Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just hoping we have a shot at saving ourselves last day, whether that be for 8th or 9th. Criminal if we finish bottom given the games Livi & Alloa have left. Hopefully results go our way and a draw against Alloa will secure 8th. That's the best we can hope for at this stage. Really can't see us winning at home to Hearts even if they have taken the foot off the gas.

Home stand only for the Hearts game and no option to buy an extra ticket so I need to make a trip during the season ticket uplift days and then another one if I want to buy one during the public sale. I won't miss this nonsense next year.

Oh and under 12s can get in for £5 for this game only 17 games too late.

I can see why Jimmy hasn't been sacked yet now.

Shame Buchanan won't play against Hearts. Would prefer him to Kudus. Buchanan seemed to link up well with Nish in the Raith game. Would probably prefer CJ to Kudus too if I'm honest. Need eleven grafters for the last two games to stand any chance.

Lets face it. At the start of the season we all looked at the fixtures and said it goes to Alloa away. Assuming results pan out as they ought to being 8th going into that game is better than Alloa can get.

Shit we ended up like that the way it panned out but no doubt Alloa have a similar sob story.

If it goes pear shaped out of all the results its not a draw we should have got at easter road in august that counts. Its not winning the 0 0 at dumbo. We romped that game.

Was looking forward to the Hearts game but £18 (£20 really as I will need to buy on line) to sit in the New Stand isn't particularly appealing. Sure the club will sell out the allocation so won't miss the money at least.

Anyone know why we aren't offering hospitality? Stock cars? There's a load of money missed out on again.

According to Central Fife Times Higgins and Nish were injured so I take my critiscism of JN back in regards to why on earth did he take of two strikers!

Still don't understand his thinking by putting Chris Kane on though.

Fingers crossed other results go our way and we take something from the Hearts game.

I think we will need a minimum of four points if we are to finish eighth.

So you think Livi will win 3 of their 4 final games (including games against Hibs, Rangers and Queens) and Alloa will win their 2 games before us (against Queens and Hibs)? Otherwise a win at Alloa will suffice.

Even a point against Hearts changes very little for us as Alloa can still catch us with a win. We should go for it. Draw isn't helpful and goal difference is already bust.

Shame Buchanan won't play against Hearts. Would prefer him to Kudus. Buchanan seemed to link up well with Nish in the Raith game. Would probably prefer CJ to Kudus too if I'm honest. Need eleven grafters for the last two games to stand any chance.

Never seen CJ do anything. Does run about a lot, that's about it. Kudus has at least scored, just make sure he's got his boots on the right feet.

Never seen CJ do anything. Does run about a lot, that's about it. Kudus has at least scored, just make sure he's got his boots on the right feet.

Half the time CJ's out of his natural position stuck away out wide.

I think Livingston will draw against hibs and Rangers and beat Raith and qos giving them 8 points!(Should be very wrong hopefully but anything can happen)

So four points would be very important based on this as a win against Alloa would be no good based on the above in terms of finishing eighth.

Hopefully it will pan out with Livingston only taking a maximum of six points until the end of the season and Alloa getting no points and us Cowden only needing a win or a draw at Alloa

I think Livingston will draw against hibs and Rangers and beat Raith and qos giving them 8 points!

So four points would be very important based on this as a win against Alloa would be no good based on the above in terms of finishing eighth.

Hopefully it will pan out with Livingston only taking a maximum of six points until the end of the season and Alloa getting no points and us Cowden only needing a point or three

You've just made those numbers up to fit your 4 points. Not a hope in hell they will get those results. Even the most optimistic Livi fan knows that won't happen - and I doubt you really think they will get those results either.

So you think Livi will win 3 of their 4 final games (including games against Hibs, Rangers and Queens) and Alloa will win their 2 games before us (against Queens and Hibs)? Otherwise a win at Alloa will suffice.

Even a point against Hearts changes very little for us as Alloa can still catch us with a win. We should go for it. Draw isn't helpful and goal difference is already bust.

Exactly right. A draw is meaningless against Hearts unless Livi have a great run and Alloa pick up points. Hence, we need to go all out attack against Hearts if we are clear of Alloa. Somebody please make that clear to JN, or the clown will probably play for a draw!

You've just made those numbers up to fit your 4 points. Not a hope in hell they will get those results. Even the most optimistic Livi fan knows that won't happen - and I doubt you really think they will get those results either.

I certainly hope not.

I am looking at worst case scenarios and not taking anything for granted.

Hopefully we can still stay up as that's all I am concerned about however I am deeply dissapointed that yet again we have to rely on other teams doing us favours as we can't seem to do things for ourselves when it matters.

I really hope we are all celebrating together come the end of the season

Its still great to say we can still do it so let's keep the faith and as the saying goes it's not over until the fat lady sings

PS

The fat lady has been heard warming her lungs up at Alloa,let's hope it won't be over for us but over for Alloa

Archived