Cowdenbeath 2014/15 Championship Thread

Agree the positive comments from Jimmy are becoming rather annoying taking into account yesterday's result.

However as a Manager and his own personal style he needs to try and keep things positive and lift the players heads especially at this stage of the season as there is no room for low confidence or low moral

I personally would have a different approach to our players and give them the old school hairdryer treatment as clearly the majority of them do not care about the club and appear to just be here for a jolly.

The players are disrespecting the fans who pay their moneyfollowing Cowden week in week out and some who pay for extras like the 100 club etc etc.

I believe we can just stay up with some sort of change whether that's a free agent striker but if we go down without a fight the majority of these players deserve to be put on the scrapheap of Scottish football as their professionalism is abysmal and their overall attitude

As the dressing room appears to be lost it is even more clear then that the players don't care as if it was the manager they are frustrated at then they should still at the very least try and perform for the club and it's fans

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowden 316. Nicholl needs to go end of. Lee Makel has been frozen out of training. Jimmy ignores him. Change the manager and stop the rot. We have 66 goals against us and signing another fullback isn't gonna sort it. Stop sticking up for him. He's destroyed Cowden and if he stays he will destroy us more

Are you getting any pleasure from watching us 316? The point of going to football is to gain some enjoyment and distraction from the rigours of life and to have some pride and sense of belonging in the team you support. I just come home from games these days feeling empty and depressed :( .

I don't mind losing if I see some fight and passion in the team. We have no fight, we have no desire and I see no pride in wearing the jersey.

Cowden 316. Nicholl needs to go end of. Lee Makel has been frozen out of training. Jimmy ignores him. Change the manager and stop the rot. We have 66 goals against us and signing another fullback isn't gonna sort it. Stop sticking up for him. He's destroyed Cowden and if he stays he will destroy us more

I am not defending him,I am basing my opinion on struggling clubs who have brought in a manager and has changed nothing or made things even worse.

Look at Potter at Dunfermline.Everyone wanted him in now there are boos at East End Park calling for his head.Jeffries had them in a better position.

Look at Kenny Shiels going to Morton who was also able to add to his squad then they were relegated.

Look at Burchill at Livingston still bottom.

Jeffries was also appointed at Dunfermline to save them from relegation from the Premiership I'm sure but were relegated

Give me an example of a manager with around 11 games to go and were facing relegation and saved them?Although I am sure Jimmy Calderwood comes to mind!??

Are you getting any pleasure from watching us 316? The point of going to football is to gain some enjoyment and distraction from the rigours of life and to have some pride and sense of belonging in the team you support. I just come home from games these days feeling empty and depressed :( .

I don't mind losing if I see some fight and passion in the team. We have no fight, we have no desire and I see no pride in wearing the jersey.

I don't think 316 is disagreeing. I agree with him that the manager AND PLAYERS do not deserve our support. They look like they don't care. I couldn't face going out last night but I bet most of them were out and having a beer and a laugh. They are a disgrace to the profession.

Yes the players don't really deserve our support but the club does folks.

So it's important we still turn up in our numbers and ensure our club plays every Saturday in the football season for generations to come.

Cowden fans are hurting right now and with just cause. Funny as it may sound when news came thro to us of Hearts running up a cricket score I don't think there was one Sons fan who was anything other than sympathetic; it could have been one of a couple of sides and we've still to go there in a fortnight.

To all of you who are tempted to throw in the towel/season ticket - DON'T ! As someone has already pointed out the club is the thing; players, managers, Directors, fans come and go but the football club must go on. You can also take pride in the fact that like ourselves life is a perennial struggle but at least we pay our way. We are both currently punching above our weight and we should remember that.

Get the heads up guys.....

good post pal.

if the fans all give up then the board would be next and we all know what that would mean.

I don't think 316 is disagreeing. I agree with him that the manager AND PLAYERS do not deserve our support. They look like they don't care. I couldn't face going out last night but I bet most of them were out and having a beer and a laugh. They are a disgrace to the profession.

I get where he is coming from but Jimmy Nic is the man who Brings the players in ( including Nish ) and he is accountable for the way we are playing.

I am not defending him,I am basing my opinion on struggling clubs who have brought in a manager and has changed nothing or made things even worse.

