Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to stats Riordan played five games and scored three with East Fife and not all of them were full games.

Brechin offered him a contract with expenses only hence the reason he turned their contract down.

His talent has certainly been wasted and has not got the greatest of reputations regarding his attitude but he is worth a gamble under Nish's guidance if he really is trying to better himself.

He would be bound to score lots of goals in this league with Nish.

Our key this season will be to have a team that can score a lot of goals whilst having a solid defence

Our key this season will be to have a team that can score a lot of goals whilst having a solid defence

Disagree. I believe if we have a team that can't score and defend poorly, we'll do quite well.

Mr J Nic.

Maybe Gallagher an Herron would cost money vince I agree but the likes of wighton Kerr an the lad Murray wouldn't cost tht much wighton will find it hard to get into the Dundee team with the likes of loy an Hemmings signing an Kerr was at Peterhead last season and got rave reviews and a dout Murray will get near the first team at utd for abit still a young lad all possibilities tbh...

Is that only our key next season? Maybe our tactics should be to score more goals than our opponents. That might work.

Is that only our key next season? Maybe our tactics should be to score more goals than our opponents. That might work.

We should always be looking to score more goals than our opponents and always look to win every game.

If our players have that mentality then you should have a team at the topic end of the table fighting for promotion

Maybe Gallagher an Herron would cost money vince I agree but the likes of wighton Kerr an the lad Murray wouldn't cost tht much wighton will find it hard to get into the Dundee team with the likes of loy an Hemmings signing an Kerr was at Peterhead last season and got rave reviews and a dout Murray will get near the first team at utd for abit still a young lad all possibilities tbh...

Wighton would be an excellent loan signing and would be a nice thank you from Dundee since they were able to snap up Greg Stewart from us.

We should always be looking to score more goals than our opponents and always look to win every game.

If our players have that mentality then you should have a team at the topic end of the table fighting for promotion

Obviously!! That's every team's ambition ffs. Simply wanting it is no where near enough.

Maybe we could sign the Hearts under 20 POTY on loan...

Obviously!! That's every team's ambition ffs. Simply wanting it is no where near enough.

Maybe we could sign the Hearts under 20 POTY on loan...

The reason I said that is you made a statement about our tactics should be to score more goals than our opponents which as you say every team should always be instructed to do that if they are looking to win a game.

He would be a good signing on loan I think.

No wonder thn Gallagher declined to come back everyone knew by thn supporters an player tht we were going to go down with the manager we had sadly. If Donald can persuade him back now he have a new manager could make a name for himself like Hemmings did an get a bigger move if he bangs in alot of goals which in this league a think he would for sure.. Ano prob a long shot but stranger things have happened..

The reason I said that is you made a statement about our tactics should be to score more goals than our opponents which as you say every team should always be instructed to do that if they are looking to win a game.

He would be a good signing on loan I think.

I was being facetious as your point about being strong in defence and scoring loads of goals was so obvious.

Getting a decent keeper in will surely be a priority. We have been lucky enough to have a few very good ones in recent years but I don't imagine that it is an easy position to fill. We have a few young lads left after Thompsons departure so someone with match experience required. Not sure that good keepers are that easy to find though.

Nish has a major rebuild on his hands and not much to spend. I hope that he can find us a few gems from somewhere ( Not YouTube ).

I wouldn't want Riordan anywhere near our team. Had bags of talent but threw it away. Not the kind of influence you want in a dressing room full of mainly young players.

Simple fact, if you want to see better players attracted to Cowden this season, then the fans will have to provide the funds. Get involved in the "Roof Fall Fund" that is being set up just now. Basically stump up or shut up! Obviously we're depending on the manager to spend wisely if we can generate decent cash from this fund.

Archived