Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Well if Nish is going to play he needs a young pacy partner upfront like Buchanan or Gallagher. I think Wighton would be a great loan signing aswell.

Surely with the money situation the team will rely more on guys like Johnstone and Callaghan to step up this season.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Simple fact, if you want to see better players attracted to Cowden this season, then the fans will have to provide the funds. Get involved in the "Roof Fall Fund" that is being set up just now. Basically stump up or shut up! Obviously we're depending on the manager to spend wisely if we can generate decent cash from this fund.

Yes simply listing who we should or could sign doesn't really help that much

No wonder thn Gallagher declined to come back everyone knew by thn supporters an player tht we were going to go down with the manager we had sadly. If Donald can persuade him back now he have a new manager could make a name for himself like Hemmings did an get a bigger move if he bangs in alot of goals which in this league a think he would for sure.. Ano prob a long shot but stranger things have happened..

Gallagher didn't decline to come back, he was keen to stay with Cowden. It was Rangers who took him back and didn't want to loan him out again

Simple fact, if you want to see better players attracted to Cowden this season, then the fans will have to provide the funds. Get involved in the "Roof Fall Fund" that is being set up just now. Basically stump up or shut up! Obviously we're depending on the manager to spend wisely if we can generate decent cash from this fund.

Definitely need to raise funds but the tone of stump up or shut up is a little harsh and will engage no one with that tone.We need to encourage people to raise funds for the fund.I am sure you are saying it with jest though.

The stump up or shut up would be better aimed at if the club received critiscism for not bringing in a certain calibre of players which was actually down to the club not having enough funds to do so.

Personally for me like a lot of other core supporters I pay my season ticket,attend sportsmans member of 100 club,actively volunteer and entitled to debate who we could possibly bring in.

David, can I do season ticket with bank transfer?

You can purchase via Football Nation via card Ron but you are best to speak to David privately as I don't know if such purchases are a nuisance to the club?

Definitely need to raise funds but the tone of stump up or shut up is a little harsh and will engage no one with that tone.We need to encourage people to raise funds for the fund.I am sure you are saying it with jest though.

The stump up or shut up would be better aimed at if the club received critiscism for not bringing in a certain calibre of players which was actually down to the club not having enough funds to do so.

Personally for me like a lot of other core supporters I pay my season ticket,attend sportsmans member of 100 club,actively volunteer and entitled to debate who we could possibly bring in.

The club has already stated that it doesn't have the funds to bring in the calibre of players that the supporters might expect. The stump up or shut up might be harsh, but sadly it's fact. The only way of attracting supposedly better players who demand a higher wage is by the fans helping generate extra cash to boost the playing the budget. I do all the things you've listed, but I will also be paying into the "Roof Fall Fund" when it's up and running, as I want to see the most competitive Cowden team on the park possible. Obviously if people can't afford a bit extra that's fair enough, but we need to try and make a big effort this season. We want to be in the play offs at the right end of the table!

The club has already stated that it doesn't have the funds to bring in the calibre of players that the supporters might expect. The stump up or shut up might be harsh, but sadly it's fact. The only way of attracting supposedly better players who demand a higher wage is by the fans helping generate extra cash to boost the playing the budget. I do all the things you've listed, but I will also be paying into the "Roof Fall Fund" when it's up and running, as I want to see the most competitive Cowden team on the park possible. Obviously if people can't afford a bit extra that's fair enough, but we need to try and make a big effort this season. We want to be in the play offs at the right end of the table!

Totally agree with a lot of what you have said all I am getting it is we have to be careful on how we communicate raising money for this fund.

Really looking forward now to next season and I am really sure with a good deal of determination from everyone involved with Cowdenbeath including the fans then I am confident we will return to the championship

Yes. If you were to email the bank details, I would transfer it straight to the club account tomorrow morning.[/quote

Ron, am on holiday in Cyprus for another 10 days yet plus the club CEO and office manager are also away on holiday for the next fortnight or so - so I will need to advise one of the directors still around of any arrangements

If you confirm to me that you have sent payment then I will contact CFC - will email bank details

Well nish should get onto Gallagher agent if rangers aren't gonna use him herd a good few have been released from thm not sure if he is on the list but guys like Walsh an hardie are stating before him surely if he like cowden whn he played for us maybe try an get him back would score goals for us an maybe get a move to a bigger club.. Also in the being back Buchanan if we can never got a real run in our team an defo would be a important player for us if we got him how do you give money to the roof fund btw??

Totally agree with a lot of what you have said all I am getting it is we have to be careful on how we communicate raising money for this fund.

Really looking forward now to next season and I am really sure with a good deal of determination from everyone involved with Cowdenbeath including the fans then I am confident we will return to the championship

I'm sure the club will deliver the message of the fund in a manner that will encourage people to try their best to donate to the cause.

My put up or shut up statement is borne of frustration at some fans expecting the club to magic quality players from somewhere without maybe realising how much our budget has been slashed by. Might be because they haven't been at the meetings, or haven't signed up to the e mail informing the supporters about what's happening at the club?

The fans were left flat by the finish to last season and I think the board were as well. We need to unite now, because we are where we are and only hard work by everyone will turn things around.

Archived