Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Suppose that has happened for a good many of years as Muzz said earlier folk have to choose to either watch or play football.

I had no choice due to no ability.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope Hibs put the effort in to finish second and beat Livi and Alloa. All we need to do then is beat Hearts. Surely the players can make one special effort to make up for the poor results we have had. Job done! Make up for almost throwing it away against Livi. It won't be easy beating Hearts, but it is a get out of jail chance. Don't pass it up Cowden.

Had Hibs won today I would have been worried about their performances in the coming week. Losing means they have a lot to prove and the only have one goal - finishing second then promotion.

Hibs will beat Alloa and Livi. I'm fairly confident. As long as they beat Alloa I'll be happy. It's still in our own hands, we can't ask for much more.

Had Hibs won today I would have been worried about their performances in the coming week. Losing means they have a lot to prove and the only have one goal - finishing second then promotion.

Hibs will beat Alloa and Livi. I'm fairly confident. As long as they beat Alloa I'll be happy. It's still in our own hands, we can't ask for much more.

Admire your confidence, but If the lure of a Scottish cup final can't get them a win over Falkirk, even with the bulk of possession, then I wouldn't bet on Hibs beating anyone.

Hibs have to get the finger out. They have a good chance of getting second. If they can step up to the mark against Livi, they should be able to beat Alloa at home. Then Hearts can set a points record when they beat Sevco, after we pump them 1-0.

We don't deserve to stay up but I am of course hoping that we can do it.

Incredible to think that we still sit in 8th spot with just a few games left. The players need to roll up their sleeves and show some real grit and fight against Hearts. The 10- 0 utter humiliation at Tynecastle should have them up for the battle for sure. Embarrassments like that should hurt like hell and make you determined to do your utmost to regain some sense of pride.

I think that Jimmy will try and set us up for a draw and look for a possible winner take all game at Alloa.

I think that Jimmy will try and set us up for a draw and look for a possible winner take all game at Alloa.

You're probably right.

We've got such a good record of setting up for a draw too.

It's going to the Alloa game regardless.

A few weeks ago we would have done anything to be in this position with the way they were playing, now with two matches to play its in the teams hands.

Welcome to the annual nervous time where relaxing is just for other supporters but not for Cowdenbeath.

All we want is Hearts to fold on Saturday, and Hibs and Raith to will their remaining games......is that too much to ask?

A few weeks ago we would have done anything to be in this position with the way they were playing, now with two matches to play its in the teams hands.

Welcome to the annual nervous time where relaxing is just for other supporters but not for Cowdenbeath.

All we want is Hearts to fold on Saturday, and Hibs and Raith to will their remaining games......is that too much to ask?

A few weeks ago we still had every chance to get out of this relegation fight so no i wouldn't have taken this.

Beating Alloa or even Livi recently and we'd be pretty safe. Should have beaten one of the two teams below us at home surely.

Thank f**k we play Alloa away last game. They've won twice at CP this season but we've won our last two at the Recs.

Our home form against bottom half teams is dreadful and would give us false hope.

If JN sets us up for a draw against Hearts, then it would just highlight how clueless he is. We have to beat Hearts and we can beat Hearts. We should go 4-3-3 and go for the jugular.

Anything else is criminal. The team should realise that they have a chance to make amends for the awful Livi result. That Livi result was far more embarrassing than the 10-0 against Hearts.

If JN sets us up for a draw against Hearts, then it would just highlight how clueless he is. We have to beat Hearts and we can beat Hearts. We should go 4-3-3 and go for the jugular.

Anything else is criminal. The team should realise that they have a chance to make amends for the awful Livi result. That Livi result was far more embarrassing than the 10-0 against Hearts.

We won't beat Hearts. We should set up to have a go though.

Probably is unfortunately. Hibs might win their games but raith won't win again.

Interesting article about Campbell. He mentions 'off field reasons that led him to Cowden' and about clauses in his contract.

I hope to god we haven't dished out clauses meaning we have to offer players another deal.

https://ramblingsofaloon.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/post-match-interview-with-forfar-athletics-iain-campbell-18th-april-2015/

Interesting article about Campbell. He mentions 'off field reasons that led him to Cowden' and about clauses in his contract.

I hope to god we haven't dished out clauses meaning we have to offer players another deal.

https://ramblingsofaloon.wordpress.com/2015/04/18/post-match-interview-with-forfar-athletics-iain-campbell-18th-april-2015/

Seems a bit daft that he can't stay with Forfar for the last couple of games. He won't get a game for Cowden .

Archived