Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumbarton rejects hahahahahahahhahaha.

Harsh and also untrue.

Petrie was never rejected by Dumbarton as he was never their player in the first place and as for Megginson, Dumbarton offered him a contract, he signed for us. So who have we signed that are Dumbarton rejects?

Anyway, I reckon Spence is a brilliant signing for you, he should definately score a lot of goals in that league. And hopefully we see you The following season back in the championship.

Good Luck for the season ahead guys.

Petrie is gang. Hilarious how Raith fans are wanking sare over McKinnon he's done absolutely f**k all. Raith will finish in the bottom half without any doubt whatsoever bookmark this.

Spence is a quality bit of business for Cowden though he will do well at this level.

Really hope Greig does well at Cowden. Loads of ability, but often doesn't seem up for it and doesn't work hard enough. Playing beside big Nish might just work out for him.

Harsh and also untrue.

Petrie was never rejected by Dumbarton as he was never their player in the first place and as for Megginson, Dumbarton offered him a contract, he signed for us. So who have we signed that are Dumbarton rejects?

Anyway, I reckon Spence is a brilliant signing for you, he should definately score a lot of goals in that league. And hopefully we see you The following season back in the championship.

Petrie was a bit of a reject, he enjoyed very limited game time with us and we made absolutely no attempt to keep him. Mitch wasn't, although he wasn't getting regular starts towards the end of the season.

Anyhoo, Spence looks to be an excellent signing, his goal stats over the years make pretty impressive reading and I'd be surprised if he wasn't a success at Central Park. Him and Nish could work well together.

Hamilton 12 starts 5 goals

Raith 39 starts 23 goals

Alloa 25 starts 17 goals

Granted his stats are less impressive when you count appearances from the bench, but start him and it looks like he'll score.

Edit, forgot to add: #Baller #Zings #NandosLAD

Hamilton 12 starts 5 goals

Raith 39 starts 23 goals

Alloa 25 starts 17 goals

Those Alloa stats don't look right tbh. Maybe they are and his goals in the Challenge Cup have bumped the overall return up.

Those Alloa stats don't look right tbh. Maybe they are and his goals in the Challenge Cup have bumped the overall return up.

They should be, his challenge cup record is tremendous. You can making just about anything look good or bad if you manipulate the stats correctly!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=51732

Is that the new strip Spence is wearing on twitter?

That's our strip from 2013/14. The one we wore at Beast End when we did the townies.

They should be, his challenge cup record is tremendous. You can making just about anything look good or bad if you manipulate the stats correctly!

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=51732

It's the same with the stats from his time at Rovers. A good few of his goals for us were as a sub. He was generally ineffectual from the start but his work rate caused tiring defences problems when he came off the bench. Hopeless finisher though and a first touch to match.

Harsh and also untrue.

Petrie was poor and not interested.

Meg had a terrible season but their is a player in there, was our top scorer the year before from left midfield. Good luck to him but I'm shocked he's went full time.

Anyway don't know what the cowden lad is giving it, they took the proper reject, Nish, and made him the manager !!!!

Do you think Nish will be playing during games every week even though he is a player manager? I prefer watching games when he is playing rather than just standing in the bench.

I just want to ask this to everyone, as I am going to buy a season ticket if he is still playing, but not going to buy the ticket if he is just managing.

Do you think Nish will be playing during games every week even though he is a player manager? I prefer watching games when he is playing rather than just standing in the bench.

I just want to ask this to everyone, as I am going to buy a season ticket if he is still playing, but not going to buy the ticket if he is just managing.

He'll still play. We can't afford a non-playing manager.

He'll still play. We can't afford a non-playing manager.

Thank you for your reply. Do you think there will be some friendly games during July and August? If so, when can we find out?

BTW, I got some copy of this week's Central Fife Times. The back page is about Big Nishy. The title is 'Cowden's new boss aims to be up there challenging' and has a good photo too. I got 3 copies. I am keeping one copy. Does anyone want to buy the copy from me :lol:

Archived