Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Jenkins could be a good assistant for nish think he would be a cracking help to him but again a guess its down to money a suppose a good experienced assistant will be key for nishy to succeed a think..

No big surprise Nish has been given the job. If he was given an 18 month contract in January when he signed, then he will be our highest earner next season I would think. He fits the player manager role, which the board favoured. Money would have played a big part in the decision I would have thought. Season ticket sales have been slow, so the fans haven't exactly given the board the confidence to even think about splashing out by bringing someone else in as player manager!

I don't really get the anti Nish stuff from other teams fans. If they don't fancy him as a player, that's fine but how does that suggest he will be a shit manager. Only time will just as it did with mixu, Levien, Lennon and Cameron. We have got it right more often than not with untested managers.

Sadly I am dissapointed in the appointment of Nish as our player manager but I will give him a chance and back him.

The reason I am dissapointed is I did not witness any leadership from him whilst fighting relegation particularly against Alloa and did not see him try to motivate the players.

Time will tell but we have to back him and get behind the team.

I would have preferred a fresh face and would be interested to know who the four candidates were.

Good opportunity for Nish however to prove he can be a manager but a massive task for him to at least get us to the playoffs

Sadly I am dissapointed in the appointment of Nish as our player manager but I will give him a chance and back him.

The reason I am dissapointed is I did not witness any leadership from him whilst fighting relegation particularly against Alloa and did not see him try to motivate the players.

I would have preferred a fresh face and would be interested to know who the four candidates were.

Good opportunity for Nish however to prove he can be a manager but a massive task for him to at least get us to the playoffs

I thought he dealt well with the Colin Marshall situation against Alloa. Nish was the one who pulled Marshall away and had a word.

Get used to disappointment. It may be around for a while. The last 4 seasons of watching Cowden doesn't come near to giving u the whole Disappointment In Cowden Knowledge.

DICK.

Lack of finance dictating the decisions now.

The folly of retaining JN past December 2014 now coming home to roost.

I don't really get the anti Nish stuff from other teams fans. If they don't fancy him as a player, that's fine but how does that suggest he will be a shit manager. Only time will just as it did with mixu, Levien, Lennon and Cameron. We have got it right more often than not with untested managers.

He was garbage with our youth team and just stood with his arms folded, won 2 games I think over a years worth of games, new guy came in and won 5 out of 7 right away. He spat the dummy out at us for not getting the assistant managers job, I would hate to have him in charge of my team.

Beggers belief how he got to the end of the season.Nicholl abso wasted the most money the clubs has had for years on utter dross should be ashamed of himself next time a see him at a sportsman dinner he is getting a pint eh Guinness chucked in his P***

Agree. He shouldn't be tarnished with anything that happened last season by Mr Northern Ireland. Fresh start for the big man and the club.

Maybe a few hatricks from Nish next season as well as getting the best out of the players.

Have to give him a chance as it's his first gig but for me the appointment is slightly uninspiring. However I am sure money was a big factor and I don't believe he would have been first choice

Maybe Darren Dods as player assistant or maybe he will become Brechin manager.

He was garbage with our youth team and just stood with his arms folded, won 2 games I think over a years worth of games, new guy came in and won 5 out of 7 right away. He spat the dummy out at us for not getting the assistant managers job, I would hate to have him in charge of my team.

This is my worry with the reputation he brings regarding going in huff etc.

I hope Colin Nish proves his critics wrong for himself and our club or we as a club will become a laughing stock if this appointment turns out badly

I'm not a fan of results in the Development league, clue is in the name. Test is how many players have went on or have potential to play for first team.

I'm not a fan of results in the Development league, clue is in the name. Test is how many players have went on or have potential to play for first team.

Id probably agree with that, I was more getting at his attitude, canny see any player wanting to bust a gut for him, could be wrong, but I really canny see it.

Archived