Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Feeling pretty low - spent Thursday and Friday exchanging views with the owners then was able to 'enjoy' our day at the Recs. The Board are of course to blame as are the players, management team, backroom staff and fans - as we were either all in this together or not.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watched the highlights. Campbell badly at fault for the first, and also partly Brownlie. 2nd chopper has a mare and 3rd goal is both chopper and brownies fault. Saying that Alloa too good on the day.

We created almost nothing.

Genuinely hope Marshall doesn't get another club and is lost to the game.

Got to feel for the board. They kindly had me in with them at the recent Raith game and they are all just genuine fans, but they put most of their spare time into the club, as well as money I believe. They have had us punching well above our weight but things can't always go for you. Just look at Dunfermline, 7th in league 1 with maybe 6 times bigger support than us.

Feeling pretty low - spent Thursday and Friday exchanging views with the owners then was able to 'enjoy' our day at the Recs. The Board are of course to blame as are the players, management team, backroom staff and fans - as we were either all in this together or not.

CC just blame Marshall. It's made me feel better.

Feels like the end of an era and it's a bit of an unsettling feeling just now. Hopefully the board will stick with it, even though there has been some criticism over their backing of JN this season. We would be lost without them! Everyone needs to reunite and get behind the club next season. This season has seen cracks appear in the Cowden family, which haven't been there for a good few years. I know we all crave success, but maybe a mid table finish next season is the best we can hope for? Unless we get lucky with signings at the lower end of the wages scale and somehow can hold on to some of our better players from this season. All comes down to money as always though!

The board for me are free from any blame in fact had it not been for their efforts we simply would have no team to discuss on this site or anywhere else for that matter. Understandably Saturday is a huge body blow allied to the demands of our owners. The board stepped up 5 years ago and have gone above and beyond what could have been expected from them. We are still in my opinion the best fan run club in Scotland.

It is time to move away from blame and time for us to concentrate our efforts on what we can all do to strengthen & rebuild for next season & beyond. In the face of crisis 5 years ago there was a real spirit of community and willingness to volunteer I think we now need to reinvigorate that spirit as I sense the board are understandably war weary and need our support going forward.

On Saturday the players and manager simply didn't perform as has been the case on too many occasions hence why we find ourselves where we are and if we really must attach blame then that is where it should lie the board have vested their trust & money & sadly it has not been repaid. However as I say continual blame will achieve nothing we need to let the board establish what is possible for next season and support them to carry their plans.

Don't beat yourself up Dave if it wasn't for our current board there would probably be no Cowden Fc.

Unsettling times ahead but if we all stick together we should get through this.

Fingers crossed a plan of action will be put in place following the board meeting for next season

Dinnae want to be a clipe here but if the fans are partially to blame them I'm pointing ma bony digit at Cowden316. Its aw his fault.

Nothin to do with me.

As folk have said on here the board have done a fantastic job and I really hope Donald remains as our chairman.

What we need to start thinking about is what can we do as supporters to generate money for the club as next seasons income will be cut significantly.

For example the 100 club could be refreshed and act as a real social club by volunteers helping throughout the season for example a bbq in the summer and entertainment etc with proceeds going to the club followed by other events throughout the season.

Yes these events can be a nuisance to organise and get folk to attend but it looks like we all need to try and keep our club alive

Time to put Saturdays horrific events aside and us all working towards securing our clubs future and hopefully a return to the championship.

Next seasons fixtures against Dunfermline will hopefully provide some extra income.What would be ideal from a selfish cowdenbeath perspective is if Rangers and Hibs stay in the Championship which would open the potential to potentially play them in the petrofact cup providing us with much needed income.

Imagine a draw at Ibrox and sharing the gate money next season.Maybe the next manager should have a target to have a decent cup run to increase these potential money spinning draws against bigger clubs

We wish these types of draws every season but we really need a cup draw like this next season to secure some cash.

rangers in the cup, we never get decent draws. Will probably get Falkirk away in both cups.

Fans to blame right enough, we were all in favour for JN to abandon our saving 3_5_2 formation from last season to changing our shape weekly..We all chose for Darren to be dropped as it was all his fault. Yes we were in this together, but it wasn't the fans fault, as we knew Jimmy was relegating us .

We are all gutted just now, but this doom word have been avoided if the board had acted before the new year.Fact is, you could have pulled a few boys of the terrace to take the training and pick the team, and ill bet we would have stayed up.

Cowden Convert - whenever you feel like paying the £100 charity bet you lost it would be appreciated. I can assure you the Rovers are not going into admin, therefore no issue with us finishing below you. If you post a screenshot of your payment on this thread and also the rovers thread it would be appreciated. :thumsup28):P:lol:

We do get awful cup draws, always have done as long as I remember, but you have to win some cup games to get a decent draw I guess. We have been pretty poor in cups for many a year.

So who are all these people who are supposed to be heaping blame on the board for everything?

Some of us have been critical of their decision to keep Jimmy as our manager which is hardly surprising but that is far as the criticism has gone. We all know how hard they work, the money and hours they put in for the club and that we would be sunk without them.

I feel that most fans responses have been fairly reasonable given that we have just been relegated after a rotten season.

Hopefully a lot of the fans who bought season tickets this season will show their support for the club by buying for next season. I'm lucky if I make half the home games a season due to my shifts, but I will be showing my support for the club by buying a season ticket again. Would hope a significant number will do the same.

Hopefully a lot of the fans who bought season tickets this season will show their support for the club by buying for next season. I'm lucky if I make half the home games a season due to my shifts, but I will be showing my support for the club by buying a season ticket again. Would hope a significant number will do the same.

Will be getting mine as soon as they go on sale. I guess pricing etc will be decided at the board meeting tonight?

Will be getting mine as soon as they go on sale. I guess pricing etc will be decided at the board meeting tonight?

I will definitely be renewing mine as soon as they become available.

The more season tickets we get sold the better for the club.

Archived