Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

The facts are without Greg and Kane we would have been relegated. Singing a lot of the current squad is great but it's a squad that finished second bottom and conceded a silly amount of goals. Will we replace Greg and Kane? Probably not. So where do we compensate for that lack in quality?

JN has a huge job on his hands but we should be favourites for the drop. To say we will be better than the Rovers is ridiculous.

Rovers only finished two points above us, won the same number of games and were on the slide at the end of the season. Yes we have to replace our two strikers but we are supposed to be bringing players in. The Rovers fans seem to have lost confidence in the manager, they will finish in the bottom three. If we cannot set a target of finishing above them what's the point?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greg and Kane are the best front two i have seen in my time watching the club,no doubt about that.They both deserve their moves and hopefully they do great.However struggling away at the foot of the league was caused by a lot of bizarre team selections and playing players constantly out of their best positions.How many points did constantly changing the keeper cost us.A squad full of centre mids playing wide was a feature of this season.Jimmy opted for the 352 and that was a great decision for our squad,but it took big Al to have a wee word with him to get the right players in those positions to make it work.TOB is the perfect holding mid and we should build our midfield round him.The front two get all the plaudits,and rightly so,but our midfield won the game on Sunday.They completely bossed the best part of that Pars side.The players that have resigned is fantastic news and Brownlie is a brilliant signing.He will become a terrific centre half if he keeps working hard.Staying in the championship was the financial coup our club desperately needed.Lets go and enjoy next season,we have earned it.

David Blunkett then.

Is he not your keeper?

The assumption that Raith Rovers will finish above us is a dodgy one. Rovers seem to be on a downward spiral, lacking confidence in their manager. We beat you at San Starko towards the end of the season. We have lost our front two who have been eceptional, but most teams at our level lose their best players.Puzzlingly, It took Jimmy Nic a while to work out his best side, playing in their right positions, but once he did our team went on an unbeaten run - under huge pressure - and stayed in the Championship after emphatically putting Dunfermline to the sword on their own turf.

I'm not predicting that we will finish above Raith Rovers - who knows? I'm simply questioning an assumption about Raith's superiority that seems to be based on wishful thinking.

Greg and Kane are the best front two i have seen in my time watching the club,no doubt about that.They both deserve their moves and hopefully they do great.However struggling away at the foot of the league was caused by a lot of bizarre team selections and playing players constantly out of their best positions.How many points did constantly changing the keeper cost us.A squad full of centre mids playing wide was a feature of this season.Jimmy opted for the 352 and that was a great decision for our squad,but it took big Al to have a wee word with him to get the right players in those positions to make it work.TOB is the perfect holding mid and we should build our midfield round him.The front two get all the plaudits,and rightly so,but our midfield won the game on Sunday.They completely bossed the best part of that Pars side.The players that have resigned is fantastic news and Brownlie is a brilliant signing.He will become a terrific centre half if he keeps working hard.Staying in the championship was the financial coup our club desperately needed.Lets go and enjoy next season,we have earned it.

Dead right, well said.

Couldn't have put it better. A fit Brownlie is key to tightening up at the back and Kenny needs to be disciplined wide left as he doesn't have the pace that McKeown had to bale him out. Some strikers are now key to retaining the team that went in such a run at the end of the season.

JN has a huge job on his hands but we should be favourites for the drop. To say we will be better than the Rovers is ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous at all, our twat of a manager is still here, he's a clueless c**t who nearly got a decent team relegated. I can't see it changing until he's out the door unfortunately.

To all the many fans, board and players that sponsored me for the stuart juner foundation.

Thank you so much for your sponsorship.

I am delighted to say I completed the marathon today.

I am also delighted to say I will never have to run a marathon ever again.

Respect to you all.

will post a final total when all monies collected and of course its not too late if anyone still wanted to sponsor.

Thanks again.

mon the accies

Seeing as the Championship is going to be a way more competitive and interesting league than the SPL, I expect the loan market is going to be exceptional. SPL clubs will be able to blood their younsters against Sevco, Hearts & Hibs in front of the TV cameras. There will be some real talent available. Cowden have developed a reputation, over the last few years, of being a big hitter in both the managerial and player nursery. Clubs will, hopefully, be queueing up to send their players to the Fife Maracana to learn the footballing school of hard knocks. We have an excellent manager and will do well.

Now that Black Diamonds & the Blue Brazil is being re-printed, have you started the 3rd Book in the trilogy, Kierky?

P.S. The compadres suggestions for a title, go for it !

Initial & slightly drunken suggestion would be 'Steve McQueen and the Blue Brazil', but will give more thought to it.

To all the many fans, board and players that sponsored me for the stuart juner foundation.

Thank you so much for your sponsorship.

I am delighted to say I completed the marathon today.

I am also delighted to say I will never have to run a marathon ever again.

Respect to you all.

will post a final total when all monies collected and of course its not too late if anyone still wanted to sponsor.

Thanks again.

mon the accies

No problem Al - Well Done.

Archived