Look at Potter at Dunfermline.Everyone wanted him in now there are boos at East End Park calling for his head.Jeffries had them in a better position.

Look at Kenny Shiels going to Morton who was also able to add to his squad then they were relegated.

Look at Burchill at Livingston still bottom.

Jeffries was also appointed at Dunfermline to save them from relegation from the Premiership I'm sure but were relegated

Give me an example of a manager with around 11 games to go and were facing relegation and saved them?Although I am sure Jimmy Calderwood comes to mind!??

Changing the manager might not work but what harm can it do? Carry on as we are and we're getting relegated. Performances are getting worse not better.

I have filled the hospitality room next week. half the folk coming have never been to central or a cowden game.

What the f**k am i bringing them too?

If jimmy does stay and we go a goal down, the atmosphere will be poisonous.

My opinion is an amicable agreement has to be reached early in the week. Theres no way back now. Ten nil is inexcusable.

Any hospitality tickets ripped up ????

Happy to take one lol ????

Changing the manager might not work but what harm can it do? Carry on as we are and we're getting relegated. Performances are getting worse not better.

A club like ours needs all the money it can get and by also changing a manager at this stage will result in a pay off then wages for a new manager.

It would take a really special manager to motivate our players and get them playing well

Yes the players don't really deserve our support but the club does folks.

So it's important we still turn up in our numbers and ensure our club plays every Saturday in the football season for generations to come.

So guys like Deano,TOB,Nat,Robbo,Kenny,Chopper etc don,t deserve our support after the service they have given this club.Are you for real.Our manager signed a whole raft of players this season,how many are playing.He changes our formation virtually every week and sometimes two or three times in a game.We are set up to contain every week and we are no use at it.One look at our goal difference highlights that.We are part time with most of the players in two nights a week yet we have no system of play sorted to suit our players.We have the most experienced manager in the game and he doesn,t see any of this.Lee Makel is completely frozen out by Nicholl.There is one man responsible for how we have played,just one.

So guys like Deano,TOB,Nat,Robbo,Kenny,Chopper etc don,t deserve our support after the service they have given this club.Are you for real.Our manager signed a whole raft of players this season,how many are playing.He changes our formation virtually every week and sometimes two or three times in a game.We are set up to contain every week and we are no use at it.One look at our goal difference highlights that.We are part time with most of the players in two nights a week yet we have no system of play sorted to suit our players.We have the most experienced manager in the game and he doesn,t see any of this.Lee Makel is completely frozen out by Nicholl.There is one man responsible for how we have played,just one.

I'm no manager but 10 professional footballers should not lose 10 goals to any team in the same division so no, the players don't deserve support. I will still go along as it's my Club, it's not theirs and they don't care. They will all move on and take the money somewhere else without any regard for our Club.

Thanks is due to their previous service but it's over.

Face facts we are relegated cos we have stuck by Jimmy Nuc for too long. Latest he should have gone is before Xmas. Giving a new manager a chance now means we can plan for next season. Btw you want one example of changing a manager with 11 games to go Nedo Sonetti saved Lecce 1988 by doing this. I don't care about othet clubs. Getting beat 10 nil means he should go

Our long serving players have been let down by the manager. Some of his signings have been ridiculously poor. Money wasted.

He has lost his way. His team selections have been questionable all season. The players have no confidence in him.

The manager needs to move on. The board need to make the decision for him.

What should have been an enjoyable season has turned to shit.

Changes need to be made now to try and save the club from further humiliation.

Face facts we are relegated cos we have stuck by Jimmy Nuc for too long. Latest he should have gone is before Xmas. Giving a new manager a chance now means we can plan for next season. Btw you want one example of changing a manager with 11 games to go Nedo Sonetti saved Lecce 1988 by doing this. I don't care about othet clubs. Getting beat 10 nil means he should go

We are not relegated yet ffs. If we change to Makel it might give the players the boot up the arse we need.

Some amazing over reactions on here.

We are not relegated yet ffs. If we change to Makel it might give the players the boot up the arse we need.

Some amazing over reactions on here.

We only lost 10-0 right enough. Some folk are getting carried away for no good reason ;) .

Archived