Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's be straight about how bad it was. In all my years watching football I've never seen a shambles as bad as us this season. In my view the board shoulder the blame. They should have

dumped Jimmy in January. We were fucking dreadful but still in with a chance. The board stuck with him even though it was clear he was taking us down.

Apart from 316 is there anyone that thought we were staying up?

Short memory mate. A lot worse seasons than that. We have just been spoilt in last decade. 93 was ten times worse.

After such a terrible season it is very heartening to see that we are all still behind the club. Many of us have felt disenchanted ( to say the least ) by some of the goings on over recent times but Cowdenbeath fans are a straight talking and fiercely loyal bunch.

Challenging times as usual are ahead but even after sitting through that dire display yesterday we are already looking to the future.

We must all be mental :P .

Not sure I speak on behalf of anyone else, but I feel a bit of relief that it's over. No point dwelling on what has happened. The board, or at least some of them need to take responsibility for backing the failure that was Jimmy Nicholl.

It's a kind of a new beginning again and to be quite honest, I'm really looking forward to next season already. My only concern is the whole situation with the stadium etc. That's a huge issue.

Article in the Courier this morning stating a major review will have to be carried out in terms of our budget for next season at today's board meeting and an apology from Jimmy and a good quote from Nish.

Not sure I speak on behalf of anyone else, but I feel a bit of relief that it's over. No point dwelling on what has happened. The board, or at least some of them need to take responsibility for backing the failure that was Jimmy Nicholl.

It's a kind of a new beginning again and to be quite honest, I'm really looking forward to next season already. My only concern is the whole situation with the stadium etc. That's a huge issue.

That's the way I feel CL just a relief that the season is at an end.

Who's saying sack the board?

They made a big call by sticking with Jimmy and got it badly wrong.

I think they will know that and I'm sure they will be hurting badly. I have no doubt they did what they thought was best. We all make mistakes.

Time to move on and build again. I think it may set us back a few years tho to get back challenging for league 1.

I think it was Ron that said the elephant in the room is the Brewsters who bleed money out the Club. I could put up with years of rebuilding if we had control of our destiny but as long as these cowboys own the Club, we are hostages held to ransom.

Let's be straight about how bad it was. In all my years watching football I've never seen a shambles as bad as us this season. In my view the board shoulder the blame. They should have

dumped Jimmy in January. We were fucking dreadful but still in with a chance. The board stuck with him even though it was clear he was taking us down.

Apart from 316 is there anyone that thought we were staying up?

IMO he should have been punted after the 4th game of the season

Totally ruined the feel good factor from play offs

I think they will know that and I'm sure they will be hurting badly. I have no doubt they did what they thought was best. We all make mistakes.

Time to move on and build again. I think it may set us back a few years tho to get back challenging for league 1.

I think it was Ron that said the elephant in the room is the Brewsters who bleed money out the Club. I could put up with years of rebuilding if we had control of our destiny but as long as these cowboys own the Club, we are hostages held to ransom.

The board do a lot more behind the scenes than any of us realise. Jimmy's loan signings have all been good, just most of the others have been poor.

It will be good to go to games again where we don't have to defend from the kick off.

Just hope we can still keep the few fans we have, several new faces amongst our support this season.

Exactly how I feel about things CowdenLoyal. Time to move on and put this season firmly behind us. I also share your concerns about the future for the club.

Did anyone else see the article also in The Courier about Tesco speaking to potential buyers of the land that was supposed to house their new store? Interesting.

Seen that but its old news really Tesco won't want to hold onto something they don't need with their current financial problems they will either sell it to a rival ie Lidl or for housing. Either way won't make any difference to Cowden.

The board have done an excellent job for us. Wasnt for them we wouldnt have had the success weve had in recent years. Just hope they all stay on including Donald Findlay.

The board have done an excellent job for us. Wasnt for them we wouldnt have had the success weve had in recent years. Just hope they all stay on including Donald Findlay.

Without a doubt. This may well be the biggest test faced so far though. I trust them completely. Just a pity we never got shot of JN ages ago.

As folk have said on here the board have done a fantastic job and I really hope Donald remains as our chairman.

What we need to start thinking about is what can we do as supporters to generate money for the club as next seasons income will be cut significantly.

For example the 100 club could be refreshed and act as a real social club by volunteers helping throughout the season for example a bbq in the summer and entertainment etc with proceeds going to the club followed by other events throughout the season.

Yes these events can be a nuisance to organise and get folk to attend but it looks like we all need to try and keep our club alive

Time to put Saturdays horrific events aside and us all working towards securing our clubs future and hopefully a return to the championship.

Next seasons fixtures against Dunfermline will hopefully provide some extra income.What would be ideal from a selfish cowdenbeath perspective is if Rangers and Hibs stay in the Championship which would open the potential to potentially play them in the petrofact cup providing us with much needed income.

Imagine a draw at Ibrox and sharing the gate money next season.Maybe the next manager should have a target to have a decent cup run to increase these potential money spinning draws against bigger clubs

We wish these types of draws every season but we really need a cup draw like this next season to secure some cash.

The 100 club can't even get 100 members. That alone shows how hard it is to raise funds.

This its the same old faces who turn up at events and join things like the 100 club, people can only stretch their pockets so far.

Archived