Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

I now have to consider either buy a season ticket or become a sponsor of my legend _ Big Nishy. Really hope he plays and manages well for the club :thumsup2

I also hope all the Cowden supporters support Nishy. I hated some Hibees booing to him!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get used to disappointment. It may be around for a while. The last 4 seasons of watching Cowden doesn't come near to giving u the whole Disappointment In Cowden Knowledge.

DICK.

Lack of finance dictating the decisions now.

The folly of retaining JN past December 2014 now coming home to roost.

I hope you are wrong Lawro regarding dissapointment being around for a while.

Credit to guys like you who have followed Cowdenbeath for decades!That's what you call true Cowden supporters if not diehards.

I hope Nish can do the job for us

We've got 10 contracted players.

His first task is to make up his squad. The calibre of player willing to stay around or sign on will be the first marker.

I don't have any opinion on him as a manager yet. He deserves the same chance as anyone else.

But if we're 8th in December and playing shite I would hope not to see you posting that we should get behind him like last season.

He gets punted in that scenario. - Right? Lesson learned 316?

Err...OK, best wishes to Cowden and your new Dods Nish overlord. I vaguely remember a few of you saying he'd probably end up with the job once Jimmy Nic was punted anyway.

...it is definitely Nish, right? :P

We've got 10 contracted players.

His first task is to make up his squad. The calibre of player willing to stay around or sign on will be the first marker.

I don't have any opinion on him as a manager yet. He deserves the same chance as anyone else.

But if we're 8th in December and playing shite I would hope not to see you posting that we should get behind him like last season.

He gets punted in that scenario. - Right? Lesson learned 316?

Definitely

Cowden316 seems a bit disappointed that we never gave an ex *** the job. Get a grip ! No competitive games played and you are disappointed. Fans need to unite and get as much cash to the club to help.

Cowden316 seems a bit disappointed that we never gave an ex *** the job. Get a grip ! No competitive games played and you are disappointed. Fans need to unite and get as much cash to the club to help.

There's no harm in me saying I am dissapointed but more uninspired than dissapointed .I am entitled to my opinion as he wouldn't have been at the top of my list.As always and shown throughout last season I will get behind the team and our new manager and wish Colin Nish every success as our new manager.

As you say everyone needs to unite to ensure we return to the championship on the first time of asking

After reading Donalds comments on the Fife Times as always I trust his judgement and I hope Colin proves his critics wrong and does very well as a manager.

Astounded by this appointment if I'm honest. He showed absolutely nothing over the year and a half he was with us to suggest he was a leader or anything like manager material. Both in his role as a player and development squad manager.

As has been repeatedly mentioned his record with our development squad was utterly woeful. "Results don't matter at youth level though!1!!' Well they kinda do. It's not the be all and end all but you certainly don't want them getting pumped rotten week in week out. A winners mentality isn't a bad thing to teach a youngster. We also had hee haw breaking through into our first team.

From the outside looking in it looks like a shocker and also looks like the cheap option/taking advantage of already having him under contract. I'll be happy to eat my words should he succeed but I have my doubts.

On the playing front it wouldn't surprise me if Colin takes a punt teaming up and taking a chance on his former striker partner Riordan?

If he does, he better not squander the little money that there is on him.

Astounded by this appointment if I'm honest. He showed absolutely nothing over the year and a half he was with us to suggest he was a leader or anything like manager material. Both in his role as a player and development squad manager.

As has been repeatedly mentioned his record with our development squad was utterly woeful. "Results don't matter at youth level though!1!!' Well they kinda do. It's not the be all and end all but you certainly don't want them getting pumped rotten week in week out. A winners mentality isn't a bad thing to teach a youngster. We also had hee haw breaking through into our first team.

From the outside looking in it looks like a shocker and also looks like the cheap option/taking advantage of already having him under contract. I'll be happy to eat my words should he succeed but I have my doubts.

Results dont matter though. Look at Aberdeen's under 20s that won the league. Does this suddenly make Sheerin a great manager and the players all stars? No, many of them have subsequently been released..

The 'coach' of an under 20s team has no where near total control over the team and most match day operations.

How players act on the pirch have nothing to do with how they will do off it. Roy Keane was a great leader, not so much a great manager. Alex Neil was a moaning wee dick on the pitch.

Didnt realise there was hoards of youth players coming through at Dumbarton before Nish got invovled.

Results dont matter though. Look at Aberdeen's under 20s that won the league. Does this suddenly make Sheerin a great manager and the players all stars? No, many of them have subsequently been released..

The 'coach' of an under 20s team has no where near total control over the team and most match day operations.

How players act on the pirch have nothing to do with how they will do off it. Roy Keane was a great leader, not so much a great manager. Alex Neil was a moaning wee dick on the pitch.

Didnt realise there was hoards of youth players coming through at Dumbarton before Nish got invovled.

If you take a look at the elite development league, you will see hearts and Dundee Utd in the lower half. They don't produce any decent players do they ?

Was the under 20 league not imposed on the clubs? In other words, some clubs don't put much effort into it and fill the team with cheap duds.

316 is not the only 1 disappointed though. Have spoken to a few who feel the same.

However I'm sure everyone will give the big fella a fair chance.

The reason I am dissapointed is I did not witness any leadership from him whilst fighting relegation particularly against Alloa

To be fair, that would have been difficult when you were getting so comprehensively pumped.

Archived