Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Pretty sure in season 2002/2003 we switched manager from David Winnie to Brian Fairley at a later stage in the season than this. We beat already promoted Raith Rovers in our final match of the season to stay up. I don't think relegation is inevitable. Any team that has already beaten Queen Of The South twice already this season, must still be capable of picking up points between now and the end of the season. Weren't things pretty bleak for Cowdenbeath going into the last few games of last season? Even if you go into the play offs, didn't you comfortably see of Forfar in the Scottish Cup? Lots of football to be played, so don't abandon all hope just yet.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So guys like Deano,TOB,Nat,Robbo,Kenny,Chopper etc don,t deserve our support after the service they have given this club.Are you for real.Our manager signed a whole raft of players this season,how many are playing.He changes our formation virtually every week and sometimes two or three times in a game.We are set up to contain every week and we are no use at it.One look at our goal difference highlights that.We are part time with most of the players in two nights a week yet we have no system of play sorted to suit our players.We have the most experienced manager in the game and he doesn,t see any of this.Lee Makel is completely frozen out by Nicholl.There is one man responsible for how we have played,just one.

The guys you mentioned do deserve our support that's why I have said the majority of the players in previous posts.

Guys like Deano,Chopper,Kenny etc are the ones who genuinely care for the club

That's a bloody cheery outlook. Yes yesterday was pathetic and a disgrace. That doesn't mean we should throw in the towel.

We need a change to give the team a boost. We all know what change is needed. Until then cut the already relegated shit as Livingston are just as bad as us (yes they haven't lost 10-0 before someone says it).

There's a lot of football to be played.

Yes dissapointing that some people have thrown in the towel and accepting relegation when we could still save our season.

I'm not accepting relegation. We are in a better position now than we were last season when Jimmy came in. He had to catch alloa and would have had it not been for the 96th minute QoS goal.

We are level on points with alloa. It's a straight fight so all to play for but we need a change of manager then fans and management can get the same spirit going we had last season.

Believe !

But Alloa are more capable of picking up points than we are at the moment. Also we can't ignore Livi, a couple of decent wins for them and they have caught up with us, plus we still have to play them. We can't score and we can't stop conceding goals. 2 strikers and Morton saved us last season, its pretty hard to get the same spirit as the run in last season when we know it will be pretty damn hard to replicate that or even come close to doing so.

But Alloa are more capable of picking up points than we are at the moment. Also we can't ignore Livi, a couple of decent wins for them and they have caught up with us, plus we still have to play them. We can't score and we can't stop conceding goals. 2 strikers and Morton saved us last season, its pretty hard to get the same spirit as the run in last season when we know it will be pretty damn hard to replicate that or even come close to doing so.

If you believe that, then there is no point in changing the manager !

Sick of these happy clappers in the Cowden support, they really fucking annoy me. We lost 10 nil 10 nil yet it's all we can save ourselves and let's keep Jimmy in a job cos he's a nice guy. Stick with plan guys and see where it gets you.

Sick of these happy clappers in the Cowden support, they really fucking annoy me. We lost 10 nil 10 nil yet it's all we can save ourselves and let's keep Jimmy in a job cos he's a nice guy. Stick with plan guys and see where it gets you.

If you bothered to actually read any of my posts I said Nicholl can GTF. With or without Jimmy in charge we still have a chance of staying up. We are 6 points ahead of a Livingston side who are as bad as us.

I've not seen a single person say Jimmy should still be in the job. I hope he walks and hope Makel can give the players a boost.

That clear enough?

Don't worry about us folks, we are a team that's given up the fight and have accepted our fate, we still have to play Rangers and Hibs twice along with falkirk and QoS all of which we will pick up a guaranteed zero points.

Really don't understand the pish spouted on here about the players...f**k sake they are earning a fraction of the players from sides like Hearts, but yes we should never lose like we did yesterday. No way can the blame be anywhere than pointed at the manager, he has changed players and formations more than a coach with a bairns team. The confidence has gone from the side, but is anyone going to try and tell me the Choppers, kennys, Robbos, a d the Dean is etc don't deserve our support, then they have no idea. Players like those have brought Cowden the most success in the last five or so years than the club has ever had. Trust me they care, they love the club and are hurting like all us fans.

Really don't understand the pish spouted on here about the players...f**k sake they are earning a fraction of the players from sides like Hearts, but yes we should never lose like we did yesterday. No way can the blame be anywhere than pointed at the manager, he has changed players and formations more than a coach with a bairns team. The confidence has gone from the side, but is anyone going to try and tell me the Choppers, kennys, Robbos, a d the Dean is etc don't deserve our support, then they have no idea. Players like those have brought Cowden the most success in the last five or so years than the club has ever had. Trust me they care, they love the club and are hurting like all us fans.

Regardless of a players wage they should all show some fight and determination just like the ones you mentioned like Deano Chopper Kenny,Robbo.

I think Deano,Chopper,Kenny etc need to get a grip of these players and tell them what it's like fighting tooth and nail for the club.

Agree with you, but I was responding to a post I read which I found disrespectful to players mentioned and some more. Don't believe for a minute that anyone putting a Cowden Jersey on at three on a Saturday doesent care. We ate lucky to have held on to a lot of the squad last few seasons, and make no mistake that is the reason for our success..we have been poor to watch for much of the season, but it is nothing to do with the players not caring.

Agree with you, but I was responding to a post I read which I found disrespectful to players mentioned and some more. Don't believe for a minute that anyone putting a Cowden Jersey on at three on a Saturday doesent care. We ate lucky to have held on to a lot of the squad last few seasons, and make no mistake that is the reason for our success..we have been poor to watch for much of the season, but it is nothing to do with the players not caring.

Disagree I am afraid apart from the players already mentioned.

How have we been so toothless in recent games then if all the players care?

I hope I am proved wrong with the players fighting for every ball and playing for the full ninety minutes.As of late I see no determination apart from the usual suspects

Archived