificial surface in place for next season...too late for planning due to the play-offs.

Next season seems very realistic.

As for going for Gary Fisher, I would doubt he would be as good as the last time he was at CP.

Heard that there is to be an announcement tomorrow. Bought the ground , 3G pitch ???

C'mon, silkybeath, hard facts? Otherwise this is simply raising false hopes.

No hard facts was just told by a friend. Was hoping someone else knew something. With regards to 3G, a rep last month from SFA told me the money was there and all that was holding it back was the go ahead from Cowdenbeath.

Dont know if thats entirely true mate.

Was in the paper month or so ago that Cowden have been allocated a 200,000 grant for 3g pitch. Does that not mean the club has to fund the rest, im guessing another 300,000?

We need to fund 100,000 as SFA, football partnership and council covering rest

Ah I see. Think what I saw in paper was just council grant. Cheers.

In theory club could afford 100,000 now with income this season but would need to buy stadium first.

Archived